BLIC07 file formats

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm very interested in modding BLIC this year so I will be a keen follower of this. From what i've heard, the dds files used last time were very hard to work with.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Is there any chance that EXE editing (like that which was proposed but not quite done for Cricket 07) will be possible?

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
evertonfan said:
From what i've heard, the dds files used last time were very hard to work with.
There was certainly no difficulty from my point of view. However, we have the unknown .cds format to deal with this year which will be trouble. :(

Outlander

Club Cricketer
ok man chill in was just asking is this cracked yet.

btw can i help with this

Saltires

Club Cricketer
The kit files and adboards are still in .dds and are perfectly editable on photoshop, but you probably already knew that....

A couple of Google searches have revealed nothing other than the fact that no one knows anything about a .cds extension (apart from Cambridge Uni's Chemical Drawing Software files!!!)

Last edited:

embi

International Coach
All the teams etc seem to be in .dat files as last year, had a quick peek at one of them and theyre fairly similar to last year with some extra information (more statistics stuff i think).

Yep, CDS looks like the main problem. I have hardly any experience with graphics formats so can't help a lot but I notice there are a D, N and S version of each file.
However, the early signs are promising - we've saved a lot of time by being able to use Baggi Studios.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
The D, N and S files are there for Colour, Bump and Reflectiveness maps or similar (not necissarily in that order), as they are there for the balls. The D file is the "main" one which we need to sort out. The .cds files are compressed in some way, though I don't know of any ways of figuring out what compression is used on them.

madmick96

Club Cricketer
I just used Baggi Studios to open up the .bag files and they are almost exactly the same as BLIC 05 but with some extras, so it's almost certain that we can edit the game, ive already found out wat the TV overlay, player heads, bats, gloves, etc. Codies hardly changed a thing.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Where did you find the TV overlay thing then? And you may have found the bats, but no-one knows what the .cds file is all about.

And if you wouldn't mind letting us know the head formats as well, that would be nice.

Coco

School Cricketer
I don't know if this will help but looking on the internet I found that .cds can be a programming extension for something called Delphi blah blah blah. I don't know if this is useful but I don't know much about computers and stuff just trying to be helpful!

Go on this website and look about half way down the page (after the Cambridge .cds thingy) and it has an entry on another .cds

Sorry if this is waste of time but I'm really looking forward to being able to edit BLIC07.

madmick96

Club Cricketer
lazy_chesnut said:
Where did you find the TV overlay thing then? And you may have found the bats, but no-one knows what the .cds file is all about.

And if you wouldn't mind letting us know the head formats as well, that would be nice.

If I'm not mistaken the TV Overlay files are in the GameData.bag which is the same as last year and the files are the same, HUD\HudImages.dds and ButtonImages.dds. I've also seen the the templates of all players shirts, etc are in the sharedtextures.bag. The files in playerheads_demo.bag are not stated so you don't really know yet, I've tried opening it with photoshop but so far no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread