Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Couldn’t find any other thread to discuss books we're reading, so here it is.
Let’s start by sharing what brought you into reading.
For me, it was our third grade teacher taking us to the school library for the first time. After that, been a prolific reader, whether books or comics, barring a few years from 2016 to 2020.
In my early teens, i read classics like Robinson Crusoe, Jules Verne's adventure novels (Around the World in 80 Days, Journey to the Centre of the Earth), Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, and others. Also loved the "A Series of Unfortunate Events" books.
Recently got a few books, and have set myself the goal of reading more than 10 books this year. Started with The Wandering Falcon, by Jamil Ahmad. Will post a short review soon.
Now started Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse.

Shailesh

Club Captain
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I remember when i was in school i've selected a book randomly, it was 'the breadwinner' epic book made me to read it everyday

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A teenager girl named parvana's story, taliban attack over their country how he and his family suffered from it, the story is divided with 3 books of different characters
Sounds interesting, will check it out.

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Reading books has become more difficult than it used to be, thanks to a lower attention span. I have a lot of titles in mind that I want to read but it's difficult to keep focus or actually start reading it :)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Reading books has become more difficult than it used to be, thanks to a lower attention span. I have a lot of titles in mind that I want to read but it's difficult to keep focus or actually start reading it :)
The same happened to me from 2016 onwards, as I started using more social media, and with the advent of Netflix. But i have been trying to get back into reading, successfully so far.

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
The same happened to me from 2016 onwards, as I started using more social media, and with the advent of Netflix. But i have been trying to get back into reading, successfully so far.
I've also been trying for months but have been unsuccessful so far. Hopefully It'll be easier in the future.
Do you have any suggestions in particular that would be interesting to read?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I've also been trying for months but have been unsuccessful so far. Hopefully It'll be easier in the future.
Do you have any suggestions in particular that would be interesting to read?
Depends on the genre.
Siddhartha has very spiritual and existential themes.
The Wandering Falcon is a tribute to the peoples living in the border areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan, from Balochistan up to Chitral.
Osman Samiuddin's The Unquiet Ones is a magnificent history of Pakistan cricket.
Elif Shafak's The Forty Rules of Love is next on my list, along with The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Purchased, read the book by Ashneer Grover - Doglapan. He has exposed many people and their Doglapan (hypocrisy) for his ouster from BharatPe, the FinTech unicorn that he built from scratch.

Currently reading, The Ghost Hunter Gaurav Tiwari.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
The only books I've read on my own were biographies or autobiographies of wrestlers.

Best ones I recommend

Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling
Have A Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks
Foley is Good: And the Real World is Faker Than Wrestling
Slobberknocker: My Life in Wrestling
A Lion's Tale

Users who are viewing this thread