Bowler / Batsmen who can make it to the national senior side

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
U19 world cup is on, a tournament where players perform to grab attention from the selectors to make it into the senior side.

It's too early to judge, but who have the potential? who's your pick?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Captains of U-19 teams have usually sparkled in the national scene. Kaif played 120 odd matches for India, and was pivotal in the 03 run with solid batting and more importantly amazing fielding. Kohli looks a similar mould.

Unfortunately, I don't see the Kaif/Kohli/KKD esque talent from our U19 bunch. Obviously they are very gifted young lads but they're not the kind of players that you can just draft into international consideration right away, like KKD, Kaif, and Kohli was. Pandey is doing his bit in domestic cricket, as is Saurabh Tiwary.

We might find out in the IPL, a few of them might get some games.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Its too early too guess. Remember players like Umar Akmal had a poor U-19 World Cup so dont count anyone out!

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Saurabh Netrawalkar. He is certain to play for India. If not in 6 months than a couple of years for sure. Is that guy accurate or what ! :hpraise

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Usman Qadir looks very good to me.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Saurabh Netrawalkar. He is certain to play for India. If not in 6 months than a couple of years for sure. Is that guy accurate or what ! :hpraise

Lolololol, what bullshit. He would get smacked. He is a trundler.

I think David Payne has been very impressive, match in match out. I think he'll be playing for England some day.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Kraig Brathwaite will be in the West Indies side by the time he is 20-21 for sure. He averages 83.3 with 3 fifties in 4 innings so far in this world cup. He already played for Barbados and would probably be playing for them in the domestic competition if he wasn't playing in the world cup.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors

Naa, he sprays it around all over the place. :sarcasm

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
James Vince. Looked a class act whenever I've seen him bat, probably not as talented as Sam Northeast or James Taylor, but he's clearly got alot of natural ability. I'd back him to make an appearance for England at some point. Ben Stokes looks a handy all-rounder as well. Be interesting to see how he goes for Durham next season, if he gets a few games anyway.

Edit: Forgot about David Payne too. Nice to see a quick bowler coming through the ranks, our fast bowling stocks are incredibly slim. If we were to lose a 2 of Anderson, Broad and Onions to injury we'd be screwed, especially in ODi's. Hopefully Shazhad, Woakes, Meaker, Finn and Payne'll develop well.

Last edited:

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Mitchell Marsh is the obvious one, although he hasn't been mind blowing in the tournament. Stokes has impressed me a lot after his knock against India, I reckon he'll be in the English side soon.

And also Harry Boam.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Probably all the guys in the Aussie side could make it. The guys almost certain to would be Marsh and Hazelwood. Triffitt might struggle with the crop of keepers coming along but he might be able to do a Gilly and make the side when hes in his mid to late 20s.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
I didn't really see anyone standing up, and announcing himself for us. Let's see what they do in Domestic Cricket though. We usually don't select anyone before the age of 32 anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread