Bowling without the Marker

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Anyone else tried this? I tried it and it seems impossible to even get a realistic idea of where the ball will hit the ground (if it's going too).

I would think this would really limit the amount of wickets I can get though but I still want a realistic game. I know the trick now to bowling wickets but without the marker this is a A LOT harder. If someone has some tips on bowling without the marker that would be interesting.

ghemanth

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
failed ! no scoreboard or bowling speed bars. ball mark is still there.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
you don't need to remove it. It's in the options.
Doh. Still, trying the game without all the other indicators might be another way to help increase your inaccuracy a bit (like speed/swing, etc), rather than removing the ball indicator if it's too hard to get a handle on things without that.

If you can, try to find a compatible analogue controller, as there's a bit closer relationship between what you do there than with the keys in terms of positioning, it's easier to hold a spot.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Ya I know, I've tried.

But I wonder how to keep throwing realistically without the marker. Do certain throws usually start at certain spots? Should I bother trying to move the invisible marker? Maybe if I just nudge it forward etc.

I use a controller and I can - with full concentration - bowl a team out in 50 or so runs.

This game was best for me when I was just starting to get wickets with the bowler because it was still tough to do so.

On another note though, I had an enjoyable test match w/Australia vs Bangladesh (131 & 177 to 101 & 208/8 for me in the last session of the 2nd day). I just started using the Cricket 12 mega patch. Not many complaints, but I think it's the camera view that made me not bowl so well, but I'll get it used to that.

Users who are viewing this thread