Brag about your talents.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think that sometimes it does people some good to just straight-up brag about their talents, big themselves up, and then to read it afterwards and realise how awesome they are. So please, knock yourselves out.

Go brag.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am a very good Carrom player. Atleast I was. Haven't played in like 8-9 years. Have won multiple awards in inter school, intra school competitions. My high school had around 1900-2000 kids. And I used to beat my seniors which would piss them off.

I have a little story-

In one of the inter school semi-final match, I was leading 28 to 3. 29 was the game point. So, I became confident. Not over confident, but I was sure that I would win the match and reach the finals which was my aim. I needed only one point, so was bit relieved. So, ya it was 28 to 3. Then I lost one match. It became 28-7. Then lost another 28-9. No biggie. I still had so much lead. Then so on... 28-15. 28-16. 28-20. 28-25. This is when I started to panic. Then, I lost another match and it was 28-28. I thought he got 29 points and left my position in anger and stood up to go away. Then, the referee and the other kids who were watching us stopped me and told, it isn't over yet.

I was relieved. I shook my head and focused on the game for one final time. All the kids who were initially supporting me, now started to support him except the kids from my school ( only 3). All the other school kids supported him as he fought back strongly and moreover I was SENIOR to my opponent ( I got to know this after my game ) I was in 10th grade and he was in 9th grade. So, back to game. It was definitely the last match as both of us needed only one point to reach finals. I was pretty good initially in that final match. Got a great start. In the end, I had two pawns and he had one pawn, but it was my turn to play. I cleared one pawn which was easy, but the other one was tricky. I had to use rebound shot to clear that. I could have played dirty and mess up his pawn ( which other kids had done to me ), but I don't like to play like that.

I had practiced rebound number of times, but the pressure got to me. I didn't think much, I didn't aim. As soon as I cleared first pawn, I straight away tried my second shot and failed. The opponent cleared and won the match and game itself. I was freaking devastated. I was in such a good position, how did I lose ?

Now, I had to play another game for third place (loser of both semi-finals) which I was not interested in. But my school mates told me to play and get atleast 3rd prize for my school. I was still thinking about my last game and in no time, my opponent was leading 13-0. Then, the opponent ( who had watched my last game ) talked some sense to me and told me to take this game seriously. So, I focused and won 29-13. Ya, I didn't loose any match in between.

That was the last time I played any competitive match. I just lost all my interest after I lost that match. I still don't play. Last time I played was 2 or 3 years back with one of my younger cousin and I had kind of lost my touch.

Moral - You may be confident about yourself, but don't let that get into your head. Believe in yourself, but don't take anything lightly.

I still have too much to brag about myself, so will probably do it later :p

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I eat a lot sitting on the first bench without giving an air to the teacher. :p

I like coding in VisualBasic and am sure I'm master of it's basics. :D

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
I've got immense self-belief in myself and my abilities regardless of how good or bad they might be. I believe I can do whatever I want to as long as I put my mind to it. Among my other assets are my kick-ass playlist, a never-say-die attitude and the ability to not give a damn about other people's opinions of me and my way of life. I'm also one of the biggest nutters for cricket statistics and trivia you can find anywhere. Does that count?

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Used to play in the North West Provincial Pool Association and some social leagues. Our region decided to start their own Province, Eastern North West Pool Association. After ranking under the Top 20 in an Open (All ages) Eastern North West tournament , the North West Pool Association tried to get me back by offering me sponsorships. I unfortunately had to decline as the North West fixtures /venues where to far apart to travel for a young lad of 17 years old.
I was also captain of our Club in the Eastern North West League and we managed to finish third overall for the year. What made this experience extra special is the fact that my dad and myself played for the same club and team .I used to referee for the veterans (Eastern North West Pool Association) which my dad was part of.
The good old days, miss it sometimes :)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Used to play in the North West Provincial Pool Association and some social leagues. Our region decided to start their own Province, Eastern North West Pool Association. After ranking under the Top 20 in an Open (All ages) Eastern North West tournament , the North West Pool Association tried to get me back by offering me sponsorships. I unfortunately had to decline as the North West fixtures /venues where to far apart to travel for a young lad of 17 years old.
I was also captain of our Club in the Eastern North West League and we managed to finish third overall for the year. What made this experience extra special is the fact that my dad and myself played for the same club and team .I used to referee for the veterans (Eastern North West Pool Association) which my dad was part of.
The good old days, miss it sometimes :)
Are you talking about football?

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I used to be a decent cricketer at 15 but my father denied by my father when the call finally came for nets in the State ground. I was 16 when a GCA coach called me up and told to appear at the stadium for the tests. He was pretty sure I would be selected. I got another call when I was 18 but I had given up any hope of making a career in cricket by then.

I am a lazy person.
This reminds me a for a friend of mine who told me the other day that he wants to do some sports activity in which he doesn't have move his limbs much! Fun fact is that I went to his place to invite him play in the Sunday frisbee matches that we play in the city.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
I like coding in VisualBasic and am sure I'm master of it's basics. :D
Try C++ or some more powerful language. :p

I had a knack of trolling my school teachers without them even knowing what's going on. Those days :')

Most of my achievements have been in academics - mainly cracking JEE-Advanced and BITSAT without much effort.

Also, design stuff for my hostel or department festival.

Users who are viewing this thread