Breakthrough!! Bowling speeds

• Thread starter imported_Beckster23
  • Start date
I

imported_Beckster23

HI Guys,
I've found out a simple way to get back original bowling speeds in the world cup expansion pack!! :rolleyes: :D :D B)

Just do this -
1) Re-install Worldcup EXP Pack.
2) Copy the "Cricket2002.exe" file in the root dir (after the installation of WCEXP) and make 3 copies o fit and keep them on the desktop.
3) Open each of them in a hex editor, replace the team name and the abbr (i.e. replace SCOTLAND with Holland, namibia and canada and SCO with NAM, HOL and CAN)
4) Search for tb_sco.tga and replace it with tb_hol.tga, tb_nam.tga and tb_can.tga.
5) DO a search again for scotland. it'll take u to the uniforms ect section. Just replace scotland with hollands, namibias and canadass (exactly like that) in each of the 3 files for that country. Hit replace all. IT'll replace 7 times.
6) save the files as holland.exe, namibia.exe and canada.exe and replace the original exe files of these 3 in the root dir.
7) Start the world cup manager with ne country u liek and BINGO!! the speeds are all right!!!! B) B)

Post a reply if u have a problem (or even for appreciation!!! ;) )

Abhi

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Have downloaded one. Am attempting to make sense of it... Thanks to abhilash for finding a solution

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'll have another go later but the exe says not a valid win32 application when I try and run it. I also get a runtime error '5' if I try and run them through the pop up manager. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong,
Colin

I

imported_Beckster23

Use hackman, it's the best. Don't do a "replace all" for the first time itself. First when u search, it'll give u 8 scotlands, one like Scotland alnd all other like SCOTLAND. Next when u press F3, it'll take u to scotland in the kits section. There u do a replace all. It'll replace all 7 times. Next search for SCO and replace it with NAM, HOL or CAN. and then replace tb_sco.tga with tb_---.tga.
There's one bug though. When u start the tourney, it'll say this match at "a staduim in england". But thats all right, coz u finally play in SA.

Cheers

J

jericho007

Why don't you zip up the exe files and let us all download them.
That would make it a lot easier for those users that do not know much about hex.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Which bit of the hex coding relates to the stadium commentary and banner. Perhaps Vineet would know as he created the world cup exes with the correct info. Otherwise can abhilash just post his files on the internet or e-mail them for those of us who have probs with hex editing,
Colin

A

Admin

I will create exes for bowling that fix this problem. But you'll have to wait a few days since I'm busy with other things. Till then use the bat and bowl exes or use Abhilash's exes

I

imported_Beckster23

Where shall I put up my exes? I'll only put up holland exe, do the other 2 ur selves :)

PS - Ne thing wrong with u Abhishek??????? :huh: :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread