Tutorials: Classic Cricket Games Revival - PC

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hello everyone,
I'm doing some research to revive some old and classic cricket games to be playable perfectly on latest windows versions and so far I had alot of luck with BLC99 / SWC. I was able to play this game in 1080p on windows 10 x64 latest version with smooth graphics and no problems at all so thought I might share my experience with all of you so here's the gameplay footage from BLC99 in 1080p:
I daily upload other cricket games videos / reviews as well so you can check that out too. Thanks.

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
oh well, I guess no one into old cricket games?

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
The presentation of this game, especially the camera views were top class in BLC 99. I have this cd somewhere (I have the Swc one).

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Wonder how a current gen cricket game from codemasters would look like. Wish somebody would give tough competition to BA.

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wonder how a current gen cricket game from codemasters would look like. Wish somebody would give tough competition to BA.
Competition, really? I see the cricket22 is full of bugs YT has videos all over the place. The only game I liked is Cricket2005 from EA.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Competition, really? I see the cricket22 is full of bugs YT has videos all over the place. The only game I liked is Cricket2005 from EA.
Exactly. If somebody else comes with a great cricket simulation then BA cannot rest on their laurels. We’ll see improvements in cricket games all round.

SavageSmith

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
CSK
Profile Flag
India
BRIAN LARA '99 WIDESCREEN PATCH
Adapted the game aspect ratio for widescreen resolutions. Patching HUD for widescreen isn't possible for the time-being.​
blc99widescreen
Important : Always run from d3dhigh.exe and use dgVoodoo along as it eliminates the missing textures bug. Just download the zip file and extract D3DIMM.dll and DDRAW.dll from MS/X86 and dgVoodooCpl.exe to game directory. Open dgVoodooCpl.exe and go to DirectX. Then select your desktop resolution and click apply.
To run ReShade (Optional) - Install it in the game directory after installing dgVoodoo and rename the ReShade dll from dxgi.dll to Reshade.asi. Then download Ultimate ASI Loader and extract it to the game directory and rename it from dinput8.dll to winmm.dll. Then you are all set.

D3DHigh 2022-06-08 15-50-18.png
D3DHigh 2022-06-08 16-25-58.png
KINDLY GIVE CREDITS WHERE DUE

Attachments

• BLC99AspectRatioFix.7z
    314.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
oh well, I guess no one into old cricket games?
I still play old cricket games but on PS2 rather than computer. I play EA Cricket 2004/2005 and 2007 and Brian Lara Cricket. The batting on the 2005 game is devilishly difficult (on the console version). I've spent many hours trying to fathom out the shot timings in that game alone! My fave of that era of games is the 2007 version.

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I still play old cricket games but on PS2 rather than computer. I play EA Cricket 2004/2005 and 2007 and Brian Lara Cricket. The batting on the 2005 game is devilishly difficult (on the console version). I've spent many hours trying to fathom out the shot timings in that game alone! My fave of that era of games is the 2007 version.
I'm amazed to read that EA2007 was better than 2004, How so? I tried that game many times but the AI always goes for boundaries.

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The presentation of this game, especially the camera views were top class in BLC 99. I have this cd somewhere (I have the Swc one).
I still think IC2010 beats the heck outta every cricket game made if we talk about camera angles ONLY!

DevilzTutor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Users who are viewing this thread