bug in cricket 2004!!!!! (suprising???)

scubbasteve89

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey guys : i need your help!!!!

apart from all the small bugs in cricket 2004 (the save game, etc etc) which I have found patches for and fixed (thanks!), there is one that has only just started happening and is starting to :mad me.

ive had cricket 2004 installed on my new xp pc for about a week, and it was running fine. no problems. then, one day i go to play it...and when your in the game...everything is super speed! the players walk out on to the ground like inzamam ulhaq running to a cake stall, richie benaud dosnt even have enough time to read out the team lists, then, when batting, the bowler delivers the ball before you can hardly blink!!!!

its crazy! its as if the game just had a speed rush. but it wont stop. ive tried reinstalling the game.

has anyone got this problem? how can you fix it? what is causing this? PLEASE HELP ME!! i love this game!!!! (but bring on BLC!)

please help, your time is much appreciated.

littlegenius90

1st XI Cricketer<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I think its because of GFX card...
it did same thing on my laptop but works fine on my pc...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
!xSpeed is to high? Or are game settings low. ie: no LOD, Point texture filtering, pitch detail off, etc.

ynd69

School Cricketer
Hi, the same speed boost also occurs in my cousin's laptop...he has an ati graphics in there, i think 9000 series...strange thing is when he disconnects his power cord the game returns to normal speed, but when it is plugged and powered....it goes back to super speed...its weird...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I think cause through a battery mostly everything runs slower than with electricity flowing, it is like when u have a can of coke and a tap which pours coke. U are likely to drink more coke and faster through the tap than from the can cause u are rationalising. Comps are made to do that so battery lasts longer, while with flowing elec. they can work up to optimum effieciency and speed. Just my theory tho.......might just be a flaw in the laptop.......

scubbasteve89

School Cricketer
"Hi, the same speed boost also occurs in my cousin's laptop...he has an ati graphics in there, i think 9000 series...strange thing is when he disconnects his power cord the game returns to normal speed, but when it is plugged and powered....it goes back to super speed...its weird..." ynd69

thats it!

oppps! maybe not...disregard that last post from me...i thought i had it and i thought that was it....(idiot!) but it wasnt.

my card is an ATI too. 9100 128mb. running on a pentium m 1.6 ghz. 512 mb ram. oh, and its an asus.

i cant think of anything i installed before this happened that might of affected it......and i was using it off the power before hand and it was fine...so how its come up like this is strange.

and ive tried every graphic setting available in the game. still nuting. is there anything (program or patch) that could slow the game down?????

thanks for your help guys (im really ****ed off it dont work though!!!!!)

HEY ALL! IVE WORKED IT OUT - PROBLEM SOLVED!

Going on the theory of ynd69, (where when the cord is plugged out its slower, on his cousines laptop which has an ATI 9000 series card) made me experiment with a feature the ATI laptop cards have.

This is to choose what type of performace the laptop will be running in. (for example, when power is connected, super performance is used. when battery is connected, high performance is used).

But strangley, Cricket 2004 ran normally on SUPER PERFORMANCE, however, fast and crazy (as described in this forum) in HIGH PERFORMANCE and GAME PERFORMANCE (which is supposably better for games. ha ha!).

So if you do get this problem, make sure you check those things out. As I said, it was a bit strange that Cricket 2004 ran smoothly on SUPER. But, at least its working!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your help! I can now play Cricket 2004 again!!!!!!!! :cool:
WOOOHOOO!

Users who are viewing this thread