Bug Report Discussion

Wilburella

Banned
I came up with this list of problems.

. Far too many wides and byes from short bowling especially early on. On legendary match difficulty they are bowling a wide an over nearly from short balls. Even on a 'soft' pitch.
. AI bowl too many short balls in general especially early on.
. AI bowling accuracy is rather poor. Playing on legendary match difficulty and no consistancy whatsoever.
. Batsmen react too late to a run. Often one batsmen makes his ground while the other still has 2/3s of the pitch to go.
. Leaving short balls on the front foot looks weird. Sometimes they will duck, but other times they leave it on the front foot and get hit.
. I often go to play a pull shot but will instead end up playing a weird back foot on drive. Sometimes other shots I go to play will turn out wrong but mainly this one.
. Back foot leg glance is really hard to play. Always ends up being a pull shot.
. AI do not take enough singles.
. AI sometimes not running when hit to a deep fielder.
. Need a pitch between Grassy and Dry. Normal perhaps ?
. While chasing in ODIs, the AI field settings are pretty bad! Seems like they have 5 or so pre defined fields that frequently change in a loop almost every other ball regardless of whats happening in the game.
. AI bowling around the wicket too early/often
. Change of bowling by AI really early almost always
. First/Second slip taking some of the takes the keeper should be taking (not catches per say but just normal takes)

Wilburella

Banned
No major problems that break the game. But a few things do need tweaking a bit.
As someone whose played most cricket games since Brian Lara Cricket I hope I can be of some assistance.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Platform: PS4
Game Version: 1.05
Game Mode: Casual/Online/Tour/Competition/Academy etc.
Match Type: Five5/T20/ODI/Test
Teams used: India (Downloaded)
Ground: Any Inagme as well as Custom
Issue (one line description): Downloaded Team does not overwrite the on disk team
Bug description (detail):
I downloaded latest Team India by Llewelynf. I selected to replace and overwrite the on disk team when Academy prompted. Unfortunately it doesn't show the the latest team and lineup or Jersey. I tried deleting and re-adding team India which didn't work either. I can see the latest downloaded team and even Jersey when I select to play against India but not when I select it as my own team. On the other hand I downloaded South Africa team from Llewelynf again and that team worked fine when selecting as my own or playing against SA. Let me know if you need screencap or video of this weirdness happening or any other data.
The india team should be found somewhere in the custom teams section. Just link it to the on disk India

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@Llewelynf , is the above "solution" , something that will be eventually fixed by BigAnt (a bug?) , or do you think they have intended for it to work like this ?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@Llewelynf , is the above "solution" , something that will be eventually fixed by BigAnt (a bug?) , or do you think they have intended for it to work like this ?
I think it will be looked at. BA are working tirelessly right to make this even better. INCLUDING ONLINE ;)

I just do not think it is that game breaking right now

bsb1709

School Cricketer
I am trying to begin a new career but the pop up displays that there is no sufficient storage available and hence you cannot start a new career. The same happens when I try to start a new competition. Why is that?
P.S:- My Xbox One has 531 GB of unused space still available so why is it that it is showing insufficient storage error?

Please help. Thanks

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I am trying to begin a new career but the pop up displays that there is no sufficient storage available and hence you cannot start a new career. The same happens when I try to start a new competition. Why is that?
Xbox and Playstation both enforce limits on the amount of save data each game can use, regardless of the amount of storage space you have on the console.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The india team should be found somewhere in the custom teams section. Just link it to the on disk India

Thanks. If someone needs how to see below video

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Another call out for this - a few reports from users where pressing square to simulate forward in their career would cause a crash - I need more info to get to the bottom of this, and ideally save files from users experiencing this (unfortunately only PS4 allows copying save files to be done easily) -
If it happens each time - could you please set up a new career and then get to a point where you would press square and have that happen, then send through a copy of all your save files. See here for how to copy to a USB drive, and then most have found uploading to something like Google Drive works best.

If I can get a save in that state before it corrupts, it's very likely that it would be able to be resolved in a forthcoming update - just I need the files to figure out your exact situation as to what's causing it to occur.

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
I have seen people have simulation issues on PS4, but on my Xbox, anytime I go to advance to the next event, it crashes as soon as it gets to February 15th which means I can't progress in my career in which I have spent a lot of time on.

mazd

International Cricketer
I have seen people have simulation issues on PS4, but on my Xbox, anytime I go to advance to the next event, it crashes as soon as it gets to February 15th which means I can't progress in my career in which I have spent a lot of time on.
Same has happened with me in my Ps4. Can't seem to get ahead of a particular date (9th September, 2022 in my case).

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Is there any news on online update? It’s been a few weeks and our league is still suspended online. Would appreciate a word on this.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Same has happened with me in my Ps4. Can't seem to get ahead of a particular date (9th September, 2022 in my case).
I believe we have found that advance to next event issue, but I would be happy to get a copy of anyone's save file who is experiencing that to double check their case.

The fix (assuming it's the same case) will allow effected careers to continue after the next update, though again I'll give the general disclaimer that I cannot give any information on when updates will be released.

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
I believe we have found that advance to next event issue, but I would be happy to get a copy of anyone's save file who is experiencing that to double check their case.

The fix (assuming it's the same case) will allow effected careers to continue after the next update, though again I'll give the general disclaimer that I cannot give any information on when updates will be released.

Thanks so much! Been so engrossed in my career that I can't wait to start playing it again!

mazd

International Cricketer

You need the saved data for the career or the whole game?

Users who are viewing this thread