MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've taken a copy of the save data after downloading some teams. Would this be any use on its own or would a copy of the save data if it happens again be better? Or both.
Basically, I'd back up your save data to USB regularly, then if you get it to happen, upload the previously saved data and what you did between saving it and getting the issue. Essentially, I need to catch it before it happens, so I can find out exactly what is happening to the logo data and why.

Would need it to be the 'Profile', 'Logos' and 'Stadiums' save files, just to ensure that I can recreate your scenario.

timma

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Can you share that custom team?

I dont think so because there are no created players in the team. I created just the team with identity and kits. I believe sharing doesn’t work when the team is empty of players. Editing and Adding a team this way to career mode on DBC ‘17 worked this way no problem in career mode as it automatically generated the players.

Or maybe i’m doing something wrong....

D

Deleted member 185125

Platform: PS4
Game Version: 0.1.0.1.0369
Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: ODI
Teams used: Pakistan v New Zealand (academy downloads)
Ground: Iqbal Stadium (custom)
Over Count:
Issue (one line description): Duckworth Lewis score incorrect, possibly.
Bug description (detail):
I'm a bit reluctant to post this is as a bug but in case it is I wanted to raise it. ODI started at 50 overs per side, a rain delay reduced it to 32 per side. Then a second delay in the 28th over of the first innings saw the NZ innings close with the match reduced to 26 overs per side. They scored 194-9 in 27.5.

Now I'm sure at the start of the innings it said I had to chase 195 in my 26 overs, but in the end I only needed 142 in 26 overs. As I say I'm a bit reluctant to call it a bug because I'm not 100% on how D/L works but still, 142 in 26 overs seems a little on the low side even if power plays had been reduced.

Did you experience a mid innings/match rain during any other format apart from casual?

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont think so because there are no created players in the team. I created just the team with identity and kits. I believe sharing doesn’t work when the team is empty of players. Editing and Adding a team this way to career mode on DBC ‘17 worked this way no problem in career mode as it automatically generated the players.

Or maybe i’m doing something wrong....

How about you added random players in your team and then try adding the team to the Career mode. Does it still crash?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've only played casual so far. It has happened a couple of times; a light drizzle, cloudy skies, then they go off at some point.
Oh happy to hear that.
Variable weather conditions is beautiful to the game and natural .That is Something we missed in DBC17.

D

Deleted member 185125

I did have the settings set to 'no Rain' but I believe that issue has been fixed.
I haven't noticed it happening during Competition matches. It always been a start of the match weather delay. Cos of which I thought it was removed after the new update.

timma

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
How about you added random players in your team and then try adding the team to the Career mode. Does it still crash?

Yes it still crashes. I added 13 random players to my custom team and then went and started a new career. Selected the national team, then domestic and then into clubs and clicked on a generic club team to edit and replace with my custom team. Clicked on my custom team to add in and the game crashes. Tried 5-6 times, it still doesn’t work.

Added the latest video as proof below and a photo of the blue screen after crash. (You cant record the crash obviously, which is why i took a pic).

Im really unsure what the problem could be now. Before I did everything I mentioned above, I deleted my custom team and made a new one with no logo’s and just plain kits. I uploaded and shared my custom team on the academy incase anyone needs to check it. My Username: timothytiger

Attachments

• 0D0FE7FF-ECCF-4AF5-8396-0FF69D8AFFA3.jpeg
    0D0FE7FF-ECCF-4AF5-8396-0FF69D8AFFA3.jpeg
    897.3 KB · Views: 5

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Basically, I'd back up your save data to USB regularly, then if you get it to happen, upload the previously saved data and what you did between saving it and getting the issue. Essentially, I need to catch it before it happens, so I can find out exactly what is happening to the logo data and why.

Would need it to be the 'Profile', 'Logos' and 'Stadiums' save files, just to ensure that I can recreate your scenario.
It's happened again. I've backed up before loading and kept track of my activities this time. Unfortunately it happened after a crash of the game which has not been the case beforehand.

Backed up prior to loading the game.
Started game
Created stadium
Took a video clip
Shared video clip
Made a couple of adjustments to stadium
Shared stadium - Galle
Played ODI - Aus v Eng at Galle
Game crashed (CE-34878-0 crash at end of match this. This hasn't happened before when I've lost the logos.)
Loaded it back up and the logos were gone.

The only common factor in the last two instances has been playing a match at a stadium after creating it.

Would you like the backed up data and if yes, what's the best place to send it to?

Wilburella

Banned
I have no idea if this has been discussed or is well known or anything like that (apologies if it is) but on ps4 every now and then everything in front of the wicket goes blurry for one ball when you are facing the bowling. The crowd, bowler, field, grass, everything.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I have no idea if this has been discussed or is well known or anything like that (apologies if it is) but on ps4 every now and then everything in front of the wicket goes blurry for one ball when you are facing the bowling. The crowd, bowler, field, grass, everything.
It was there in DBC 17 as well.. You have to widen your gaze to see the blurry bowler, Sigh!!!!!!!!!!.. Same old recurring problems in a brand new game.. And it's not been spoken of as far as I have read.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Would you like the backed up data and if yes, what's the best place to send it to?
Files are a bit big to upload here, but if you put it on something like Google Drive or Dropbox and send me a link I can grab those. Thanks.

Yes it still crashes. I added 13 random players to my custom team and then went and started a new career. Selected the national team, then domestic and then into clubs and clicked on a generic club team to edit and replace with my custom team. Clicked on my custom team to add in and the game crashes. Tried 5-6 times, it still doesn’t work.
Hmm. I'll look into that further on Monday, but for now, have you tried making the edits to your custom club inside the career - rather than using the replace option? Just select the identity/uniforms options rather than copy from academy. That said, I'm not sure what's causing the issue yet, so don't know if that would resolve it.

Wilburella

Banned
Files are a bit big to upload here, but if you put it on something like Google Drive or Dropbox and send me a link I can grab those. Thanks.

Hmm. I'll look into that further on Monday, but for now, have you tried making the edits to your custom club inside the career - rather than using the replace option? Just select the identity/uniforms options rather than copy from academy. That said, I'm not sure what's causing the issue yet, so don't know if that would resolve it.

Do you know if they've fixed up the amount of wides bowled by the AI mainly from short balls ?

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Platform: PS4
Game Version: V0.1.0.1.0370 (North America version)
Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: Shorter formats (Odis & T20s)
Teams used: Multiple OOB teams (e.g., Aus, Eng, SA, Ind)
Ground: Multiple OOB stadiums (e.g. Gabba, SCG etc.)
Over Count: Non PP overs
Issue (one line description): AI using overaly aggressive fields during non-PP overs and also posting fielders 3/4th of the way to the boundary instead of right on the edge of the boundary
Bug description (detail): AI uses overly aggressive fields in shorter formats which are not realistic. E.g., AI occasionally select a ring field with all the fielders inside the fielding circle in non-PP overs despite the batting team (me) being well placed (e.g., 90 odd/1 in 11 overs). This takes away from an immersive gameplay experience and makes shorter format matches non-competitive against the AI. It would be great for AI to only select those fields which has max fielders outside the fielding circle (e.g. during PP overs select fields with 2/3 fielders out, during overs 11-40 in odis select fields with 4 fielders on the boundary and for rest of the overs in odis & T20s select fields with 5 fielders on the boundary). And having the fielders right on the boundary edge/ropes will help a lot too.
The ring field that AI selects is because it is saved as PREVENT BOUNDARIES in field type. They need to change it to maybe PREVENT SINGLES. This is why whenever you hit 2-3 boundaries the AI selects this field which completely kills immersion.

Though i agree AI field setting in general needs a lot of work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread