MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Another attempt to try and clean this forum up a bit.

Non gameplay related questions:
When is it out?
It is already released in the UK and for PS3 in Australia. Should be available for all formats in Australia on the 13th, and in India around that time too. http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2009-forum/ashes-cricket-pak-ind-54982.html - is the place to discuss getting it in India.

Will it work on my NTSC console?
If it is a PS3, yes. Otherwise you are out of luck, as far as we know it is region locked for PAL on Xbox 360. We don't know for sure on Wii yet, but don't order anything yet.

Will it work on my PC?
Probably not. System requirements are posted here, but giving the demo a go is the most accurate way of finding out, though many have had issues with the demo on computers that should be compatible.

Think that your PC should work but it doesn't? The following threads from the BLIC07 forum may help http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...a-cards-suffering-slow-performance-30946.html / http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...i-cards-suffering-slow-performance-30884.html

I can't get my gamepad to work on the PC version!
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...-ac09-century-stick-patch-download-56986.html is reported to work, but may not be perfect. The Xbox 360 Controller for Windows is the most recommended pad, and may well be the only fully supported one.

Use this thread to discuss PC gamepad issues: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...roller-support-360-degree-controls-56750.html

Gameplay:

I keep getting smashed around the park!
Light green is the sweet spot for bowling, which is more full than it should be. Having the pitch indicator light green and bowling light green on the meter will get the best results. A good tactic is to remember not to try to get a wicket on every ball, remember good cricket tactics, dot balls and variation are said to work well in the game.

Batting tips thread
Bowling tips thread

I can't catch!
When you see the ring appear around the ball and the slow-mo start, wait until the ring goes green and then hit A (360), X (PS3) or Enter (PC) to catch the ball. If you get orange, catching will depend on the player's fielding stats.

I think I've found a bug, what do I do?
Post in this thread: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...rum/ashes-cricket-2009-bugs-thread-57075.html

Can I edit the English/Australian players or add myself into their squads for the Ashes or otherwise?
For adding yourself into the squads (thanks Sureshot!):
Create yourself in the player editor, then go to squad editor and go to the Ashes squad you want to be in. Highlight a player you want to remove, click edit them, then remove player. You will now get a blank space. Click add player and it will give you a pool of England players on the right of the screen. Press right arrow on the D-pad and you will cycle through to the custom players. Then just click add.

If you can't customise the other players, then just delete and recreate them, time consuming but it works.

I can't install the patch! Help!
If you get an error about the patch not being compatible with your installed version, there are a few possibilities. If you bought the game through Steam or GamePlanet, the beta patch won't be compatible due to the differing copy protection. You should be fine with the final version of the patch, which on Steam at least should be updated for you (not sure how GamePlanet's downloads work, but in an email they said they should have the patch ready shortly after it is released).

If you did not purchase it online, then you are using a pirated copy of the game. If you downloaded a torrent of it or bought a copied disc, then you have pirated it. Once the final patch is released you will be shut out of online play, so use this time to make a legal purchase of the game and support developers who supported gamers. http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2009-forum/ashes-cricket-asia-54982.html should help most users.

If you purchased a legal copy of the game and it still does not work, then post in this thread, but if you are pirating don't bother.

(Anymore common questions? If you can write them in a Q&A style I'll put them in this post)

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Q. Can I edit the English/Australian players or add myself into their squads for the Ashes or otherwise?
Ans. No you can't.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Q. Can I edit the English/Australian players or add myself into their squads for the Ashes or otherwise?
Ans. No you can't.
I've added that in, but I'm sure it is possible, that's one of the things I saw them do at the playtest.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Q) Are there pink balls/trophies in the gam?
Ans) Yes, yes there are.

Q) Are there any punishments for quitters in Online play?
Ans) Nope

drapes12

School Cricketer
I remember in one of the interviews they said you could add yourself into the ashes action..

Sureshot

Executive member
I've added that in, but I'm sure it is possible, that's one of the things I saw them do at the playtest.

You can add yourself to Ashes squads. Create yourself in the player editor, then go to squad editor and go to the Ashes squad you want to be in. Highlight a player you want to remove, click edit them, then remove player. You will now get a blank space. Click add player and it will give you a pool of England players on the right of the screen. Press right arrow on the D-pad and you will cycle through to the custom players. Then just click add.

Golden28

Club Cricketer
I don't understand all the fuss about Anderson's pace and how it can't be edited. Whilst this is true I have just created a new Jimmy in the create player screen, made him a fast bowler and put him in all the England squads.

He's now bowling at 90mph +

Job done. And you can do this to any player you think is not up to scratch.

P

pcfan123

I don't understand all the fuss about Anderson's pace and how it can't be edited. Whilst this is true I have just created a new Jimmy in the create player screen, made him a fast bowler and put him in all the England squads.

He's now bowling at 90mph +

Job done. And you can do this to any player you think is not up to scratch.

The fuss is that we paid a lot of money for a licensed product. Jimmys speed should be correct. If it was Akhtars or Steyns (or any unlicesned players) speed then I would understand. This is unforgivable.

Also online play reverts to default speeds. It will not be fun playing as England if Jimmy and Broad are pie chuckers

omkarjere

International Cricketer
I don't know if I should post this here but I wanted to ask this question to codies that even though my system fully passes the min system req's why doesn't the demo run smoothly(even at low settings) ? Is there a solution/fix ?

I think there are more users experiencing same problem as mine. If one contacts codies plz ask this question :upray

Golden28

Club Cricketer
The fuss is that we paid a lot of money for a licensed product. Jimmys speed should be correct. If it was Akhtars or Steyns (or any unlicesned players) speed then I would understand. This is unforgivable.

Also online play reverts to default speeds. It will not be fun playing as England if Jimmy and Broad are pie chuckers

Fair play about the online stuff, I don't play online so personally couldn't care less, and yes, it should be right to begin with, but it is easily remedied by a little editing.

P

pcfan123

Fair play about the online stuff, I don't play online so personally couldn't care less, and yes, it should be right to begin with, but it is easily remedied by a little editing.

Well also account for the fact that Jamie the producer told the play testers that the speeds would be fixed and he was looking into them. Why did he have to lie , he could have just said "sorry they cannot be fixed but we have allowed for an editor"

Golden28

Club Cricketer
Well also account for the fact that Jamie the producer told the play testers that the speeds would be fixed and he was looking into them. Why did he have to lie , he could have just said "sorry they cannot be fixed but we have allowed for an editor"

This, whilst separate to my original remark, is very, very true. Point taken.

It does make you wonder what else they lied about?

Any word on a patch yet, or even a statement from said man/Transmission?

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
This, whilst separate to my original remark, is very, very true. Point taken.

It does make you wonder what else they lied about?

Any word on a patch yet, or even a statement from said man/Transmission?

I'm looking forward to a follow-up interview with them. We'll see how they squirm about the lying. Oh and it would be nice to know if a patch is in the plans. I won't buy the game unless AI pacing and runout bugs ect. can be fixed (or at least some effort goes into addressing them).

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

They certainly haven't made full use of the Ashes licence, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread