Can A Mod Close This Thread, I Am Starting A New Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
coventry20city20fc20logtw6.jpg

CLUB STATEMENT

Coventry City have revealed that the successor to Iain Dowie, will be rookie up-and-coming manager Craig Tough. The fans of Coventry City haven't really taken to this appointment to say the least, with comments sent to Sky Sports saying "Again, we have gone with inexperience." "Poor appointment." and "Here we go again.". However, some have praised the appointment and have said that Tough will be able to relate to the players, and will hopefully turn things around after 7 dismal seasons since Coventry were rellegated from the top flight in 2000.
With Tough, comes 3 backroom staff. Tim Flowers keeps his position of Goalkeeping coach, as, Tough and Flowers knew each other before hand, also former Sky Blues manager Micky Adams has left his post at Colchester United to link up as the First team coach. A lot of speculation surrounded who would be the Assistant manager with Tough, with names like Paul Ince, Steve MacCLaren and former Spurs boss Martin Jol being mentioned, but Tough has revealed that Toon legend Alan Shearer has taken the position up with open arms.
Chairman Ray Ranson and his SISU consortium has told Craig Tough that he will have access to transfer funds of around ?7million, and an extra ?4million if needed in the January transfer window. As in July he revealed that he would pump ?20million into the club as 'developments' meaning the Youth Academy and Transfers. Ranson says Tough was "The right man for the job." and that he hoped that Coventry would finish in the Top 6 this season. Many players have already been linked with a move to the Sky Blues

DUO LINKED WITH SKY BLUES​

Duo Darren Moore of Derby County and Peter Halmosi of Plymouth Argyle, have reportedly been linked to Coventry City, according to Coventry's local newspaper the Coventry Evening Telegraph. Darren Moore is playing regular football with Derby, however manager Paul Jewell believes it may be time to leave for him, as age may well soon catch up with him, Coventry had been close to penning a deal with Moore when he was at West Bromwich Albion, but Derby pounced to scupper the deal.
Peter Halmosi, the Argyle favourite, who has 17 International Hungarian appearances under his belt, wants to leave as he wants to move to 'higher levels' and has attracted interest from a couple of Premiership clubs, including Reading.

Last edited:

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Its all true to real life as well. We have been recently been taken over by Ray Ranson, and he has promised us £20mil in developments. So its a realistic as possible.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
News:

PRE SEASON FIXTURE LIST REVEALED​

14/7/07 Auchinlek A F
19/7/07 Barnet A F
23/7/07 Portadown A F
27/7/07 Nuneaton A F

STARLET THORNTON OUT FOR 2 MONTHS

20 Year Old Attacking Midfielder may miss the start of the season after suffering ankle ligament damage in training. Thornton, who was promoted from Coventry's youth academy last season, could be a big part of Coventry's season, showing great promise in the latter games of last season.

KEEPER PROMOTED
17 Year Old Australian keeper Danny Ireland has broken into Coventry's senior squad after impressing in teh pre season. The youngster said he hopes to be loaned out to gain experience, but wants to stay at the club.
QUARTET GIVEN THE ALL CLEAR​

Coventry quartet Wayne Andrews, Stuart Giddings, Chris Birchall and Robert Page all transfer listed as Manager Craig Tough believes they are not going to be able to come up to standard of Coventry's promotion push this season. Tough has revealed that a few League One clubs have enquired about those players, but nothing like a formal bid has been offered.

HALMOSI A SKY BLUE?

After much speculation, Ray Ranson, Coventry's Chairman, has revealed that Coventry have made a £450,000 bid for Plymouth's highly spoken about left winger, Peter Halmosi. Talks are ongoing, and we will bring you up to date as soon as we hear anything of this exciting enquiry.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Make better signings than Halmosi, Sepsi is much better and much cheaper. Look at my July Overwiew in my story where it has all my transfers. :p

Nice start to the story mate, can't wait till the season starts.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
I am doing it as realistically as I can. Coventry are well known for signing players who have been brought to this country by other clubs, Irishmen and Scotmen :p

covlad-99

International Cricketer
3 IN FOR GIDDINGS​

Derby County, Doncaster Rovers and Bournemouht have all enquired about Stuart Giddings. The young Left Back has been told he can leave as he is not part of Craig Tough's plans for the future. Derby County have offered ?120K for him, and Doncaster have offered ?57K plus 27YO Welsh midfielder, Stephen Roberts. Bouremouthhaven't made a bid, but have enquired about the youngster. Assistant Manager Alan Shearer told Sky Sports News that Coventry had accepted Derby's bid, but rejected Doncaster's. Gidding's said he would live a move to teh Premiership but understood he might have to wait his turn to get into the side.

HALMOSI BID REJECTED, BUT TOUGH PLANS TO GET HIS MAN​

Coventry City ?450K offer for Plymouth's Hungarian winger was yesterday, turned down. Sincethen, Coventry have risen their offer for Halmosi by ?75K to ?525K, and Coventry will be eagerly awaiting the news of the transfer.

COVENTRY EYE MAN UTD STARLET​

Coventry have reportedly put an offer in for Manchester United talented Right Back Danny Simpson. Coventry have apparently offered to loan out Simpson for the whole season. Simpson, 20, has made a name for himself in the last few FA Youth Cups playing for United and then breaking into the senior's this year.

COVENTRY ACCEPT WEDNESDAY KYLE OFFER​

Sheffield Wednesday's ?260K bid for out of favour Coventry striker Kevin Kyle has been accepted. Kyle understood that he wasn't playing to the standard Coventry need to push for promotion this year. Sheffield Wednesday were in teh race to sign Kyle from Sunderland last season, but Coventry swooped in to scupper Wednesday's deal. Manager Craig Tough said the deal should be completed within the week.

DERBY SEAL GIDDINGS SWITCH​

Derby County's manager Paul Jewell expressed his delight at signing young Coventry prospect tuart Giddings, in a deal reported to be worth ?120K. Derby easily fought off competition from Doncaster Rovers and Bournemouth to take the youngster in with open arms. Giddings, a former England U19 International, expressed his diappointment in having to leave his home club, bt relished a move to the Premiership. Fans praised the move as great vision from Paul Jewell, and were optimistic about their season in teh Premiership after a surprise promotion last season.

HALMOSI SECOND OFFER REJECTED​

Coventry City's second offer of ?525K for Peter Halmosi of Plymouth Argyle has been again, rejected. Craig Tough, Coventry's boss, said he plans to make one last offer of ?625K non-negotiable. And if this is also rejected, he plans to move onto one of his other targets. Various names have been circulating in the papers, including players like Darren Moore of Derby, Jon Stead of Sheffield United and Dean Hammond of Brighton and Hove Albion, but Assistant, Shearer insists Coventry do not plan to bring in any more strikers. However he did reveal that the midfield needs strengthening, be it loan, or permanent signings.

Last edited:

covlad-99

International Cricketer
14/7/07

In today's game, we played non-league side Auchinlek. Before the game I expected to win the game obviously, but the main thing was to get the player's fitness levels up for the start of the league season. I hoped we would win 4 or 5 nil.

So, now just to update you about who has come and gone this week. Stuart Giddings has left to join Derby, so obviously won't be taking part today, and that was teh first signing of teh transfer window by any club. Kevin Kyle'sbid from Sheffield Wednesay has been accepted but the deal hasn't gone throug yet, so he plays.

n today's fixture, I reckon the fans who have travelled over in their 10s (:p) would have liked to so fast and free flowing football. One-twos and all that. And I told the lads, this is what I expected from the players today.
Now to the team news. In the starting XI I decided to go pretty much full strength in order to give everyone minutes on the pitch. Three players were left out, young Kevin Thornton, as he has ankle ligament damage, 18 year old Donovan Simmonds who also has ankle ligament damage, and DImi Konstantopoulos, as I decided to bring in young keeper Danny Ireland for his first senior game for the club, and second keeper was Andy Marshall, who is our number 1, so there was no need for another.
Here was the starting XI:

--------------------------Ireland
McNamee---de Zeeuw(c)---Ward---Borrowdale
Cairo-------S.Hughes-------M.Doyle----Tabb
--------------------Mifsud
-------------------------------------Adebola

Subs (12): Best, Davis, Hawkins, Osbourne, Kyle, Gray, R.Simpson, Marshall (K), Turner, McKenzie, Hall, M.Hughes

Me and the lads arrived at Auchinlek's ground, Beechwood Park. We got out and walked into the Clubhouse and in to their away dressing. I have to say, its not what we're used to! Spiders crawling in the corners, empty crisp packets on the floor and empty Lucozade bottles! I gave the lads a chat about the game ahead, about tactics and what I expected of each player, and who to look out for if anyone. And then we went outside and took our positions on the muddy but dry pitch.

A usual Coventry start, very shakey, conceding a rnerearly on, Auchilek playing with spirit, a bit like Havant and Waterlooville :p. But once we got the ball on the floor, we were knocking it about nicely. A few chanes in thefirst quarter of an hour, the best of wich beng a run from Maltese pace striker Michael Mifsud down the left. who put a ball in to Adebola, who struck over. In the 17th minute, we got the breakthrough. A very nice move fm the middle of the park, Mifsud to Adebola, and within a touch, Adeola put a delightful through ball into vice captain Michael Doyle, who had a couple of touches, and stroked it into the back of the net. I applauded the goal. Hut kept a stern poker face, a lot like Roy Keane. And less than a minute later, Jay Tabb ran down the left an whipped a corker of a cross in, which Mifsud controlled and then unleashed the shot from 12 yards, but was palmed away by the keeper, and at the other end, Auchinlek winger Dean Calderwod went on a mazy run, only to fluff the shot. On 30 mins, A Coventry goal kick from rookie Danny Ireland, resulted in a knock down from Michael Doyle to Adebola, who struck a superb swirling shot, but it was dramatically saved by the Auchinlek keeper. Seconds later, a Mifsud shot was deflected into the path of Adebola, who made no mistake. 2-0. After the goal, captain Arjan de Zeeuw limped off and was replaced by young Coventry defender Ben Turner. Just before Half Time, Michael Doyle went in late on an Auchinlek midfielder, and recieved a yellow card for his troubles. I shouted at him to tone it down a bit.
At half time I was satisfied with the performance. The team looked well-drilled, and each player was doing exactly what I asked of them, so I told them "More of the same please lads!" They had their oranges and I told them what changes I was going to make. Leon Best came on for Mifsud, Marcus Hall on for Borrowdale, Robbie Simpson on for Jay Tabb, Leon McKenzie on for Ellery Cairo, Michael Hughes on for Stephen Hughes, Isaac Osbourne on for Michael Doyle, Colin Hawkins on for Elliott Ward, Liam Davis on for David McNamee and Kevin Kyle on for Dele Adebola. So a full change bar the keeper. I hoped the players I put on would work a shift too.
At the start of teh second half, Campbell of Auchinlek was booked for unsporting behaviour after he was seen giving Isaac Osbourne a mouthfull. The first chance of the half came on 62 minutes when Marcus Hall swung a ball in from the left, but it illuded every player in the box. On 74 minutes, Michael Hughes put a through ball into Robbie Simpson, who's shot was tipped over for a corner. On 79 mins, Michael Hughes put a fantastic visionary pass through to Leon McKenzie who shot into teh top corner. 3-0. Then I started to smile again. And just 5 minutes later, a dodgy backpass from an Auchinlek defender, resulted in the keeper being rushed, and he messed up the clearance, and it went straight to McKenzie who put it away for his second. An that was the last noteable action of the match. Job Well done in my opinion!
After teh game, I met up with the players for the post match team talk, and expressed my delight at seeing the job done well. I was happy that we had a good first game in charge, and Alan (Shearer) planned to meet up with me later that evening back at Coventry for a celebratory drink on him.

Auchinlek 0 - 4 Coventry
Adebola, Doyle, McKenzie (2)

Ireland-7
McNamee-7
Borrowdale-7
Ward-7
de Zeeuw-7
Cairo-7
S.Hughes-7
Tabb-7
M.Doyle-8
Mifsud-7
Adebola-8
-----------
Best-7
Davis-7
Hawkins-7
Osbourne-7
Kyle-7
Gray-Unused Sub
R.Simpson-7
Marshall-Unused Sub
Turner-7
McKenzie-8
Hall-7
M.Hughes-7

Man of the Match was Leon McKenzie

covlad-99

International Cricketer
MAN UTD AGREE SIMPSON LOAN SWITCH​

Manchester United have accepted Coventry City's loan deal for 20 year old talented right back Danny Simpson. The deal will see Simpson stay with the Sky Blues all season. Manager Tough is 'delighted' with teh switch and believes Simpson was definately the right man he wanted for the position. The deal is soon to be finalised.

Last edited:

covlad-99

International Cricketer
PLYMOUTH REJECT AGAIN AS COVENTRY GIVE UP

Plymouth Argyle manager Paul Sturrock today revealed that he has rejected a third offer from Coventry City for their winger, Peter Halmosi, and confirms that Coventry have withdrawn interest in the winger.
Manager Craig Tough said "He was not worth more than the amount I last offered, and there was no point in going any higher." But Tough has reportedly been heard talking to Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Mick McCarthy in an enquiry about attacking Irish midfielder Andy Keogh. Keogh, 20, has recently been voted 'Best Player in the Championship' in a monthly survey, and fans are expressing delight following news of a possible offer.

COVENTRY BID FOR KEOGH​

Coventry City chairman Ray Ranson revealed that Coventry have made an offer for Wolves midfielder Andy Keogh. Ranson revealed that an offer of £800K had been offered. anson also revealed that he has asked manager Craig Tough to try and get Keogh whatever it takes 'within reason'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread