Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Diving back into career mode as my love/hate relationship with C22 continues. Really enjoyed the Big Bash season (my first), weird thing happened though as I was made captain with about four regular season games to go (after I made 120 odd). I had a good season averaging 45 with the bat but its a bit weird to hand me the keys so early lol

View attachment 261761 View attachment 261760

A few glaring errors though in the BBL:
- DRS - shouldn't be there.
- No option to select powerplay in the second ten overs.
- When bowling, when opposition use their pp, I can still have five guys out for some reason.

Another thing I like, only just noticed, is the varied ground shapes, which was something quite a few wanted toward the end of C19's life.

View attachment 261764
powerplay is there -- up on d-pad at beginning of an over - triangle

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I have decided to treat my team no longer are our games at Barnet or Ilford but Dubai and Trinidad. We are clocking up the miles really if this was a serious game you shouldn't be able to do this.The collision detection of the player you are controlling is more or less non existant same as the previous games all this breaks up the immersion.

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Well said , attention to detail on career mode is terrible, some features not working, some just wrong or badly implemented like the same coach for every team , but then again if the game play keeps improving we do have a basis of a decent game.

I actually have a different coach for national teams now - a blonde guy with a different voice. Says the same things though like "Im very disappointed in you" when we've won every match - which is unfortunate.

Does anyone else have the situation where the ground announcer always says that the losing team is the winner of the match? I've had ridiculous statements where the announcer has said "Australia has fallen short by none runs", or something of that nature?

I'm on Xbox Series X, by the way.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I actually have a different coach for national teams now - a blonde guy with a different voice. Says the same things though like "Im very disappointed in you" when we've won every match - which is unfortunate.

Does anyone else have the situation where the ground announcer always says that the losing team is the winner of the match? I've had ridiculous statements where the announcer has said "Australia has fallen short by none runs", or something of that nature?

I'm on Xbox Series X, by the way.
The commentators used to say the same on C19 that the other team had won when I did or that it was an easy win when the game was won of the last ball, so I've turned commentators off on C22 although I haven't noticed the announcer get it wrong but then again the end of a game is such a anti climax that it just ends.
Diving back into career mode as my love/hate relationship with C22 continues. Really enjoyed the Big Bash season (my first), weird thing happened though as I was made captain with about four regular season games to go (after I made 120 odd). I had a good season averaging 45 with the bat but its a bit weird to hand me the keys so early lol

View attachment 261761 View attachment 261760

A few glaring errors though in the BBL:
- DRS - shouldn't be there.
- No option to select powerplay in the second ten overs.
- When bowling, when opposition use their pp, I can still have five guys out for some reason.

Another thing I like, only just noticed, is the varied ground shapes, which was something quite a few wanted toward the end of C19's life.

View attachment 261764
I remember getting the armband when I got called up for my first IPL in C19 which was a shock and my selection diff was set to normal, guess if that's increased you have to wait longer to be the captain.

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Capture25.PNG

Graphically the game is great. Gameplay-wise not so much.
All my ramp shots are going above the slips :(

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
My previous Career Mode corrupted at the start of the second season. I’ve decided to risk a new one as a made up player in a different country. Will see what happens and whether I’m wasting my time!

I’m playing as an off-spinner on Hard and either bowl Good or Weak deliveries. I stop the line too early or it just goes all the way to the top. The green is so narrow! Got robbed of my first wicket via poor LBW decision but despite being a bowler who struggles with power hitting, I managed to hit a couple of sixes on debut!

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Game crashed before I could even get to that screen guess its my fault for taking the squad for the season finale to the custom made kingsmeade

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Game crashed before I could even get to that screen guess its my fault for taking the squad for the season finale to the custom made kingsmeade
Same here since new patch my career mode crashes after every game , the only way to get to career player screen from match final summary screen is to hit simulate button , and that double counted my 50s / 100s etc so basically blew my career player stats ! Have raised another ticket

stanchez47

Little Timmy
Career mode update after last patch -

1. Had my first sponsor, says it boost my stats but no way to see how.
2. They added a circle around your player rating - great job!
3. I am captain but now cant select the team, cannot change it in the normal front screen or in the match screen.
4. Had my first press conference in a while. Some cracking questions-
- How does it feel to get your best bowling figures? I didnt champ.
- India were too good for you today.........? No we beat them idiot.
- You performed well with both bat and ball..........? I didnt bat clown!!! OK interviews OVER!!!! I storm out in my NSW gear......(While playing for Australia)

This game is a mess!!!! But that circle around my rating turns it all around.

stanchez47

Little Timmy
- How does it feel to get your best bowling figures? I didnt champ.

Would be hilarious if we could champ up the press lol.

Just driving me nuts! Had another press conference and they started asking me about if I was worried we would get knocked out of the competition. We had just beaten 3-0 in India in a test series.

Also someone asked me if I had some plans cooking up? Yes, yes I do! I'm working with Bajo to make commercials for a game with an "immersive career mode"..................

knockedin

Club Captain
Do we know if they are going to add dynamic lineups to career mode? Currently it is just if there is a clash for players in international sides. I am in my 4th season of career mode and teams will still play 50 overall 40 year olds who haven't retired simply because they were in the original lineup.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do we know if they are going to add dynamic lineups to career mode? Currently it is just if there is a clash for players in international sides. I am in my 4th season of career mode and teams will still play 50 overall 40 year olds who haven't retired simply because they were in the original lineup.
I'm loving the fact that dynamic lineups are not really a thing in career mode this time around, so personally hope they don't add it. If you want a work around you can of course change different teams lineups in the academy before you start your career, just move any players mid 30's and above out of the starting XI's. Although retirements should definitely be a feature, they were there for sure in Ashes Cricket and you would even get a notification about a player retiring, since C19 it seems it has been missing though.

knockedin

Club Captain
I'm loving the fact that dynamic lineups are not really a thing in career mode this time around, so personally hope they don't add it. If you want a work around you can of course change different teams lineups in the academy before you start your career, just move any players mid 30's and above out of the starting XI's. Although retirements should definitely be a feature, they were there for sure in Ashes Cricket and you would even get a notification about a player retiring, since C19 it seems it has been missing though.
I can live with fixed lineups if the skills are also fixed. If it takes 4 season's to make your international side, it is highly likely you will play against 3-4 <60 rated players.

Users who are viewing this thread