Caribbean Premier League - General Discussion

Which team do You support?

• Total voters

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Six matches thus far. Today is an unofficial "rest" day for the tournament. So far, all matches played in Tarouba on the same pitch. I must say that the pitch has held up quite well despite the rains. There have been a few weather systems passing over Trinidad recently, and it shows. But the Brian Lara ground does have decent drainage, and when the teams get to the Queen's Park Oval...I firmly believe that the Oval has the best drainage of any ground in the Caribbean.

The standard and quality of the cricket? Eh...so-so. Can't call it top-class, but can't call it terrible either. Last night's match saw Fidel Edwards bowling just like he used to, and it was a good thing to see. Sunil Narine has improved his batting a lot, but he's still prone to wild swipes that make him look like the tail ender that he is, instead of the opening batsman that he's supposed to pretend to be.

Chris Lynn needs a barber ASAP. Ish Sodhi has a mustache that David Boon and Merv Hughes would be jealous of. Hetmeyer has put on a few pounds, but that doesn't mean a thing when you can batter the ball all over the park.

Ali Khan still gets my girlfriend thinking things before I remind her that she actually has a boyfriend in me. I don't think Da Silva should have been dropped after one match. He's young, fit, and can be an anchor while other players bat around him. Plus he's from my hometown, went to my high school, and he's damn talented. (And he officially has a Test match catch despite not actually having played a Test match.)

I think this CPL is going to showcase some of the younger players, and I want that. We have a bunch of talent, and it needs to be seen.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Narine has just been a one man army.

Also, the Rashid Khan shot for six!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Okay so first things first, how on earth can the Tallawahs be managed that badly that Andre Russell can come off that well but they still fall comfortably short of a chase of 119?

And secondly - I can't believe that Naveen ul-Haq has managed to play professional cricket with this bowling action

upload_2020-8-23_0-56-25.png

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Okay so first things first, how on earth can the Tallawahs be managed that badly that Andre Russell can come off that well but they still fall comfortably short of a chase of 119?

And secondly - I can't believe that Naveen ul-Haq has managed to play professional cricket with this bowling action

View attachment 236945
It reminds me of Jimmy Anderson.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
It reminds me of Jimmy Anderson.
Jimmy Anderson but with a whole lot of elbow flex.

The real concern though is that he has opposing tortion forces going through his spine and core; if he keeps doing that then I can't see him going more than a few years before falling out of the game. Good on him for getting these kinds of pay days in

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

View attachment 236945
That bend in the arm does remind me of Al Amin Hossain...

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
That was a poor tournament for the Mumbai Indians. Even Malinga was smashed by Umar Akmal in that match.
Didn’t they end up winning it tho?

Users who are viewing this thread