Catching ?

There seems to be little point to the catching mechanism. Even the hardest catches are easy using it, however its still a dice roll whether or not a catch is made once everything is lined up correctly.

Essentially it seems to be a lame attempt at copying MLB 16 The Show's fielding mechanism, where you have to line up your target/the ball in a given time, depending on the difficulty of the catch, speed of the runner, positioning of the player and attributes of the fielder.

sweet magee

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's still driving me mad on Xbox - I've genuinely just put five chances down in the first two overs I've played since the patch. Definitely all air balls / genuine chances. I move the target to the ball, it goes green, I press A and nothing happens. Really doesn't seem to work - tried without A and no difference. Mind you, if I was able to catch the AI opposition would be getting skittled for stupidly low scores every time.

max8619

School Cricketer
I have it on PS4 and every time I catch the ball it doesn't count. Green marker lined up etc, catch is usually actually taken, just not given. Makes the game totally unplayable because you just can't take any wickets without catching. Am I the only one with this problem???

Gunslinger

Club Cricketer
No. I've had the same experience, on PS4. Fielding in general needs work. See what patch 3 brings...

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I have it on PS4 and every time I catch the ball it doesn't count. Green marker lined up etc, catch is usually actually taken, just not given. Makes the game totally unplayable because you just can't take any wickets without catching. Am I the only one with this problem???
you do know the green marker slow mo thingy comes up for reflex fielding not just catching.....so they may not be catches....

samjewels

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
you do know the green marker slow mo thingy comes up for reflex fielding not just catching.....so they may not be catches....

Yeah I was just about to say the same thing. A couple of times I have thought I took legitimate catches using the reflect fielding and then went on to replay and realised it was actually a bump ball/not quite carried! It is confusing that it comes up for both though but never mind!

EvolvedKiwi

Club Cricketer
Is there a way to initiate catching when you're the bowler?

Im finding that when bowling any ball hit back at me either straight or either side the bowler just stands there and does not react, i've had many hit back at me that aren't bump balls but i cannot get any reaction towards it.

What am i doing wrong?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Is there a way to initiate catching when you're the bowler?

Im finding that when bowling any ball hit back at me either straight or either side the bowler just stands there and does not react, i've had many hit back at me that aren't bump balls but i cannot get any reaction towards it.

What am i doing wrong?
you are doing nothing wrong, people complained about superhuman bowler fielding, this is the "fix" -- I think they overdid it and i hear the PC has already been fixed, they get the catching/fielding mini game again after a recent patch.

Zaneo

Club Captain
you are doing nothing wrong, people complained about superhuman bowler fielding, this is the "fix" -- I think they overdid it and i hear the PC has already been fixed, they get the catching/fielding mini game again after a recent patch.
Ive noticed prior to patch this was a problem but over time increased fielding ability and mini game got easier now post patch same player no mini game and doesn't attempt to field

Moon2712

School Cricketer
I've got the same problem my bowler is a leg spinner and ball just constantly rolls past his feet. So now since the patch no reflex fielding off my own bowling?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've got the same problem my bowler is a leg spinner and ball just constantly rolls past his feet. So now since the patch no reflex fielding off my own bowling?
I have had some caught and bowled since patch 3 but i cannot remember if they were reflex catches

subhratanu1994

School Cricketer
Sorry, but there is no way I am understanding this slow motion catching/fielding mini game. When the circle comes in slow motion, i try everything.... I move the left stick, right stick towards the target, press a, x and what not. But everytime the circle moves so slowly that the catch opportunity goes down the drain. Can someone please tell me step by step how to catch in slow motion? I will really be grateful.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sorry, but there is no way I am understanding this slow motion catching/fielding mini game. When the circle comes in slow motion, i try everything.... I move the left stick, right stick towards the target, press a, x and what not. But everytime the circle moves so slowly that the catch opportunity goes down the drain. Can someone please tell me step by step how to catch in slow motion? I will really be grateful.

If it's your career mode, investing points in your fielding/catching skills will improve the speed of the marker. Sometimes though, the ball is just too far away so that can't be helped. Basically you press X on PS4 (or A on Xbox) the moment it is lined up and the circle glows green. That's as simple as I can explain.

Users who are viewing this thread