Champions League/European Competition Thread

Epic

Panel of Selectors
4-4-2 again and another poor result in Europe, when will we learn, Pellegrini in a world of trouble right now.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
FCB 7-1 AS Roma :/ Well fearsome tweak this group City still have a chance

Epic

Panel of Selectors
A chance, but not much of one, Bayern were expected to win this game, not 7-1, but with Pellegrini's stubborn love for 4-4-2, Roma will beat us in Rome, that is if we aren't already eliminated in the 2 upcoming games vs CSKA and Bayern at home.

Bayern tho, to those that believe Pep took Bayern backwards with tiki-taka, well this isn't tiki-taka, German counter-pressing more like.

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
On 2nd thought, if Bayern win vs Roma in the return leg, they're through knowing they'll finish 1st, so they could put out a B team of sorts vs us like they did in 11-12, but as things stand we need 6 points from somewhere and I just can't see us getting it.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Liverpool getting smashed by Madrid.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Coutinho and sterling has been the only positives in that half for us. Ballotelli is so lazy.

Lee1981

International Coach
I'm so glad Liverpool bought Balotelli

The club I dislike the most have bought a lazy, over rated piece of crap and I'm loving every second of him being back.

Well done Rogers :thumbs

(Pretty sure I wrote in one of the football threads earlier in the season Balotelli would destroy their season, right again.. ... Standard.)

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Terminate tweaking Origi' contract with Lille, he is double, i mean a million times the player Ballo is, and I just love the footballers Belgium produce.[DOUBLEPOST=1414013196][/DOUBLEPOST]

The club I dislike the most have bought a lazy, over rated piece of crap and I'm loving every second of him being back.

(Pretty sure I wrote in one of the football threads earlier in the season Balotelli would destroy their season, right again.. ... Standard.)
I always disagreed with your harsh reaction to Liverpool, but for this I can't agree more.[DOUBLEPOST=1414013270][/DOUBLEPOST]Coutinho, Sterling and Can are like the only players who are still alive for Liverpool. Can played great today after he came on.

Epic

Panel of Selectors

You also wrote these things... :p

Funny enough Costa reminds me of few other forwards we have had

Sutton
Kezman
Torres

Just to name a few

Costa is massively overrated another striker failure looms for us.

My nan is faster than him for f sake..:facepalm
I've seen a bit of him.

Not loads no, around 10-12 games.

He does not excite me at all, don't get me wrong there is not a lot of choice in strikers available but Costa is gonna flop I think
Again watching Costa play has me really concerned at his arrival at chelsea.

Gonna be an epic fail. :facepalm

Last edited:

Lee1981

International Coach
You also wrote these things... :p
I can't believe your sad enough to actually look through my posts to find stuff to try and large it about

Yes Costa has got off to a great start, so did Michu at Swansea and look how that turned out, apparently all the big boys were sniffing about him, not anymore, a player needs 2 seasons of high performance to be judged, I've lost count on all the one season wonders there has been, not saying Costa will be that, he so far seems to have "it".

I had hardly watched costa play until the World Cup and let's be honest he was absolute crap, so seeing him start so well was a big shock based on the amount of times I'd seen him play before this season.

Where's Balotelli I've seen play on numerous occasions and he is still the same waste of space I've saw 4/5 years ago, and I'm so glad Liverpool have wasted that money on him, couldn't happen to a more crappy club

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I can't believe your sad enough to actually look through my posts to find stuff to try and large it about

Yes Costa has got off to a great start, so did Michu at Swansea and look how that turned out, apparently all the big boys were sniffing about him, not anymore, a player needs 2 seasons of high performance to be judged, I've lost count on all the one season wonders there has been, not saying Costa will be that, he so far seems to have "it".

I had hardly watched costa play until the World Cup and let's be honest he was absolute crap, so seeing him start so well was a big shock based on the amount of times I'd seen him play before this season.

Where's Balotelli I've seen play on numerous occasions and he is still the same waste of space I've saw 4/5 years ago, and I'm so glad Liverpool have wasted that money on him, couldn't happen to a more crappy club
Lol, I just remembered (like you remembered predicting Mario would fail) how you dogged on Costa the whole summer and did a quick search with the keyword Costa and your username, really doesn't take much time... Costa hasn't been 100% since the end of last season, he wasn't 100% at the WC, he isn't 100% now, but the difference is Chelsea suit his style and Spain don't, as long he gets 100% and stays clear of any long term injuries, he will not be a 1 season wonder (in the PL).

Mario is not the reason Pool have completely lost their identity, it's Rodgers thinking he can bring in Lallana, Lovren, Markovic, Balotelli, Moreno, Can, Lambert and Manquillo in 1 window while still retaining his counter-pressing style, this was always bound to happen, the new players have absolutely no understanding with the old players and vice versa, it's going to take months to get this team back to the level it was at last season and media pressure coupled with the fact that there's games every 3 days (unlike last season) is not going to help, this is what preseason is for, do your business early in the window and put it to tweaking use next time. :facepalm

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
give don his props here, he said that he thought liverpool would do exactly as tottenham did last year. spend the huge windfall from their one world class player that was winning games single handedly on a load of average tosh and plummet down the league.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Have they really "plummeted down the league" tho, they're sitting at 5th as of right now having played poorly in every game except 1 vs Spurs (the 1 game Sturridge & Mario played together), ahead of United, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
give don his props here, he said that he thought liverpool would do exactly as tottenham did last year. spend the huge windfall from their one world class player that was winning games single handedly on a load of average tosh and plummet down the league.
I won't say we are Spurs v2 though. We are looking much more stable than Spurs did last season. Yes we have lost 1 or 2 silly games, but most of it was due to really bad defensive and goal keeping mistakes. I think Balo should also not be blamed, he hasn't been fed the right balls in and is often taken to the wings.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Nonsense. We are significantly worse than Spurs. They had 20 points from their first 10 league games last season. Not to mention they lost Bale and only finished 3 points shy to their 2012-13 points tally. We can only dream we "do a Spurs" this year.

Maybe Sturridge coming back from his stupid injury could help us achieve what Spurs did last year, but I think it's clear as daylight for everyone to see it was Suarez and Sturridge, and not Rodgers who carried us single handedly last year.

Users who are viewing this thread