Champions League Final - Chennai Super Kings vs Warriors @ Jo'burg

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
22 off 25 balls to win. Without any risks, Chennai have put themselves in this position. A very Aussie way of going about things from Chennai today. Bowl superbly and restrict the opposition to a below par score, and then bat risk-free to canter to victory. I hope they lose no more wickets and finish this.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Congrats to CSK and their fans. Well done, great tournament from them, with only a minor lapse in that super over against Victoria.

Dhoni has wins in the WorldT20, IPL and CL as captain now, and he reached the finals of all 3 of those tournaments on debut as well. WAG.

Joginder Sharma also has a World T20 and CL win. Madness.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
"Chennaikku oru periya whistle podu macha....."

Authentic win from Chennai:clap:clap:clap

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I told you, I told you! Chennai's hard work has been well rewarded. Hussey's cool gameplay, Vijay's stylish gameplay, Raina's explosive gameplay, Dhoni's cunning tactics, Ashwin-Murali's exceptional spin, Bollinger's excellent pace along with handy Morkel - all went hand in hand for the greatest team work of recent times. Not to forget Kemp who had some exceptional catches that gave CSK, an entry in semis.

Well done, Chennai! You clearly deserve this win :banana2 All fire crackers here as well [in midnight] despite the slight rain. :D

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well deserved victory for CSK. :happy

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
The worst part of this is not that an IPL team won the CL but that team will never be the same again. They can't come back and defend their trophy, cos it won't be the same team playing again next time. Dissapointing.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
The worst part of this is not that an IPL team won the CL but that team will never be the same again. They can't come back and defend their trophy, cos it won't be the same team playing again next time. Dissapointing.

This is a very good team and it will be dissappointing that most of them are not going to play in the same team together again. This business thing is not correct.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Kudos, HATS OFF REALLY!!!!:hpraise:hpraise What a team! Luck favors the brave, and Dhoni has been really brave and he deserves all the luck he gets. The team combined superbly, and its just so disappointing that they will be seperated from here. With the exception of Dhoni (and to an extent, RAINA), I dont see anyone else retained through the 'retain 4 players for a steep price' policy thats been implemented. Hope now with the auctions, we pick even more better value bowlers and batsmen and strengthen our team. Hope the emphasis on quality goes up now that we are world champions in T20 domestic cricket.

Ashwin has been a major star for us. He is knocking now constantly at national doors and now Dhoni has to translate the faith he has in Ashwin when they are Chennai mates, to now when they might be India mates. His carrom ball is very good, and he is a very intelligent bowler. He did well in the one game he played for India (against Zim, I think). Vijay with the golden bat, Ashwin with the golden wicket, Chennai with the IPL trophy and the Champions league trophy. CAN I ASK FOR MORE??? Amazing year.

Vilander

School Cricketer
A fine team really, gun indian players Dhoni/Raina, 3 great players one being the coach now making up for not having an indian great in the team like the other IPL teams,a few very very good internationals Hussy,Dougie,Albie,Kemp and importantly local players who have grown quickly Vijay,Badri,Anirudh,Ashwin,Bala..good stuff. Almost sad that they will be seperated..

Thanks for the good memories guys..:hpraise:hpraise

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Great victory for Chennai. They can enjoy it at the moment, because things could different in the upcoming years.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well played CSK, the dreamteam finally came to the party. Let's see if they can actually make it back to the tournament to defend their title now.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Great victory for Chennai. They can enjoy it at the moment, because things could different in the upcoming years.

Hoping that the CSK management manage to beat the other teams and manage to retain the key players as much as possible. Now that we are the champions in CLT20, these players will be in high demand during the upcoming auction and CSK have to hope they have the money to outbid others.

I want Dhoni, Raina, Vijay and Ashwin in CSK. The rest dont mind who gets in.

Vilander

School Cricketer
I want Dhoni, Raina, Vijay and Ashwin in CSK. The rest dont mind who gets in.

Sai seriously man, Albie,Dougie and Murali are important and special. Hussey is a very good solid bat, but probably some other fine englishman,Safer or a srilankan can also do it, say Mahela or Collingwood probably since we might not be able to get Sanga for instance. But Albie, you either get Kallis from RCB by drugging Mallya,his son and all his staff the day before the auctions or Freddy comes out of retirement after toothfairy heals his knee while he was asleep, to replicate what Albie has done for chennai. Murali, there is only one of him, no man on the planet can wear a jercy with the number 800 on it and have a meaning behind it. Dougie probably easier to replace, but his impact for chennai has not been replicated by even someone like Steyn for a Bangalore, probably SlingaMalinga comes close but both should be out of reach for chennai. So i dont know, Chennai has all to loose, now even Vijay and Ashwin might go under the hammer..thats a diff story. Pthrfff bl%%dy IPL reauction my ar$# :facepalm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread