Champions League Final - Chennai Super Kings vs Warriors @ Jo'burg

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hoping that the CSK management manage to beat the other teams and manage to retain the key players as much as possible. Now that we are the champions in CLT20, these players will be in high demand during the upcoming auction and CSK have to hope they have the money to outbid others.

I want Dhoni, Raina, Vijay and Ashwin in CSK. The rest dont mind who gets in.

I am not sure, but I thought the current IPL teams could retain 4 players with a maximum of 3 Indian players. So that means one of the four Indian players you mentioned will be auctioned again.

I would say that Dhoni and Raina will surely be retained. The most valuable foreign player for Chennai is from my point of view Albie Morkel. During the years he has shown his worth for Chennai.

Hayden, Mike Hussey, Bollinger and Muralitharan made worthy contributions in previous IPL's, but Albie Morkel can provide batting and bowling options, so I would say that Chennai should retain him. If they won't retain him, they should try their best to choose him in the auction.

P

pcfan123

Albie Morkel might be worth retaining. He has played more 2020s than anyone else, seems to be specializing in that format at both levels. Doubt he will make the Test team either

Vilander

School Cricketer
pls bring the Pak players back in and the new franchises can get them all, good deal they get very fine t20 players and the other team dont loose theirs. :D

Vilander added 14 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Prediction:

Chennai to win comfortably, anti-climax of a final.

hmm :spy

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mark has been on the money as far as predicting for Chennai is concerned. Good work Mark!:clap

Hayden wont be retained for sure. The way he didnt play much of this tournament says he is not needed as much as before. If at all someone from foreign is retained, its either Murali or Bollinger. Also I think Chennai will retain only 2 players (Dhoni and Raina) because it will cost them $5.5 million if they retain 4 players as opposed to $4.1 million if they retain only Dhoni and Raina. They can then try to win back some of the players through auction (e.g. Vijay, Ashwin, Murali, Bollinger, etc). Balaji, Aniruddha will be retained due to TN & Railways quota.

Lets see what happens at the auction.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Oh sweet, totally forgot about the TN quota. So Badri, Ashwin, Vijay, Mukund etc might still stay with CSK.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Excellent win for the CSK. Brilliant captaincy by Dhoni combined with mindblowing performances from Raina, Vijay and Ashwin. Deserves to win!!

Varun added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Memories by David Guetta?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Oh sweet, totally forgot about the TN quota. So Badri, Ashwin, Vijay, Mukund etc might still stay with CSK.

Dont know if Vijay and Ashwin still fall under that quota. They are India contracted players. If not, why wasnt Dinesh Karthik snapped up by Chennai when the first IPL auction happened? He was of good value then (he had led TN to a domestic T20 title win). KKD was an India international then and so he went into the auction.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
^yeah I also agree with that, I think both of them will go under the hammer.

And according to News, Mumbai will be the team retaining highest number of players.

I think they are retaining all three Indians(Zak, Tendu, Bhajji) with an international probabaly Pollard.:p

shripathee

School Cricketer
I just dont understand how people from other cities are going to accept Vijay and Ashwin. The moment they see either one of them their first reaction is- "He is the guy from Chennai". The two players will feel even worse. The IPL is business, not cricket. These business people dont understand team loyalty. I dont think an IPL team will win the CLT20 again for a very long time.
And I think chennai will retain bollinger and try to buy muralitharan at the auction.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I just dont understand how people from other cities are going to accept Vijay and Ashwin. The moment they see either one of them their first reaction is- "He is the guy from Chennai". The two players will feel even worse. The IPL is business, not cricket. These business people dont understand team loyalty. I dont think an IPL team will win the CLT20 again for a very long time.
And I think chennai will retain bollinger and try to buy muralitharan at the auction.

Unfortunately its going to be like that. Thats why Sachin didnt like the '
throw players back into the auction' theory. In fact he doesnt like this 4 players thing too. All the hard work done by the team and the franchises to build loyalty is now out of the window. They have to do it all over again.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
^I agree with Tendulkar on that matter, it's about building teams.
teams will again have to work hard to get their combinations right, bringing players together, all work will be gone.
I hope we will not see any auction for following seasons.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
^really couldn't get what you were trying to say.

Those two were the base of the win for Chennai and since they are India contracted player, they'll be put up for auction.

irottev

School Cricketer
The best side won. Chennai have such great balance and variety but best of all they have good leaders and heaps of experience.

Good start for Fleming's coaching career. He'll be highly sought after now if he wasn't already.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I mean can't Chennai retain them? What a crap thing this really they have to auction again.

Users who are viewing this thread