Champions League Wins.

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
A brilliant final with a full house, Champions League has been a brilliant success which people thought it wouldn't be after all IPL teams exited. We saw half empty stadiums for non-IPL games but the more public got familiar with the foreign domestic teams the more attendance kept getting better and better.

This tourny also made a lot of superstars out of teams/players that were previously nobodies compared to the popularity of IPL teams, had lots of good matches and entertainment. Can't wait for the next one already :D

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Tbh I didn't really follow this tournament at all after Otago were knocked out. I checked the odd scorecard on cricinfo but I sort of just lost interest, as did the rest of New Zealand because I haven't seen it shown on the news at all. It probably didn't help Sky didn't show the games live though.

I would like to know who has been turned into a "superstar" because of this tournament though, I can't think of anyone that I'd never heard of doing anything that great, except for maybe the Cobra's captain.

P

pcfan123

Not sure what your definition of full house is ,but a half empty stadium is not a full house.

There was barely any interest in this tournament. Lalit Modi has killed the goose that laid the golden egg. 2020 burn out has already started.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Didn't watch any games, checked every scorecard just to see what was happening.
When Otago were knocked out lost even more interest, as I would of followed it more if they done well.
Very little interest in NZ. On our 30 min sports news in the "crowd goes wild" it came in as about the tenth story and only got like a 10 second segment and one of the presenters is an ex cricketer.
The only countries I'd think that would call it a success are Aus (NSW) and WI (T&T).

Params7

International Cricketer
Not sure what your definition of full house is ,but a half empty stadium is not a full house.

32,000 people attended to watch the final match in a stadium that has a seating capacity of 40,000 - To watch two foreign domestic CLUBS which they didn't know even existed a month ago, play cricket. If that isn't a success in every sense of the word, I don't know what it. But then again I've seen a bunch of anti-IPL, T20 posts from you before.

Compare this to the attendance Australia vs New Zealand got for their final in CT, and that same place saw full houses for nearly all IPL2 games. Sure worldwide TV interest may not have been as great for CLT20 but given majority of the cricket crowd heard names like "Trinidad and Tobago" and "Diamond Eagles" for the first time, the interest wasn't that far behind a major ODI tourny like CT. Give it 5 years and see what hypes and rivalries it generates then if it did so much the first time.

Last edited:

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
The only clear thing from this tournament is that the IPL loses. All those million dollar teams got bullied by average domestic teams.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Who won? (I haven't checked cricinfo yet)

zMario added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Booo. I wanted T&T to win but alls well.

P

pcfan123

We should have a vbookie event on whether or not this tournament will see a 2nd edition.

Params7

International Cricketer
We should have a vbookie event on whether or not this tournament will see a 2nd edition.

lol continue hating, you sound like one jealous cricket fan.

Kyle_Moar.jpg

Don't worry IPL/T20 isn't going to kill anything.

And I hope the mods put up that event anyways, I would bet big on it because Modi already announced they will decide the venue for the next edition this December :laugh

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
The only clear thing from this tournament is that the IPL loses. All those million dollar teams got bullied by average domestic teams.
I guess that money and washed up superstars doesn't equal great teams does it. Chalk one up for Pride and Passion.

Hellgood

School Cricketer
Good tournament but swap the IPL teams with actual Indian domestic teams with actual Indian players

Params7

International Cricketer
Besides killing any dignity and self respect the game had.

What dignity and self respect did IPL exactly kill, except show the world that Cricket isn't all about tea and crumpets?

And what hole are you non-Pakistani IPL haters coming out of? Hate all you want but even you know for a fact its a model like IPL or IPL itself that will make the sport of cricket more popular one day. Can't deny that.

Its just begun but :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ic_professional_sports_leagues#Outdoor_sports
Let IPL move up to 256 games played and take over NFL's attendance. HA!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread