Change fonts in CC2020

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Hi, I'm really struggling sometimes to read the fonts easily in the game. There seems to be some issue with the kerning on certain characters in the "Helvetica" font in-game. Image enclosed shows what I mean. Just wondering if there's any easy way to change the fonts. In the "fonts" folder, I could only find "dds" and "fnt" font types.

Attachments

• image_4588.jpg
    image_4588.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 13

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@Prashanth S Kharche I'm not too familiar with how fonts get loaded by different software.

As far as I know, your operating system manages your fonts to some extent. When you install Cricket Captain, I'm not sure if it just asks the operating system to install a system font (and for a common font like Helvetica, the operating system will probably already have it installed).

Or maybe Cricket Captain doesn't need anything from the operating system and it always loads these fonts from the "fonts" folder. If that is the case, then it should be possible to edit these font definitions to change the appearance of the font in Cricket Captain. The only problem is that I don't know how these ".fnt" and ".dds" files work. After a bit of googling, it seems like ".fnt" is a very old format from the Windows 98 era (I guess when Cricket Captain was first created). According to this link, it's very difficult to even open these ".fnt" files:

The ".dds" files seem to be slightly more common (but still very old and unusual). I was able open them in an image editor and at least some characters are visible. But everything seems to be in a random order and I have no idea how to edit anything:

1627129950394.png

Have you tried asking the developers? I don't really know where to start.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Hi @weetabixharry thank you so much for your response. Yes, you're right about the dds and fnt font files. Hardly any information available on the Internet. Strange that the Developer's chose such an archaic format, but I guess it enables them to do much more without major coding changes. Guess will have to live with it for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread