Changing Player attributes/skills

Chahan Shah

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I used the 'Get Best' feature when I first started the game, and for the most part it is awesome. However, some player attributes and skills are amiss.

How do I go in and edit the skills of the players? I know it is possible, and I gave it a shot, but I have no idea what I am doing and I don't think I made any difference. I am more confused than before.

From what I understand, the updated skills will not apply to my current career; I would have to start a new career for any changes to take effect. Is that correct?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
From what I understand, the updated skills will not apply to my current career; I would have to start a new career for any changes to take effect. Is that correct?
It is indeed correct. Come to think of it I think the player skills in career mode are locked down and cannot be changed (not 100% on this) anyone?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It is indeed correct. Come to think of it I think the player skills in career mode are locked down and cannot be changed (not 100% on this) anyone?
There wouldn't be much point in the career mode if you could change them.

In career mode more generally, there's normalisation applied - so there's not exact control over the ratings of players.

In the game more generally, the skills seem to have minimal impact anyway.

Chahan Shah

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There wouldn't be much point in the career mode if you could change them.

In career mode more generally, there's normalisation applied - so there's not exact control over the ratings of players.

In the game more generally, the skills seem to have minimal impact anyway.

Thanks,

I always wondered how it worked. You are right, even though the skills can sometimes be off, the results of the games and player performances do not seem to be drastically affected.

Users who are viewing this thread