College Management System : Suggestions please :)

SK-ZC

International Coach
Hi friends, I'm going to work on College Management System project and My project should cover their needs which I given below :

* Admission Database.
* Fee Structures Database.
* Daily Update on Student Details.

So, I need suggestions on Coding Languages and Databases.
Basically I know C++, Java and little bit of SQL and now I'm looking to develop the project in VB or C# and I knew very little in C# and VB .... But I had one year of time, so I will quickly learn quickly.......

So, in which coding lang should I start my project VB or C# ?

Suggestions please :)

Last edited:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
ASP.NET is the best, i have done this project when i did my engineering.
I disagree, ASP.NET is far from the best. PHP+MySQL combo provides a much more robust experience, apart from being free.
There are thousands of libraries available to assist our project in PHP, compared to the hundreds available for ASP.NET
@santhoshSKR If you plan to do it on a web-based interface, I suggest go in for PHP + MySQL. They are both opensource software, compared to ASP.NET + MSSQL, which are proprietary.

PHP's easy to learn, especially if you know C++.
All the databases are quite similar, so that shouldn't be a concern - you'll have to write similar queries for whichever database you choose.

If you want to go in for application development, VB's quite simple apparently, so that's the way you'd like to go if you're not too much into programming. C# can be a bit hard to understand.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I disagree, ASP.NET is far from the best. PHP+MySQL combo provides a much more robust experience, apart from being free.
There are thousands of libraries available to assist our project in PHP, compared to the hundreds available for ASP.NET
@santhoshSKR If you plan to do it on a web-based interface, I suggest go in for PHP + MySQL. They are both opensource software, compared to ASP.NET + MSSQL, which are proprietary.

PHP's easy to learn, especially if you know C++.
All the databases are quite similar, so that shouldn't be a concern - you'll have to write similar queries for whichever database you choose.

If you want to go in for application development, VB's quite simple apparently, so that's the way you'd like to go if you're not too much into programming. C# can be a bit hard to understand.

I love PHP personally but i had to do this in ASP.NET in my college and i got a very good result.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For me front end in JSF and back end using hibernate with Oracle or Mysql. Although this is a college project go for VB. Simple to code easy to learn and easy to implement

Users who are viewing this thread