Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
McKay step on up, can't believe how he gets treated by the selectors despite his excellent stats. This should ensure he won't be dropped for a while.

One of the better death bowling efforts, this pitch was perfect for McKay, Christian and Watson while Lyon utilised his home ground knowledge too.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Still good to see that Sri Lanka are a massive force to be reckoned with, despite what's going on behind the scenes.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
In the end the best team won, well played Australia! Thoroughly enjoyed this tri-series. Despite all the injuries, pay crisis, etc SL managed to reach the final. Hopefully they manage to give England a run for their money!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I'd go at 5am if it meant going to the Caribean for a few months :D

Not sure, they'd be doing what I'd be doing on arrival though ;)

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This summer for Aussie -

Michael Clarke scored an unbeaten triple test century.
David Warner century (163) against Sri Lanka
Dan Christian took an international hat-trick.
Clint McKay took a 5fa in the deciding match of an international tri-series.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Its quite surprising that Australia managed to control such low score with normal quality bowlers but well yeah congrats to them, this will certainly boost up their confidence in the ODIS which I believe was still lost before that. hmm congrats again.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
This summer for Aussie -

Michael Clarke scored an unbeaten triple test century.
David Warner century (163) against Sri Lanka
Dan Christian took an international hat-trick.
Clint McKay took a 5fa in the deciding match of an international tri-series.

There's a whole lot more than that to reflect on for the Aussies, but you're not one so I'll forgive you for the want :p

- Michael Clarke unbeaten triple test century, followed by a double century and an ODI century.
- David Warner back-to-back ODI centuries in the finals and 180 vs. India in Tests.
- Ricky Ponting test century and double century.
- Michael Hussey 150 and 80 odd vs. India.
- Siddle, Hilfy and Pattinson 5'fers and bucketloads of wickets in tests/ODIs between them.
- Lyon tearing up India's top order when the aforementioned bowlers took a break.
- 4-0 cleansweep of India in tests, 3-1 in ODIs.
- CB trophy winners.
- Emergence of Matthew Wade and Dan Christian.

and so on..

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Series over :thumbs:thumbs. One of the best team won (Before someone jumps, the other best team was SL):thumbs:thumbs Lock thread :spy:spy

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
TBH Sri Lanka was the better team. If one of Chandimal,Sanga,Jaya or Dilli would have played an inninings in the 3rd final or the partnership would have been broken of lee and mckay then this would been Sri Lankan's series

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ha interesting CB series, to me it was the most challenging one Australia has had since 2000, other than the 2001/02 tournament that New Zealand won and the 07/08 won that India triumphed.

I'm ignoring ENG's 06/07 win cause that was fairly flukish.

I understand why cricket australia brought it back this year due to financial benefits the touring India team would bring, but overall though i think the tri-series should stay scrapped.

Clint McKay is a great enigma to be, i don't know how he gets wickets at ODI level - but he does and credit to him.

When all are fit this is what would be my best AUS ODI XI:

Warner
Wade
Watson
Clarke
M Hussey
D Hussey
M Marsh
Christian
Lee
Bollinger
Doherty

Having Watson, Marsh and Christian in the same ODI XI would give AUS ODI team great all-round depth. It would sort of how South Africa ODI team was in the late 90s early 2000s when they had Kallis, Klusener and Pollock in their line-up.

For variety the attack could do with a left-arm seamer and when fit, Bollinger is a must in the ODI XI for me.

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^in last indian tour of england

Users who are viewing this thread