Config file Talk

S

sickhead

Hey....
has anyone modified any of those cfg files that vineet posted on his site....looks like a lot of potential....i wanna try editing them....but need some pointers from the pros.....help....
please post anything you know about the editing of cfgs or how they work or anything
this will help people better their own game in the way they want....and better we might come up with something everyone can use....

D

Duncan

hey every1...

i know how to edit them and i might send one 2 vineet ( i based it on the xtremely hard config).

Firstly, open the files in notepad and you'll see some figures.

Fast Bowler speeds = 1.3 is about 160 km however i've tried 1000 plus and they go to 2000km. You'll either get bowled or get a knick for six.

For spin, 4 is about a good number to use.

For seam/swing...also use 4.

The others, you'll hav 2 experiemnt however I keep them the way there are.

Just a few Hints:

when fielding, hav a slip, 2 gullies, slip behind 1st slip (mayb called short stop of something), backward point, two points, mid off and the rest chuck them newhere. they mostly get caught at gully.

I

imported_Beckster23

I have edited a superb one. I'll send it . Tell me where :) ;)

A

Admin

You can upload it right here like this using file attach option

By the way these are unedited cfgs so dont use them and expect any change without editing them first.

Try experimenting with the restitution values for each type of bowler. It determines how the ball behaves on the pitch and ground.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm off on holiday and then home for a few weeks but when I get back I want to see total hardcore realism! Cfgs cracked and amazing all new gameplay!!! :lol:
Well, I'll settle for being able to bowl at 100mph
Good luck,
Colin

I

imported_Beckster23

Here is my edited cfg. I'v editedt the extreme one.

Happy holidays Colin!!!!

J

jericho007

abhilash ,, your a legend.!!!!!!!!!

Tried your config file and in the 2nd over , I had a thickish edge and caught in the gully.
nicks and edges are more often now.
Well done dude.

A

Admin

Its great that finally someone else has tried ttheir hand at the cfgs.I havent tried it but I will soon and I'm also putting this up for download on the site.

As I keep saying its just a matter of trying various values and testing their effect in the game and seeing what works best. All you need is some time and patience. Come on guys dont be lazy. Make us some good cfgs so I can relax and try out your patches for a change :)

Users who are viewing this thread