Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Only if we knew what losing 3 consecutive finals feels like. No wonder why players like Aguero, Lavezzi and Di Maria are considering retirement. If you really think he's a coward and not a leader, then why should he not retire? He feels he's not a great leader, so he retired. I don't know how that makes one a coward. I don't know what the media wants. When he loses a final, they call him a flop. When he retires and decides to give Dybala/Icardi a chance, they call him a quitter. He has rejected Spanish citizenship in the past just to win an International trophy with Argentina. Do you really believe he considers his national jersey a weight?
We've seen greats like Figo and Ballack end their careers without an International trophy, but does that mean they're not one the greats? I think not. I had to stay up all night to see the match, and I have to say that Messi and Banega were the best players on the pitch. The reason he didn't score is that he was surrounded by 4-5 players every time he got the ball. How can you expect a human to score if he's surrounded by 4-5 players? Otamendi had the chance to score a header, but he missed it. Higuain had two chances, but he couldn't score. Aguero had one, but he wasted it. Messi wasn't given a chance, but at the end of the day, he takes the blame. When the team wins, everyone is praised, but when they lose, it's Messi's fault. How much criticism can one take? The Argentine media has always criticized Messi. If I were Messi, I would do the same. Not everyone is thick-skinned. He's served his nation, yet Maradona keeps bragging about how great he was and how Messi will never reach his level. The truth is, Argentina doesn't deserve Messi.

It's true that Messi chokes in the finals, but where were Higuain and Aguero in 2014? Where were Aguero and Higuain in 2015? People say he plays with world class players like Higuain and Aguero when he wins but forget that he plays with Higuain and Aguero when he loses. Had Dybala/Icardi played, Argentina would've won. I just hope they sack Tata and sign Simeone.

Messi has no one but himself to blame. I don't think he needs criticism. I hope Cristiano ends his international career with a world cup or a euro. I'd hate to see him leave like Messi.

I agree with this.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@Sami Kumar take Sangakkara's example : he lost 3 finals (4 if you count the Asia Cup), but he didn't quit, he stayed there and led his country from the front, and eventually he won. Messi has the chance to win. He shouldn't quit just because he lost a lot of finals.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sangakkara had his people faith,his country old players didn't bad mouthed him at every turn.
That's true as well, but Messi shouldn't listen to an idiot like Maradona who dishonoured his country by getting suspended for taking cocaine.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Argentine journalist Gabriel Anello: "Messi is a Spaniard. Let him stay in Spain. Us Argentines don't want him and don't need him." Fans from Argentina don't like the fact that he doesn't sing the national anthem. Apparently, Maradona isn't the only one. Although Argentina lost, I'm happy for Bravo. He won two Copa Americas in two years.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
After losing :P
He won a treble this year at Barca.

BTW
13533324_1178442465554770_8532761728932966175_n.jpg

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
He won a treble this year at Barca.

BTW
13533324_1178442465554770_8532761728932966175_n.jpg

I could have trolled Ronaldo after Portugal vs Austria, but unlike some Madrid fans, cules respect their rivals. Ronaldo and Messi are the players who define this era. Instead of comparing them, we should consider ourselves lucky to watch them play in the same era. If Ronaldo were going through a rough patch, I would never post fake pictures to defame him. I thought some Mardid fans would respect Messi after his retirement from international football. I guess I was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
I could have trolled Ronaldo after Portugal vs Austria, but unlike some Madrid fans, cules respect their rivals. Ronaldo and Messi are the players who have defined this era. Instead of comparing them, we should consider ourselves lucky to watch them play in the same era. If Ronaldo were going through a rough patch, I would never post fake pictures to defame him. I thought some Mardid fans would respect Messi after his retirement from international football. I guess I was wrong.

Btw, the real pictures.

BsXRTRtCIAEKWrz.jpg
messi-stand-with-israel-fake.jpg
Sorry bro. Never interacted with a Barca fan like you, Always had shit people in the redblue fanbase.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
It's okay bro :). I understand :).
Remember when we lost 0-4, on every Madrid rampage they used to place the image of that score.When we won matches, they repeated the same unless we won at Camp You.

This is why I started hating Messi.

Users who are viewing this thread