Cricket 19 Content Creators Getting Legal Notice

D

Deleted member 193590

Surely this is fake?

Wouldn't they just get YouTube to remove it?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The world: There's a global pandemic.

BCCI: Let's go after YouTubers.

sourav-ganguly.jpg

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Basically the BCCI right now:

khan31

International Coach
How dare you all engage in profiteering activities during this sensitive time?! People are going hungry thanks to you guys streaming on youtube...

BCCI is a plague to cricket and this is another reminder of that. I dont think they will or even can do anything. We can create what we like.

Most I can see coming of this is BA being forced to monitor academy uploads, after which they will likely switch over to a pes style of updating teams/players etc through downloadable files that users can upload to wherever on interwebs.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Load of crap (legally too, pretty sure they cannot do shit about it). Especially the part about using the pandemic, utterly gross and disgusting.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This is, to put it very mildly, an interesting development. I do still feel, that it may not be genuine. Unless there's a file attached with a sign or something. I agree with @Mohammed Sherry

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
With no cricket around, they are trying other means of earning. They probably might put forward licensing proposal to BA. You never know.
Most optimistic view, but you just never know. So many things have happened over the past few months, due to the situation, that I won't be surprised at all if this does happen.

I mean CA YT Page, had the academy downloaded NZ Team against the licensed Aussie team to have kind of a feeling of the delayed ODI Series. NZC probably took it in a very positive manner.

I hope Sourav Ganguly gets something positive done.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
It was taken down for a few days. After Youtube manually reviewed, it was back on.
I think I agree with @Chris Swift, instead of sending such an email they would first go through the system of YT. The legal notice would be after that. Just my thinking.

Yet to receive an email about this but pretty yuck stuff from BCCI, not hurting anyone.
Yours also happens to have a lot of subscribers, and you do upload specific IPL Matches, so you probably would've received something, if it were true.

Edit: Since you're outside India, maybe they're targeting channels in India first.

Load of crap (legally too, pretty sure they cannot do shit about it). Especially the part about using the pandemic, utterly gross and disgusting.
In fact that's what makes me think if this is genuine.

(Mods and BA may have to verify this)

Last edited:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
On second thoughts this might be serious. Just saw the video about this on @Mohammed Sherry channel. The person who sent the email is actually a sports lawyer.

Really sad. But, they're using all their rights.

KevM

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
No a lawyer. No idea if this is genuine.

But probably is

Tom Scott has a pretty interesting video about Youtube and copyright

Users who are viewing this thread