Cricket 19 General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Before I report this as a bug, I wanted to ask the folks here if something is wrong on my end. The image below shows my bowling skills page in career mode. Somehow, I have the ability points to unlock things, but those empty spaces don't have a lock on them to unlock using ability points as a result can't use my excess skill points. Please help out!
CC:, @MattW @WealeyH @Dutch @wasteyouryouth
View attachment 225796
Are you an all rounder? I think there's a limit to the number of blocks you can open - likewise, that you can assign to players in the academy. I'm not wild about it, but I think it's to do with perks being added.

hammad333

School Cricketer
can anyone tell me how to display a single digit number on player's jersey.
for example i type 8 but it appears as '08'
any solution to that?

fezza

Club Captain
And your point being?
If you want a The Shoe
The profits go to shareholders, bonuses for billionaire executives and to tax havens (because most major publishers pay very little if any tax). Meanwhile they routinely lay off staff and close down entire studios because the billions they make each year always has to be bettered. So they idea it is reinvested is simply false. Then they do it all again twelve months later.

As for consumers, you might not have to pay, but games are designed to make paying extra the norm. They know most people won't pay so target people that will, regardless of whether those people can afford it (children, people with gambling or shopping addictions). Kids are bullied for having default Fortnite skins. On top of that they make games worse. I think it was Shadow of War that when they removed loot boxes, because of the player outcry, they had to comprehensively overhaul the game because it had been designed to be a massive grind ... unless you paid for loot boxes.

They might be here to stay, or more governments might do what Belgium did and outlaw them. Although the profits will probably go to lobbying lawmakers to prevent that happening.[/QUOT
The profits go to shareholders, bonuses for billionaire executives and to tax havens (because most major publishers pay very little if any tax). Meanwhile they routinely lay off staff and close down entire studios because the billions they make each year always has to be bettered. So they idea it is reinvested is simply false. Then they do it all again twelve months later.

As for consumers, you might not have to pay, but games are designed to make paying extra the norm. They know most people won't pay so target people that will, regardless of whether those people can afford it (children, people with gambling or shopping addictions). Kids are bullied for having default Fortnite skins. On top of that they make games worse. I think it was Shadow of War that when they removed loot boxes, because of the player outcry, they had to comprehensively overhaul the game because it had been designed to be a massive grind ... unless you paid for loot boxes.

They might be here to stay, or more governments might do what Belgium did and outlaw them. Although the profits will probably go to lobbying lawmakers to prevent that happening.

I'm not a fan of the excesses of capitalism but whatever economic system you have without a likely return on investment there is no investment. I'm afraid the limitations of under capitalisation and inadequate development have been fully exposed with this series.

rohitsharma_MI

School Cricketer
is it possible to change the helmet style of a team? i mean in ashes i used to change the style of helmet. is that possible in cricket 19?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you an all rounder? I think there's a limit to the number of blocks you can open - likewise, that you can assign to players in the academy. I'm not wild about it, but I think it's to do with perks being added.
Yep, Batting All Rounder. I think you're right. Though I'll test it further when I began a new career!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you want a The Shoe

I'm not a fan of the excesses of capitalism but whatever economic system you have without a likely return on investment there is no investment. I'm afraid the limitations of under capitalisation and inadequate development have been fully exposed with this series.
Didn't understand your reply to me, but seeing this post of yours I can see one issue. The thing is Cricket Games are hard to profit off, less countries to market to. Australia and England also have a lot of different sports in the country, and sports gamers have lots to choose from. Subcontinent focuses on cricket, but only a small part buy the game (I hope the Steam regional pricing helps a bit). I think before the game released, Mike Merren mentioned that Indian Market for example was crazy for IPL.

At the end, one thing about capitalism is that competition has to emerge. The whole point of free market, is to have multiple competitors. We are both fortunate and unfortunate that we have BA, as we get a decent cricket game however neither do we have an alternative nor is there any competitor to compete with.

At one point there were signs that Codemasters and BA would compete, but then the former sold the game making to Trickstar I think? And that was the worst game ever according to some.

As a cricket gaming fan, hope someone else rises as well.

feddy

School Cricketer
Playing on widescreen 21:9 monitor.
Seems stretched:( anyone playing in ultra widescreen monitors ??

Also getting lag in cinematics from toss to gameplay there s lot of lags.. :( plz help to fix this guys .

My system . :
AMD 8350 FX 8 CORE
GTX 1050TI 4GB
12GB RAM
there is even lag on PS4

fezza

Club Captain
Yes it is hard to make money on cricket games but some were reasonable sellers. Brian Lara was quite high in the game charts all those years ago - and the EA series ran for many editions.

In 10 years the middle class in South Asia will be much larger and all their kids will have PS5s and demand cricket games. If one developer could build a cricket game brand (like Fifa or PES) now they will reap big rewards later. But the thing has to be good. BA are part way there but the inadequacies frustrate the knowledgeable player (and just about everyone in the subcontinent knows their cricket...)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
for me also server problem any solution? i tried every thing no use, bigant say any solution for this?
today i buy another steam cricket 19 with new email id but same problem occur, big ant reply for solution or please refund the amount, , if you dont care of the cricket fans and customers, double time i spend my money

Hold on, did you buy another copy because of server problems?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Best I've seen is the logo come off one side. No other visable ware

Yes , the same for me on the PS4.

We Play 45 Over Online Test, and the nature of it means we have to Save and Exit every now and again.

Might be that again, like all the ones before it , where the Save and Exit overwrites everything pitch and Ball related.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
hey guys I no I am not really meant to be posting video in this thread please keep it in admins but hell this was a good game my first proper game on the new patch after a busy couple of days it was a awesome match raw vision not scripted with some negative comments about this game it still a highly entertaining game

Users who are viewing this thread