Cricket 19 General Discussion

Rex0

School Cricketer
Mate the non Asians might buy the game after pirating but that doesnt happen mostly in the subcontinent. People here are more than happy to get a game for free no matter it has a few features and dont bother supporting the company
It's because the games are overpriced and out of the reach of a common buyer in the region. People will buy when the price is right. Just because you found one guy doesn't mean everyone is like that.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A lot of branch updates of late hopefully something big on its way

View attachment 226903
With next WT20 in 2020 and Ashes series coming in 2021, I guess they are preparing for Cricket 2020 with improved enhancements to the Gameplay and even more robust AI Engine.

Sahil70

Club Captain
With next WT20 in 2020 and Ashes series coming in 2021, I guess they are preparing for Cricket 2020 with improved enhancements to the Gameplay and even more robust AI Engine.

don't care anymore. not interested in any more of their half baked products

khan31

International Coach
Sums up my experience with this game. Developers get something right or put a nice feature in the game only for it to fall flat and remind you of how flawed this game is.

bptuner

School Cricketer
Sums up my experience with this game. Developers get something right or put a nice feature in the game only for it to fall flat and remind you of how flawed this game is.
Lmao never seen this one. I'm thinking the correct player height, run-in angle and bowling style animations all dungoofed together might produce this.
EDIT: After observing it a couple more times, I noticed you tried to release really early as indicated by the front foot position, is this what caused the collision?

Did you cancel releasing the ball or did knocking the bails off just screw everything up? I've had a couple of instances of this happening when throwing the ball near the wickets to the other end, sometimes they knock the bails off in the process of throwing the ball.

Physics only work in this game when they feel like it; bowler able to knock his own bails off during run up but previous 2 balls delivered probably phased through his opponents bat. I really hope they tweak the clipping, I want my clearly-edged wickets!

If they release anything major before slightly tweaking, re-adding of randomly removed features and fixing the numerous bugs, CR19 is the last BA title I purchase and the company goes in the same rubbish bin that I tossed Ubisoft into.

Last edited:

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
My suggestion would be turn off the ball marker (the red/green/yellow/blue) circle around the ball. Just go with the pitch marker (I'd suggest the black colour not the colour coded option) Reasoning being:

I noticed in DBC 17 I wasn't doing anything other than reacting to the colour. Red - back foot, everything else - front foot. It is, in my opinion, a button prompt and completely removes the skill of judging length, which is a key part of batting. Fine if you're a casual player but I like to have a more in depth experience. And, like you say, it can lead to you not always playing the shots you think you should. That can still happen without the ball marker of course but it feels like a mistake by you not a mistake based on your reaction to a guide given by the game. You're more likely to learn from that mistake too.

You have to actually work out how the ball is bouncing off the pitch. This is more cricketing skill than being able to react to the colour of a circle. There is a lot more variation on certain pitches and you will, as a batsman does IRL, work out when to play off the front and back foot.

Personally, I like having as little clutter on the screen as possible - same reason I'd like to have the bowling hud disappear after I've selected my delivery. It's far more enjoyable to bowl when you are doing the footwork and release based on the bowler movement not on the position of a meter.

You might consider changing the leave button, I've always liked it as R3. My thumb is always on there so it is easier and quicker to play a leave than moving to another button.

It might take a bit of getting used to, maybe have a go in the practice mode, but it's such a better game without the ball marker.

Have to say this little piece of advice has made a huge change in the immersion of the game. Never even thought of this one so to do this has made batting feel very rewarding. Got to think now and not just follow the colours.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If they release anything major before slightly tweaking, re-adding of randomly removed features and fixing the numerous bugs, CR19 is the last BA title I purchase and the company goes in the same rubbish bin that I tossed Ubisoft into.
Correct and thats my view too. I dont want releases every year but I would be more happy if they release a very polished and enhanced version even after 3 or 4 years. They need to bring in new things without messing up the older ones.[DOUBLEPOST=1569048490][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its due to bowler bowling from too close of the wickets. You can move him a bit away by pressing the left key on d-pad

bptuner

School Cricketer
Correct and thats my view too. I dont want releases every year but I would be more happy if they release a very polished and enhanced version even after 3 or 4 years. They need to bring in new things without messing up the older ones.[DOUBLEPOST=1569048490][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its due to bowler bowling from too close of the wickets. You can move him a bit away by pressing the left key on d-pad
Agreed. Look at the yearly releases by EA, they're shit and no different from the previous 9 annual releases. goal=$$$$$$$$$$$$

As for the bowler clipping his own bails, as a pace bowler you have 3 angles you can start your run-up from, none of them inherently hit the wickets when you release. This looks like he was as close as possible without going around and released *very early* (whole foot is well and truly behind the line) which the animation ended up with the ball smacking the bails. Shame batsman wasn't out of his crease but it looks like it froze/broke the game afterwards anyway lmao.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Agreed. Look at the yearly releases by EA, they're shit and no different from the previous 9 annual releases. goal=$$$$$$$$$$$$

As for the bowler clipping his own bails, as a pace bowler you have 3 angles you can start your run-up from, none of them inherently hit the wickets when you release. This looks like he was as close as possible without going around and released *very early* (whole foot is well and truly behind the line) which the animation ended up with the ball smacking the bails. Shame batsman wasn't out of his crease but it looks like it froze/broke the game afterwards anyway lmao.
Yeah the game freezes I have had it a couple of times.

khan31

International Coach
It's the first and only time its happened to me and although it did require a restart, not worth the time submitting a bug report. There are about 234 other bugs higher in the priority list then this especially as it seems to have only happened to me so far.

I didnt try to cancel the delivery or release early etc. I just bowled a standard delivery as I always do and the ball never left the hand. Noticed the stumps were flashing, somehow could see them flash through the umpires soul...so checked the replay.

If the match had carried on as normal I would have been impressed by the inclusion. But it crashed the game. So no

@bptuner
Were you watching me play? I did have two deliveries pass through the bat before this happened....

Users who are viewing this thread