Cricket 19 General Discussion

khan31

International Coach
Still not fixed the error of different bowling speeds between ‘Play Now’ and all other game modes. Play Now seems to incorporate my custom sliders which are higher than stock. Renders all other game modes useless to me.

Batsmen take far too long to set off for a run when playing back foot shots behind square. Running two almost never possible.

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
Still not fixed the error of different bowling speeds between ‘Play Now’ and all other game modes. Play Now seems to incorporate my custom sliders which are higher than stock. Renders all other game modes useless to me.

Batsmen take far too long to set off for a run when playing back foot shots behind square. Running two almost never possible.
Custom sliders work in other modes too. i feel like setting pace min/max speed to 75/80 respectively matches the Play Now's default 50 pretty well. I do wish that this be fixed some time in the foreseeable future though.
You can have more than one physics preset though. For example i use the default physics in Play Now but switch to 'New Difficulty 1' in all other modes when i come to bat.

Haych14

Club Captain
Hi there, wanted to know if anyone has created Pakistan New T20 Kit? If so how do I replace it with the current T20 Kit? Thanks

khan31

International Coach
Custom sliders work in other modes too. i feel like setting pace min/max speed to 75/80 respectively matches the Play Now's default 50 pretty well. I do wish that this be fixed some time in the foreseeable future though.
You can have more than one physics preset though. For example i use the default physics in Play Now but switch to 'New Difficulty 1' in all other modes when i come to bat.

I play with 65/78 on Play Now. So what would setting would be required for other game modes? Is it only pace settings that need to be changed?

Also, yes, I am aware of the ability to store multiple slider configurations. Although an option to copy a current config would have saved us some time with less manual input.

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
I play with 65/78 on Play Now. So what would setting would be required for other game modes? Is it only pace settings that need to be changed?

Also, yes, I am aware of the ability to store multiple slider configurations. Although an option to copy a current config would have saved us some time with less manual input.
Yes only pace settings need to be changed. Spin speed is same across all modes. Also, when you bowl, speed is same across all modes. It is only when you bat, that the speed is faster in Play Now mode.

As you regularly play on 65/78, you can best judge the equivalent setting in other modes. I suggest upping it to 100/100 and see the difference. I think it will be close and you will get used to it after a while. Give it a go

Godamasu

Club Captain
BNG..
Is there any way to download all playfaces at once? or at least all players from a single team?
its really hard to download hundreds of players one by one, cant imagine those who made all these playfaces, what a great effort they had to put in, thanks to those fellas specially.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Is there any way to download all playfaces at once? or at least all players from a single team?
its really hard to download hundreds of players one by one, cant imagine those who made all these playfaces, what a great effort they had to put in, thanks to those fellas specially.
I don't believe there is. You can search by username/creator name which will at least narrow the list of players down.

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
Hi @wasteyouryouth
We use to have a thread in Ashes cricket on 80's 90's Sliders. In that it was mentioned that increasing pitch and ball frictions will result in edges going to gully slips n point fielders. And decreasing these sliders will result in getting feather edges.

I have increased these sliders to > 75 in Cricket19 but still 90% of edges going to keeper only while human batting.
Have you tested these sliders or do you have any idea on how we can make 30-40% of the edges go to slips gully or point fielders while human batting?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hi @wasteyouryouth
We use to have a thread in Ashes cricket on 80's 90's Sliders. In that it was mentioned that increasing pitch and ball frictions will result in edges going to gully slips n point fielders. And decreasing these sliders will result in getting feather edges.

I have increased these sliders to > 75 in Cricket19 but still 90% of edges going to keeper only while human batting.
Have you tested these sliders or do you have any idea on how we can make 30-40% of the edges go to slips gully or point fielders while human batting?
Short answer:

It's just trial and error, probably focussing on friction (pitch and ball), ball speed and shot force. I don't believe there's a perfect set of settings that will please everybody and I don't know if it's possible for any developer with the current level of technology to really give in-game vs real life dismissals balance without it having something that makes that AI get out in a certain way. So you have to find something that works for you.

Long answer:

I'm not 100% certain and wouldn't claim any expertise. There have been changes to the game, particularly with pitches between Ashes and Cricket 19 and probably with how the AI batsman will play. So I don't think it's as straightforward as copying and pasting settings from one to the other.

In terms of edges. I think you'd probably want to look at the ball settings; ball bounce and ball friction. Also there's the AI wicket chance (or it might be called something else) and reducing that, but I don't know if it will increase the variety of dismissals as opposed to the frequency or likelihood of chances.

Also, there's a question of whether you're batting and bowling. I find a lot more the edges, when batting, are to keeper, whereas I get more variety from bowling. I think this is probably down to my batting and how batting works in general. I think it's a lot more difficult when batting to find a thicker edge and I suspect that's less to do with the physics and more to do with how markers work and batting sliders.

I try to limit slider adjustments unless I have a specific reason for it - I largely focus on changes to the gameplay/functionality changes (batting and bowling sliders) rather than physics. I'm not saying others aren't, but I'm very methodical with changes I make too. You need to counterbalance certain changes with other factors.

With my recent play I have found a decent mixture of keeper/slip catches with bowled and lbws. I do think it's difficult to maintain the way the game mechanics work and the types of dismissals that come from that versus realistic % of dismissals without there being some contrived piece of programming that forces the AI to get out in certain ways. So we have to be somewhat forgiving when that game doesn't perfectly represent reality. It's been a few years since I played Fifa or PES but I reckon even now, if you play ten matches on either one of them and you'd not see the diversity in goals if you watched ten games of real football.

That's probably not very helpful. :lol

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
Short answer:

It's just trial and error, probably focussing on friction (pitch and ball), ball speed and shot force. I don't believe there's a perfect set of settings that will please everybody and I don't know if it's possible for any developer with the current level of technology to really give in-game vs real life dismissals balance without it having something that makes that AI get out in a certain way. So you have to find something that works for you.

Long answer:

I'm not 100% certain and wouldn't claim any expertise. There have been changes to the game, particularly with pitches between Ashes and Cricket 19 and probably with how the AI batsman will play. So I don't think it's as straightforward as copying and pasting settings from one to the other.

In terms of edges. I think you'd probably want to look at the ball settings; ball bounce and ball friction. Also there's the AI wicket chance (or it might be called something else) and reducing that, but I don't know if it will increase the variety of dismissals as opposed to the frequency or likelihood of chances.

Also, there's a question of whether you're batting and bowling. I find a lot more the edges, when batting, are to keeper, whereas I get more variety from bowling. I think this is probably down to my batting and how batting works in general. I think it's a lot more difficult when batting to find a thicker edge and I suspect that's less to do with the physics and more to do with how markers work and batting sliders.

I try to limit slider adjustments unless I have a specific reason for it - I largely focus on changes to the gameplay/functionality changes (batting and bowling sliders) rather than physics. I'm not saying others aren't, but I'm very methodical with changes I make too. You need to counterbalance certain changes with other factors.

With my recent play I have found a decent mixture of keeper/slip catches with bowled and lbws. I do think it's difficult to maintain the way the game mechanics work and the types of dismissals that come from that versus realistic % of dismissals without there being some contrived piece of programming that forces the AI to get out in certain ways. So we have to be somewhat forgiving when that game doesn't perfectly represent reality. It's been a few years since I played Fifa or PES but I reckon even now, if you play ten matches on either one of them and you'd not see the diversity in goals if you watched ten games of real football.

That's probably not very helpful. :lol
Thank you and I agree with all your points. I dont think we can get real kind of edges unless if there is a mechanism to read the position and angle of the bat where ball hitting. Even if there is a mechanism it will be difficult to implement that with the input batting shot we are playing. Hope they do some magic to get that kind of game engine in future iterations.

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
Thank you and I agree with all your points. I dont think we can get real kind of edges unless if there is a mechanism to read the position and angle of the bat where ball hitting. Even if there is a mechanism it will be difficult to implement that with the input batting shot we are playing. Hope they do some magic to get that kind of game engine in future iterations.
I hope that in the next iteration, there is an edges slider under physics which determine the frequency and variety of edges. We can tune it until we feel like it mimics reality.

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
I hope that in the next iteration, there is an edges slider under physics which determine the frequency and variety of edges. We can tune it until we feel like it mimics reality.
There are already edge sliders for frequency in the current game based on the batting input.

Users who are viewing this thread