Cricket 19 General Discussion

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Maybe need to have phrased the setting better, but as with "AI chooses human bowlers" the point of that setting is so that the AI will choose fields for you while you bowl if you have it turned on.

Allowing the AI to use a field you have created is a per field setting in the field editor, unrelated to what the 'AI chooses human fields' setting is set to. I would expect everyone here would want that setting off, as it's designed to make it easier for new players to just bowl without having to think about fields.

Thanks @MattW you made my day by replying to my comment :wave

Ya got your point , actually my concern is more on when we bat . Can you please check on my below point. Please :)

It would be nice if you can allow us to edit the existing fields, even though custom fields are created. When I am batting in career mode ,AI hardly chooses anything from them, or else please implement this way that if the 'AI choose human fields' checkbox is true then dont choose any fields from the defaulted ones, always choose it from custom if they exists.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
The throwing speed will be less of an issue than it was before. The other tweaks and fixes help to bolster up the game across the board. Give it time peeps. It will be a little jarring because you are used to something else. Different isn't always negative!
Actually true. Though yes the throwing is not express as it was in the last update, the run out frequency has remained normal. Also, I have had less impossible run outs while batting.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah it would be good if fielding got a major overhaul in a next iteration so that you indeed see an increasing fielding ability from club to elite; unless playing for England of course!
I think last update, the one before the latest one, at least started giving ability points for fielding points in a better manner than before. So, that feedback did somehow get noticed and fixed.[DOUBLEPOST=1575454335][/DOUBLEPOST]
That happens quite regularly before the patch
I did too. Though occasionally, not every time.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
When I click on play,the game keeps on loading and "press to continue" option is not coming,any one know solution for this???

D

Dutch

When I click on play,the game keeps on loading and "press to continue" option is not coming,any one know solution for this???
Controller connected properly? internet connection?

What platform.....?[DOUBLEPOST=1575457409][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's only so much I can say or @MattW will break my legs.

ooooohh Matt, please sir, please Mr Matt sir, can I do it,, ooh pick me , pick me.......*strains arm hoping to get noticed*

Oh actually that's not very nice....we just got married...ah, well you will just have to get used to it......

Sahil70

Club Captain
One thing that is not good in fielding still is when bowling , the bowler when trying to attempt a runout does this weird run in one direction and throw behind at the base of stumps, sometimes not even hitting the stumps , rather than just whipping the bails off. Have missed a few potentially high chance of runouts because of this

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
Controller connected properly? internet connection?

What platform.....?[DOUBLEPOST=1575457409][/DOUBLEPOST]

ooooohh Matt, please sir, please Mr Matt sir, can I do it,, ooh pick me , pick me.......*strains arm hoping to get noticed*

Oh actually that's not very nice....we just got married...ah, well you will just have to get used to it......
It's PC and controller is connected properly

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So I played about 40 overs of Test Cricket with the new patch and my initial impressions are extremely positive.

The things that stood out for me were,

1) The Ball Physics seemed to have been revamped. For the better. Gotta try Hard Pitch still. On the last patch it was very difficult getting an LBW with an In-Swinger as it swung too sharp too early.

2) The AI's reaction to deliveries. In the earlier patches it almost felt as if the AI didn't quite understand the game well. For eg. I got plenty of cheap wickets where AI would get Bowled by playing inside the line to an In-Swinger. Similarly, for Out Swingers the AI would often play Outside the line. Was extremely weird. With the New Patch, in the 40 overs I bowled, got plenty of plays and misses which looked correct.

3) The variety of AI shots also seems to have increased.

4) The bugs like Pace Physics not applying seemed to have been fixed. I'm just glad I can now play the other modes.

I'd like to thank the PlanetCricket team who've been the brains behind this Project and of course BA. Good stuff guys.

And if I had to choose between the Throw Physics and Mechanism from Previous and Current Patch, I'll choose the Previous patch's one without a doubt. It just felt a lot more realistic. But that's just my opinion.

D

Dutch

There were issues that turned up in terms of balancing with the previous throwing attributes. It was necessary to revert that somewhat to allow the other fixes to be possible.

Great to hear that people are generally positive about things.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
The game really feels better after the new patch. Bowling swing is excellent and with the combination of pitch marker, i have been getting beaten many times.

Thanks Bigant and Beta team for continuously working to fix the issues.

Can you please consider these issues for future patches?

1. Square cut shot is one of the most beautiful shot in cricket but somehow it doesnt always trigger for me. I assume it works differently for different batting styles. It seems like its bit easy to trigger for maxwell batting style.
Can this be fixed to work like in Ashes cricket? I never had issues playing this shot in Ashes cricket. Incase if anyone is expert in playing square cut shots, please give suggestions on how to trigger them more often.

2. AI Bowling line when left hand bowling bowlers bowling to right hand batsmen and vice versa. I have raised this issue earlier and it was fixed a bit but still bowlers are bowling lot of deliveries outside leg stump. If this bowling line can make like real life, then it can increase the chances of getting edges to slips and also increases the batting difficulty a bit.
Thanks again for all the support.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
When is the latest patch coming to Nintendo Switch.I also have it on PS4.This caught and bowled is ruining the game.Every straight drive is caught.Not realistic at all.

Users who are viewing this thread