Cricket 19 General Discussion

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
For what it's worth: My two cents on the latest patch.
First the positives:
•Got some beautiful slip catches all through out the cordon and wicketkeeper seems more human now. First slips come into play especially against spinners.
• The slow pace of competition/ashes/tournament modes is now fixed. Not as bothersome to everyone but it irked me to no end.
• The bowl swings realistically especially at the start of the test. The batsmen actually had trouble controlling the movement and nicked to slips quite often. As i played 25 overs, there was noticable reduced swing movement.

The negatives:
•As have been mentioned, the slow throw speed by the fielders. This has a severe impact on odis where you can run a run even if you hit straight to an inner fielder at ideal timing as long as you dive. This negates the risk/reward play while batting.
•Aggressive AI running between the wickets is great when required runrate is high or playing a t20, etc but getting 2 to 3 run outs per innings, even in test, is ridiculous.
• Many slip catches do not trigger the catching minigame. These are counted as reflex catches perhaps but the issue is almost every reflex catch gets dropped by the fielder and there is nothing we can do. In my test yesterday, i bowled 25 overs. There were 4 slip catches induced, 3 of which had no catching animation and in the 4th catch, the slow motion indicated the start of the minigame but the circle did not appear resulting in a dropped catch. Out of the 4 only 1 catch was taken which was reflex. The rest of my wickets were two very stupid run outs.

Guyincognito1

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
For what it's worth: My two cents on the latest patch.
First the positives:
•Got some beautiful slip catches all through out the cordon and wicketkeeper seems more human now. First slips come into play especially against spinners.
• The slow pace of competition/ashes/tournament modes is now fixed. Not as bothersome to everyone but it irked me to no end.
• The bowl swings realistically especially at the start of the test. The batsmen actually had trouble controlling the movement and nicked to slips quite often. As i played 25 overs, there was noticable reduced swing movement.

The negatives:
•As have been mentioned, the slow throw speed by the fielders. This has a severe impact on odis where you can run a run even if you hit straight to an inner fielder at ideal timing as long as you dive. This negates the risk/reward play while batting.
•Aggressive AI running between the wickets is great when required runrate is high or playing a t20, etc but getting 2 to 3 run outs per innings, even in test, is ridiculous.
• Many slip catches do not trigger the catching minigame. These are counted as reflex catches perhaps but the issue is almost every reflex catch gets dropped by the fielder and there is nothing we can do. In my test yesterday, i bowled 25 overs. There were 4 slip catches induced, 3 of which had no catching animation and in the 4th catch, the slow motion indicated the start of the minigame but the circle did not appear resulting in a dropped catch. Out of the 4 only 1 catch was taken which was reflex. The rest of my wickets were two very stupid run outs.

I'm having the exact opposite atm with slip catches, pre-latest patch, slips were fine, now everything drops short, even on hard/standard pitch. Bloody infuriating. Wicket-keepers still fly and teleport, not as bad, but still noticible and enough to still not bother with a 1st slip as the keeper will take care of those edges.

cosimas

School Cricketer
Hmm, the bowler I thought it was carried on bowling (albeit badly). Maybe it was a minor strain.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey all, Please come and check out the online multiplayer game on the latest patch

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
I'm having the exact opposite atm with slip catches, pre-latest patch, slips were fine, now everything drops short, even on hard/standard pitch. Bloody infuriating. Wicket-keepers still fly and teleport, not as bad, but still noticible and enough to still not bother with a 1st slip as the keeper will take care of those edges.
There is an option to move slips and keeper closer to the wicket. Hopefully this will cause some of the edges to carry. I honestly did not face this problem. Are you using the default sliders?

karanhdass

Club Cricketer
This is definitely the best patch BA have put out, just wow guys! A lot of things actually work!

One gripe - the physics (fast bowler speed) resets after every match. To get it working, you need to change the setting once and then you’re good. I haven’t checked the other settings. Apart from that, this has easily been the best patch for me.

I got a leading edge to mid off off a quick bowler.

A beautiful bat-pad catch off spin.

Thanks BA, great job!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Okay! Absolute beautiful update this. Injuries are working, and they're working well.

The first time an in-game message came while batting, that lower stamina and bowling effort balls can cause injury.

So, in the next ODI Series, I bowled almost 10 overs (6 on the trot) in a short time, and used effort ball everytime. Finally, the injury came in last over. Elbow Tendonitis came first, though I could still bowl. The my elbow got strained in-fame, and I couldn't bowl my last ball, so I left at 9.5 Overs. Prasidh Krishna finished my quota of overs.

Now, even in my career screen, below my form there's a section which says: Elbow Tendonitis - 6 Days. Though I seem to able to play the match even with an inury. Don't know if I can bowl.

Super Update!!! Thanks BA!!!

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20191206_023154.jpg
    PS_Messages_20191206_023154.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 49
  • PS_Messages_20191206_023159.jpg
    PS_Messages_20191206_023159.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 44
  • PS_Messages_20191206_023158.jpg
    PS_Messages_20191206_023158.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 47
  • PS_Messages_20191206_023202.jpg
    PS_Messages_20191206_023202.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 45
  • PS_Messages_20191206_023204.jpg
    PS_Messages_20191206_023204.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 46

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Loopy throws are back. The didn't adjust the AI running logic so now there are too many runs between wickets as already mentioned. No real additions to leg side shot animations still. Also, no longer able to pick lineups as captain since the new patch. Have to do it everytime in the edit screen. It's really comical. Everytime you get used to a bad title, they invariably put out a patch that makes it worse.

D

Dutch

The last two posts sum up the whole subjective nature of these things: as the great man himself said you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Subjective doesnt make something objective however enthusiastic or how ever hard we scream.

there is either enough in the game to please you or there aint.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
The last two posts sum up the whole subjective nature of these things: as the great man himself said you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Subjective doesnt make something objective however enthusiastic or how ever hard we scream.

there is either enough in the game to please you or there aint.
Honestly, it's true. Like I just recently enjoyed playing a test series in career mode touring South Africa as India's Captain. Had a good time batting, and that too because now I have settings set just right.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I had a bowling stamina warning come up and it stayed there for every delivery for every bowler.

Slip catches were taken not dropped (Both by Root) but without my input.

Actually had some outfield catches to take (This is from just one ODI).

Had clear edge with x come up caught by keeper not given out (Never had this before). Had used review.

Bowlers overs were reduced as per rain reduction.

I haven’t batted yet, just bowled not knowing there was a patch. I need to look at the field radar again though. My mind is blown as to whether or not it’s right.

This is all from just bowling/fielding in a reduced to 40 over ODI in a custom competition.

Beating the bat was beautiful, play and misses, close LBW shouts and edges etc as great if not better than before. It’s what I love about the game. Fielders shepherded the ball a couple of times though. I also took a catch by a player with heels on the rope so frustrating but kind of real.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
All philosophically oriented, abstract observations about a few posts aside, it doesn't make any sense that a game should lose features that were already part of it with a new patch. That is beyond logic and frankly something that just doesn't seem to make any sense. Perhaps it's some technical thing that is too complicated for people outside that field. But if you have something already in the game (i.e. lineup selections in career, flatter, faster thros), why in the world would they then not be part of a subsequent patch.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hello.

My 2 penneth worth on the patch:

Throws are slower, far more 2s in OD games.
AI fielding (when I am batting, annoyingly not when I am bowling) is better, more sliding stops.
There are 2 new options, AI selects field for human bowlers, AI selects(skips?) human bowlers. Neither seems to make any difference.
Batting (both me and for the team I am in) seems to be marginally harder.

Not fixed:

Can't stop the game progressing when captain and my team is bowling (i.e. to put myself back on again). This is still the most frustrating thing in the game.
Can't progress from level 50 to 51, meaning I cannot change any of my perks ever again.

Yes the captain bit annoyed me too, only way around it that I found was to not ‘skip to player’ and instead simulate the AI over then if you weren’t bowling the next over just change back to you before the first ball of the over is bowled. Bit of a pain, but it meant I was getting proper spells

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
All philosophically oriented, abstract observations about a few posts aside, it doesn't make any sense that a game should lose features that were already part of it with a new patch. That is beyond logic and frankly something that just doesn't seem to make any sense. Perhaps it's some technical thing that is too complicated for people outside that field. But if you have something already in the game (i.e. lineup selections in career, flatter, faster thros), why in the world would they then not be part of a subsequent patch.
Don't want to be rude, but I don't think you are into coding. Sometimes, one thing or the other can get a problem.
For the throws, everyone throwing flat throws is not something that even real cricket has. I do wish they had a mix of both after this patch.

Also lineups can still be edited just before you start the game. Like in the final menu there's edit lineups. But, yes it has to be changed everyone unlike the one that came up in the career home page.

Also, before you call other posts as 'philosophical observations', maybe you're the one that's only noticing the negative side. I am pretty sure you'll always find the mistakes in any patch they make. It's okay. Maybe that's how you observe things.

Users who are viewing this thread