Cricket 19 General Discussion

khan31

International Coach
Run outs are broken on this game, most evidently in the inner ring. The fielder delays to avoid a run out chance being actioned either by slowly collecting the ball or looping a throw at the keeper/bowler/stumps. Manual or auto fielding makes no difference.

Why not let the action play out and actually give us a chance at the run out? The AI never runs these ridiculous singles anyway so AI batsman wont become suicidal overnight. Only us players would be impacted by this change and it would actually create a risk reward to these singles. BA are just clowning us at this point

Sahil70

Club Captain
Run outs are broken on this game, most evidently in the inner ring. The fielder delays to avoid a run out chance being actioned either by slowly collecting the ball or looping a throw at the keeper/bowler/stumps. Manual or auto fielding makes no difference.

Why not let the action play out and actually give us a chance at the run out? The AI never runs these ridiculous singles anyway so AI batsman wont become suicidal overnight. Only us players would be impacted by this change and it would actually create a risk reward to these singles. BA are just clowning us at this point

Thats's never going to be in the game it seems, or stumpings for who knows what reason. AI are even able to drop the ball at their feet and take off for a single and the bowler instead of running down the pitch in their follow through runs back to their own end , and by the time whoever else is closest , usually keeper/slip gets to it , easy single

Really disappointing to have a game where modes of dismissal is limited to only bowled, lbw and any catches mostly by keeper, well in tests anyway. Fielding component in general in this game is terrible

Last edited:

venkniralac

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can someone refer me to the post on whose creations I can download teams, logos, umpires and bats

Neostrike

School Cricketer
Can somebody help me with some instructions on how to get into AcrossTheTasman?
Would really appreciate.

Sahil70

Club Captain
The slip fielder next to keeper during spin bowling is completely useless..because keeper is the one taking all the catches going in that slip direction

Slip fielders are useless for any bowling. Hardly any go to them. Edges always so conveniently go away from them, or where they not are

storey205

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Any news on the next patches. PS4 hasn’t had any improvements for over a month and Nintendo Switch stuck on 1.02.

khan31

International Coach
Thats's never going to be in the game it seems, or stumpings for who knows what reason...

That's what gets me. Theres no obvious reasoning behind it and I refuse to accept the bollocks reasons provided by third parties on here. From the horses mouth please.

Its hard to bowl dots when the single is always on. Surely its simple enough to program the fielder to collect the ball and throw at normal speed? Then select from a list of possible outcomes i.e. runout, otherthrows, close call 3rd umpire review etc each with a different % chance of occurring based on time available, speed of the ball, distance from stumps, fielder ability etc.

You would then see pressure build up if we choose not to risk these currently guaranteed singles.

Also, why is the bowler/keeper so slow to break the stumps? The batsman can cover half the track while the balls in the keepers hands. Why cant this be sped up so we can run human players out when they take runs on a fielders throw?

Also worries me how many people on here support this argument of "these issues cant be fixed without causing several more bugs, fielding is the foundation of the game so cant be changed". You couldnt pitch a tent on these foundations.

It's just lazy programming. No Im not a game developer. But I know when things like batsmen not being able to run after the stumps are broken has been purposefully coded into the game, in an attempt to hide the fact theres no pull out stump animation. Please, let us run and just let the crappy bail breaking animation play out again. Yes it looks bad but at least it means the game plays to the rules of cricket. Plus we still see the ugly animation if you do set off for a run just as the bails were breaking first time. So what's the logic lads?

I hope they're working on a mega patch to sort the game breaking issues.

Users who are viewing this thread