MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Alright so what I've done, I actually had to unlink all the players first created by wasteyouryouth, and I'm just going through and linking the now default players with my created players. Not sure still if they will turn up in my career save. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Pretty sure it works, loaded up my save and the names reverted to default, and the ones I have changed are in there - according to the season stats screen.

Thanks for the help Dale.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Great video but by god I hate the commentary

yeah I was very very tempted to sack it but will for the last Test..

Iv been rolled pretty much.. all of sudden Donald and Pollocks have got the ball talking..

Mate if you find all pitches flatten out ramp up the friction I haven’t for this test but found it good to increase as day goes on or decrease depending on the pitch and my knowledge of conditions in the country.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Great video but by god I hate the commentary
I would get rid. I know some people want a TV presentation sim more than a cricket sim, but stick the resources used putting commentary in the game to boost the overall in game sounds. Diverse crowds sounds, improved ambient noise, umpires, players and wicketkeepers calling you a 'tweaking knobhead.'

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would get rid. I know some people want a TV presentation sim more than a cricket sim, but stick the resources used putting commentary in the game to boost the overall in game sounds. Diverse crowds sounds, improved ambient noise, umpires, players and wicketkeepers calling you a 'tweaking knobhead.'

yeah I would love varied crowd sounds by region.

I’ve also always thought feedback in the game should be given by fielder sledging... I.e. your batting and the fielders skating your timing, shot selection etc. Or bowling and fielders like “he can’t read your wrongun” or “he’s done for pace” or indeed “you knob head”

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
yeah I was very very tempted to sack it but will for the last Test..

Iv been rolled pretty much.. all of sudden Donald and Pollocks have got the ball talking..

Mate if you find all pitches flatten out ramp up the friction I haven’t for this test but found it good to increase as day goes on or decrease depending on the pitch and my knowledge of conditions in the country.

when would you increase friction and when would you reduce it, and what would you expect as a result each time?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
yeah I would love varied crowd sounds by region.

I’ve also always thought feedback in the game should be given by fielder sledging... I.e. your batting and the fielders skating your timing, shot selection etc. Or bowling and fielders like “he can’t read your wrongun” or “he’s done for pace” or indeed “you knob head”
If they could find a way to use fielders and/or commentators as a hint system that would be a useful mechanic.

Commentary could be decent as a T20 only option, tests become repetitive very fast. The comms are not great, in general, it sounds like people sat reading lines into a mic, so I feel sound could be improved elsewhere.

Last edited:

venkniralac

International Coach
I have got like 20 skill points for my career player but I am unable to use them , can someone guide me on how to assign them in career mode?

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I have got like 20 skill points for my career player but I am unable to use them , can someone guide me on how to assign them in career mode?
You need to first unlock "Abilities" by earning "Ability Points" (which can be earned slowly by playing a lot or quite quickly by training your career player in nets/ground) and after that you can use the skill points earned to increase that unlocked ability...and again the cycle continues...

venkniralac

International Coach
You need to first unlock "Abilities" by earning "Ability Points" (which can be earned slowly by playing a lot or quite quickly by training your career player in nets/ground) and after that you can use the skill points earned to increase that unlocked ability...and again the cycle continues...
Thanks mate will do

Users who are viewing this thread