Cricket 19 General Discussion

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Except their games haven't always been "better", that's been the problem. If anything, their games have shipped buggier each time, and show the telltale signs of a game released before it's been fully tested. The fact that things like pitchware still weren't fixed on release of Ashes or things like cover drives not being doable on release of DBC 17 were silly. They weren't game destroying, but they certainly spoke to a lack of QA. DBC 14 remains their best game out of the box.

Hell, I was one of the most vocal in support of BigAnt for years too. I invested a huge amount of time into DBC 14 and 17, although my work in the community was largely limited to DBC 14. It's not about "what I'd consider gospel", but rather anything they can do to break those patterns. When granny gets on the drink, you know what's going to come out her mouth; that's what we're seeing from BigAnt at the moment.

Again, the game isn't going to be bad, but you can bet your last dollar that it'll have some glaring bugs across the board on release, the first patch will makes 90% of those worse, and about 30-50% of those issues will never be resolved, even after their skeleton patching crew spending several months "patching" the game.

This is the thing, I really hope some competition appears. That said, the big issue seems to be that BigAnt are racing their shadow. If anything, competition might make them rush more.

The biggest issue now is that they have Ashes release deadlines. The stumping bug in AC17 was ridiculous, and then there was a patch released months later that meant the ball did not swing for a time. They should really be starting to nail these games, but after AC17's numerous backward steps; I have my doubts.

There isn't enough money in cricket games for major competition, and whilst BA hold the Aus and Eng licenses the onus is on them to keep making better games

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel jus because BA has not released any gameplay trailers or more screenshots with one month for release we cannot doubt their quality of work in Cricket 19. May be it’s a marketing strategy of releasing more gameplay videos and new features info within short period of time (jus before the release) than same details provided in longer period of time. It is just my thoughts on why we shouldn’t judge BA based on the delay in revealing the game trailers or new info.

I agree their past 2 games were buggy out of the box. But AC17 has positive review from the beta team (but somehow it got messed after a few patches). Now @MattW has said they have taken a lot of input from this forum and implemented them. To put all these doubts to rest I hope @BigAntStudios or ECB release a gameplay trailer actually revealing what are the changes we can expect compared to AC17. Let’s hope @BigAntStudios or @MattW does this.

Sir Mike Rose

Club Captain
Profile Flag
West Indies
This game may suck badly... we have to face that. BA just has a bad rep at this point. They have to prove themselves in this iteration.

TheHairyGamer88

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This game may suck badly... we have to face that. BA just has a bad rep at this point. They have to prove themselves in this iteration.

I mean... you could say that about literally every game released ever. There is always that possibility. Same as there is always a possibility it could be the best game ever. Add to that everyone has different things for what makes a game good or bad.

Nix71289

Club Captain
Can we all relax for god sake please?? Those who don't want to pre-order fine!! Don't!! Wait for the reviews and those who want it first do it!!!

No point blaming big ant for past and questioning them again and again!! FIFA was not perfect from its first game!! It was made like this with a lot of support and funding!!

Big ant are the only one who makes cricket games now!!! Ranting against them and questioning them on cricket games really won't help!!! Give them a chance!!

Wait for the game.. let it release and let people play it!! If it's a bad game I'll also join in complaining but till then stop coming up with such beeped up speculation!!!

Zainuma

School Cricketer
Can we all relax for god sake please?? Those who don't want to pre-order fine!! Don't!! Wait for the reviews and those who want it first do it!!!

No point blaming big ant for past and questioning them again and again!! FIFA was not perfect from its first game!! It was made like this with a lot of support and funding!!

Big ant are the only one who makes cricket games now!!! Ranting against them and questioning them on cricket games really won't help!!! Give them a chance!!

Wait for the game.. let it release and let people play it!! If it's a bad game I'll also join in complaining but till then stop coming up with such beeped up speculation!!!
Totally agreed

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Excuse Me? They've proved themselves quite a lot already, and that is proven by the fact that they've got a license from ECB and CA again. About that, ECB has officially endorsed a studio outside the UK to make a game on the Ashes being held over there. Meaning that Ashes Cricket of 2017, was a big success...

DBC14 and Ashes Cricket were fantastic, and the patches by them did fix the game.. Even DBC17, which is my not so favourite game, was still good to play.

Yes of course Cricket 19 can go bad, but your attitude stinks.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

Please people see this and calm yourselves...

D

Dutch

Again I will raise the following point: it is a discussion forum....the poster did not say that he feels that everyone should have the same attitude as him...if he is worried the game may "suck" then that is up to him.....nowhere does he state that everyone should think like that....he is expressing an opinion. Perhaps one you dont share...fine. This is what freedom of speech is all about as long as it keeps to the forum rules....having an opinion even if it is very very different to our own is allowed!

There is no panic, no need for people to calm down....they are expressing an opinion, which can be countered with another opinion etcetera....this is what this place is for...........

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I highly doubt the game will be bad they have shown a lot of improvements on their games over the years and ross did say that we are getting the biggest update since Bradman 14 which is massive they have shown massive progress from dbc 14 no game will not face it issue[DOUBLEPOST=1556259617][/DOUBLEPOST]Remember to support them too as that way they can keep making these games

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Again I will raise the following point: it is a discussion forum....the poster did not say that he feels that everyone should have the same attitude as him...if he is worried the game may "suck" then that is up to him.....nowhere does he state that everyone should think like that....he is expressing an opinion. Perhaps one you dont share...fine. This is what freedom of speech is all about as long as it keeps to the forum rules....having an opinion even if it is very very different to our own is allowed!

There is no panic, no need for people to calm down....they are expressing an opinion, which can be countered with another opinion etcetera....this is what this place is for...........
A counter to an opinion would also be an opinion though, as long as no personal abuses or criticisms are made, it is fine I think.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I highly doubt the game will be bad they have shown a lot of improvements on their games over the years and ross did say that we are getting the biggest update since Bradman 14 which is massive they have shown massive progress from dbc 14 no game will not face it issue[DOUBLEPOST=1556259617][/DOUBLEPOST]Remember to support them too as that way they can keep making these games
Where did Ross mention this though? About it being the biggest update since DBC14? Curious to know...

Users who are viewing this thread