Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Agree 100%. Spinners tend to use the Wrong'uns and Doosras way too much since the first(or maybe second) game. Another annoying part is when AI Right Arm Fast bowlers go Round the Wicket against Right Handed Batsmen and similarly for Left Arm Bowlers and Batsmen.

Well, this still maybe called plausible in T20s, but in ODI's and Test Matches? Used way too extensively, this ploy. Probability needs to be reduced A LOT.

Not sure if anything has been done about this. If not please look into it. @MattW

Honestly I don’t think it’s that at all, I think they literally just have spin the wrong way.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
@MattW @HBK619 Probably not your department, but England launch their new kits for the World Cup and summer ahead on Tuesday, will they be added into the game post launch?

issue

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am waiting for street broke cricket 19 :spy

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well the scenario editor has swayed me and I went along to game today and put in a pre-order.

So hopefully they do get the spin turning the right way in the next week and a bit!

Haych14

Club Captain
J[DOUBLEPOST=1558191737][/DOUBLEPOST]JUST A QUESTION ANYONE KNOW IF THE ACTUAL NATIONAL ANTHEMS OF WILL TEAMS BE PLAYING AT THE START IF THE MATCHES IN CRICKET 19??

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Well the scenario editor has swayed me and I went along to game today and put in a pre-order.

So hopefully they do get the spin turning the right way in the next week and a bit!
Just wanna let you know online retailers will be quite a bit cheaper than game for pre order. Unless you have reward points :)

Gentoras

International Cricketer
J[DOUBLEPOST=1558191737][/DOUBLEPOST]JUST A QUESTION ANYONE KNOW IF THE ACTUAL NATIONAL ANTHEMS OF WILL TEAMS BE PLAYING AT THE START IF THE MATCHES IN CRICKET 19??

If it were to be so, I would assume only Eng & Aus since they are the licensed ones, but I doubt though

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Honestly I don’t think it’s that at all, I think they literally just have spin the wrong way.

If it was a problem with the Game mechanics, the problem would have occurred during User bowling too, which isn't the case really. Which makes me think that AI ball type selection percentages are inverted.

But then, every implementation is different and you could well be right.

dom2110

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
@MattW @HBK619 Probably not your department, but England launch their new kits for the World Cup and summer ahead on Tuesday, will they be added into the game post launch?
I would have thought that ECB would have given the designs to BA months ago and they are under embargo till the official launch. I’m quite sure we’ll get the new kits in a day 1 patch. Think it’s why they haven’t bothered to put the one day kit in the demo.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I would have thought that ECB would have given the designs to BA months ago and they are under embargo till the official launch. I’m quite sure we’ll get the new kits in a day 1 patch. Think it’s why they haven’t bothered to put the one day kit in the demo.
Here's hoping, it will look odd though with the cover art being the old kits

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If it was a problem with the Game mechanics, the problem would have occurred during User bowling too, which isn't the case really. Which makes me think that AI ball type selection percentages are inverted.

But then, every implementation is different and you could well be right.
aye, you're right it's usually right for human players, i guess it is as you say over-selection of doosra/googly. IIRC in ashes cricket the top spinner also span like a doosra/googly too which probably exacerbated the issue.

hopefully it's addressed as it's something i've always found frustrating. one would also hope the skills would affect it - i.e. if you pick a guy with low skills on that delivery relative to offers they won't bowl it much if at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1558200782][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just wanna let you know online retailers will be quite a bit cheaper than game for pre order. Unless you have reward points :)

ha ha, yeah cheers. problem with that though is i've done that before and the delivery only turned up at 4pm!

Users who are viewing this thread