Cricket 19 General Discussion

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
£50 is a crime when you can find for <£40 online. But the biggest crime is a 2015 game in DBC costing more than Ashes...
Wasn't it that Ashes was self-published so BA can drop the price? The previous games' prices are dictated by the publisher.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
This is where I normally say something positive to avoid being shot down when I say something negative but...

The lack of subtlety in the change of grass colour from pitches to outfield (In an absolute straight line) looks awful and potentially hugely distracting when playing.

I’m going off online clips, haven’t played Ashes for ages but comparing the two when viewing clips online I do hope it’s not gonna compromise all the progress made elsewhere.
The outfield looks alarmingly bright which I guess I can change but the contrast is... ugly!

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is where I normally say something positive to avoid being shot down when I say something negative but...

The lack of subtlety in the change of grass colour from pitches to outfield (In an absolute straight line) looks awful and potentially hugely distracting when playing.

I’m going off online clips, haven’t played Ashes for ages but comparing the two when viewing clips online I do hope it’s not gonna compromise all the progress made elsewhere.
The outfield looks alarmingly bright which I guess I can change but the contrast is... ugly!

To be honest, they could make the outfield a flat tessellated pattern of wangs for all I care as all as long as the core gameplay elements are working at release.

pinku

Associate Captain
Wasn't it that Ashes was self-published so BA can drop the price? The previous games' prices are dictated by the publisher.

Yes it was something along them lines. Hence the Don bradman games were and are still more expensive where Ashes has dropped price alot.

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I got a email from Mighty Ape this morning with regards to change in date for Cricket 19 for New Zealand

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 10.07.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 10.07.21 AM.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 113

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I got a email from Mighty Ape this morning with regards to change in date for Cricket 19 for New Zealand
I would go with a different supplier mate just checked same date for us here in Australia looked at eb games nz they still have it for the 28

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India

Yeah noticed that too,seemed pretty wierd at first and was quite surprised that no one mentioned it here. I think it ll be fixed in the final version ( well i sure hope so) ,right now grass looks comically bright.
To be honest, they could make the outfield a flat tessellated pattern of wangs for all I care as all as long as the core gameplay elements are working at release.
While gameplay is king ,i don't believe its the only metric a game shoupd be measured on ,good graphics are important too,very much so in modern games

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pre-order for the Xbox One version placed on game collection, they are already selling at a discount, £38.95
Can't wait for the Xbox One X enhanced goodness

angad

Chairman of Consent

Well everyone who plays the game have their own views on what they find most immersive or enjoyable. I personally prefer Gameplay, Animations and Graphics to make me enjoy the game. Some people prefer Customizations. I guess there are no right or wrong preferences here.

However, it is important to know what the Developers’ vision is for the game and if it is aligned with yours then you buy the game. BigAnt have always been upfront about the fact that gameplay is their first priority, which includes AI, while customisation is the close second. They have worked extensively on the other aspects like animations etc, however if there were any conflicts, it’s the gameplay that would have received the preference being the higher priority.

So you may not like the animations or the graphics, but it’s ok. They weren’t the first priority at this stage anyways. However, you should be constructively vocal about it as well so that BigAnt knows about your requests/wants.

Well, I got bored halfway writing this post so please forgive me if it didn’t make any sense by the end of it :p

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I would go with a different supplier mate just checked same date for us here in Australia looked at eb games nz they still have it for the 28

Yeah thats so weird EB Games and JbHiFi still have 28th have asked them for an explanation lets see what they get back with.

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wonder if the game will break Release Date this year

OldMate87

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone know what it will cost on the PS Store?

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread