Cricket 19 General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
According to Big Ant's website, they provide free lunch everyday and drinks on Fridays, so I doubt we even do that *sobs uncontrollably*
:(:(:(:(:(:(

View attachment 218893
If not for Big Ant, we'd all be playing good old, AC09 and C07.[DOUBLEPOST=1552621015][/DOUBLEPOST]
You like losing 70% of the time. You must be a sri lankan captain!
Oh come on, they won an amazing series in SA.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
You like losing 70% of the time. You must be a sri lankan captain!
it might be hurtful at first for losing so many matches, but it also inspire us to improve our game and keep us engage with game longer period of time... i played Ashes around 2 to 3 months and i get super bored and i tried few matches after each new update and that's it... super easy games don't last longer for me... i like the game which difficult to master it... and if you see, all popular game hard to play, but when you master it, that satisfaction level no one can match it...

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Sorry but I think this is kind of a bizarre statement. Why would you want the AI to win at a set flat percentage?
i don't want to see AI winning rate at fix percentage or something like that... i meant that, i want to see tough to beat kind of AI... yes with weaker team i also like to win more comfortably (depending on my skill level) but with stronger opponent, i don't like to feel that playing only these few shot get me to the target or only bowling at this line and length always makes AI score less... i want mix tough AI, which makes me to re-think my strategy every few overs, so when i win it makes me feel special and not like another match and another win...

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Hoping for some info about the game today or this weekend. It’s been a week since the brief intro news about the game.

Side note: 26 Feb - 15 secs teaser of the game released by ECB
7 Mar - intro news of the game published by ECB

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hoping for some info about the game today or this weekend. It’s been a week since the brief intro news about the game.

Side note: 26 Feb - 15 secs teaser of the game released by ECB
7 Mar - intro news of the game published by ECB
While it would be great to hear some more info about the game they won't necessarily give out more info every single week up until release, so while we are all excited we need to be patient and have our patience last longer than a Test innings of Jennings'.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
If AI capable to successfully chase and defend the total 70% of time in all three formats in the normal difficulty setting, than it will be a perfect cricket game for sure...
I understand what you mean, but fixing a certain percentage where AI is capable of winning will/may lead to AI playing unrealistically to achieve the result. Not desirable. May be let’s hope for a competitive AI, which is not invincible.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
While it would be great to hear some more info about the game they won't necessarily give out more info every single week up until release, so while we are all excited we need to be patient and have our patience last longer than a Test innings of Jennings'.
If am not wrong, Ashes had that kind of promos. Game features and game infos/videos were released not weekly but periodically. More frequent closer to the release date. It makes sense to keep the community talking about the game and word of mouth publicity going. In fact I have been passing info about the game to my friends/cousins who are not in the game.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If am not wrong, Ashes had that kind of promos. Game features and game infos/videos were released not weekly but periodically. More frequent closer to the release date. It makes sense to keep the community talking about the game and word of mouth publicity going. In fact I have been passing info about the game to my friends/cousins who are not in the game.
Yeah it would make sense but whether we hear anything more over this weekend will be seen to be unlikely. I would assume some more info would come out within the next two weeks at least though. I've been following Ross' Twitter closely the last week or so where he has been giving out some hints...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I know the effect on sales would probably be nil but since they’ve already got a licensed England and Lords, wouldn’t it be cool if they could officially license Ireland and have that historic first test reflected in game!
I've wondered in the past whether BA might try and pick off some low hanging fruit (no disrespect) in terms of licenses. If they can get Australia and England then there are other nations that might be possible to get.

The cost-benefit might not be huge and logistically it could be difficult. Although given most of the best players in the world are going to be in the same area soon (plus Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands), who knows. Of course, implementing them (appearances, kits, stadiums) could be difficult without expanding.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've wondered in the past whether BA might try and pick off some low hanging fruit (no disrespect) in terms of licenses. If they can get Australia and England then there are other nations that might be possible to get.

The cost-benefit might not be huge and logistically it could be difficult. Although given most of the best players in the world are going to be in the same area soon (plus Ireland, Scotland and Netherlands), who knows. Of course, implementing them (appearances, kits, stadiums) could be difficult without expanding.

my hunch would be that while the association (e.g. cricket ireland) might be keen, you'd probably get interference from kit manufacturers etc. that might need more handling and make it not worth the candle.

would love to be wrong though!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I actually would love to see Afghanistan Cricket licensed.. The team have got players bundled up with talent and great fan following and they surely are one to watch out for.. Also this would be the right time as well to have them licensed before they peak.. :D

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The ECB and CA licenses will likely see the two having a financial gain in the game's success. The more licenses, the more it costs. BA would have to determine whether the cost of additional licenses would be matched by an increase in the game's revenue.

As others have said, it isn't just a license with the cricket boards but all of the sponsors associated.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
42 pages in one lunchtime. 10 pages of excellent contribution from the usual posters and as for the other 32, well they make me want to scoop my eyes out with a spoon, set them on fire, stamp out the fire, put the ashes into an urn, create a cricketing rivalry over the urn, make a game about said cricketing rivlary and moan on an internet forum that I've just been bowled by a 220cm left handed Virat Kohli with no eyes............

It's good to be back, roll on Cricket 19.

Users who are viewing this thread