Cricket 19 General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The wait is feeling so long for this one. *Off-Topic* Time to focus on academics for me, for a while. May is relatively free, except an internship I have to take part in. I just realised I completed 6 years on PC Forums, a week ago, and DBC 14 was the first game I actually saved for (C07 and AC09 were gifts). This forum was such a life saviour, when I needed it the most. Thanks to everyone, who know me. ❤️

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i love ur replies you always make me laugh stay happy .. :D
Don't we all, there's some bloody funny fellas on these forums that can always make you laugh. The daily jokes on here make my day. You gotta wonder, is this secretly Planet Comedy Forums...:spy

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Don't we all, there's some bloody funny fellas on these forums that can always make you laugh. The daily jokes on here make my day. You gotta wonder, is this secretly Planet Comedy Forums...:spy
Personally I would appreciate less jokes. Video games need to be more serious with less fun. And sarcasm should be banned on this forum.

Especially @Dutch and @wasteyouryouth

I mean how are you supposed to play cricket with a tennis racket?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I too have tried. My Dale Steyn looked like a burns victim.

I think there are ways that it can be done well but it's not a straightforward or quick process. I'd suggest anyone who wants to get an idea of the complexity should download the AO Tools on Steam. IF it's something you're interested doing for the new cricket game, you're gonna welcome a couple of months practice on a similar system.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Please no more club cricketers showing up in National/Domestic teams in career mode. Nobody wants to play alongside or against made-up people once they make it pro. And these made-up players end up replacing top stars. I just toured India and no Kohli. Also he was replaced by a guy with a very non-Indian name.
The point with career mode is that it runs over many years. Over that time, players who are playing today retire or are replaced. Because no-one knows who will be playing for India in, say, 10 years time, you have to accept that the only way to emulate this is by having the game invent players to replace them. I do agree, however, that sometimes the names of the individuals are slightly at odds with the national norms...although there are many examples of players with names that are not indigenous to the country they play for (e.g. Roger Binny). That said, the players you are claiming to be club cricketers at international level, aren't club cricketers...they are internationals who have been generated by the software.

For career mode, whilst on the topic, it would like to see a bit more around how other players are doing. It would be useful to know if there are players emerging on the club or county circuit that might challenging you for your position. The element of maintaining form in order to maintain your place has been missing. Even some indication that you need to string a couple of decent scores together to be given a chance at the next level up or, alternatively, avoid being dropped would add a little extra dimension to the career mode. Getting a chance to play in the international A teams before always going straight into a full international cap, would be good.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
If bigant really wants to make a splash in india, they need to have lisenced indian team with an indain player as the game's cover star.
This would significantly improve sales in india.

... but cost far more than the extra sales. You just cannot make the economics work.

Reactions: DAP

Vamsi2k99

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
... but cost far more than the extra sales. You just cannot make the economics work.

You are right. Its going to cost them shit tons of money to get the indian team lisenced.

But may be in the next interation if they can get them lisenced, the massive population and demand for cricket with some proper marketing , they could be very successful.

Also bigant should consider skipping pc version entirely and release only on consoles to avoid piracy.

Reactions: DAP

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
For career mode, whilst on the topic, it would like to see a bit more around how other players are doing. It would be useful to know if there are players emerging on the club or county circuit that might challenging you for your position. The element of maintaining form in order to maintain your place has been missing. Even some indication that you need to string a couple of decent scores together to be given a chance at the next level up or, alternatively, avoid being dropped would add a little extra dimension to the career mode. Getting a chance to play in the international A teams before always going straight into a full international cap, would be good.
I guess the story around the career mode in Cricket 19 will take care of this.

mohsinhbk

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I loved the idea calling a game cricket 19 instead of ashes which makes the game to limited two countries secondly i loved all the comments and how keen the people are for new game, two things i m looking forward to see in this game one is DLS system this should be introduced for the game, many real cricket matches are being affected with it and in the career mode they should gave tasks to get selected or promoted in a team

Users who are viewing this thread