Cricket 19 on Xbox Game Pass

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
I downloaded Cricket 19 via my Xbox Ultimate Game Pass account on my XONE today.

In the Xbox console, when I look at the game/add-on manager page, it shows that it has installed Cricket 19 base game (16.2 GB) followed by Version 1.1.7.0

However, when I launch the game and go to the credits, the version number it shows there is different - v0.1.1349

Can someone explain the discrepancy?

Mainly, I want to check that I am using the latest version of the game, which includes the most recent (October?) patch.

Thanks

ps. FWIW I was hoping that the most recent patch had addressed the terrible AI field placements (which is what I gathered has been fixed, from some user reviews post patch) but when I played a T20 against the AI on Veteran difficulty, the field placements were still quite terrible (I smacked several lofted shots in consecutive overs over the long on area and the AI didn't change the field at all)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Might be better off asking Big Ant directly:

Submit a ticket : Support

And give us an update to what they say, my guess is, its just a numerical discrepancy between x-box and big ant's internal system for patch numbering.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
That's the latest version available.

its just a numerical discrepancy between x-box and big ant's internal system for patch numbering.
This is correct. The in game number uses different numbering, as due to differences in publishing/region the same patch can have quite different numbers in the System UI, so the in game number gives Support a way to identify the exact copy of the game you are running.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I downloaded Cricket 19 via my Xbox Ultimate Game Pass account on my XONE today.

In the Xbox console, when I look at the game/add-on manager page, it shows that it has installed Cricket 19 base game (16.2 GB) followed by Version 1.1.7.0

However, when I launch the game and go to the credits, the version number it shows there is different - v0.1.1349

Can someone explain the discrepancy?

Mainly, I want to check that I am using the latest version of the game, which includes the most recent (October?) patch.

Thanks

ps. FWIW I was hoping that the most recent patch had addressed the terrible AI field placements (which is what I gathered has been fixed, from some user reviews post patch) but when I played a T20 against the AI on Veteran difficulty, the field placements were still quite terrible (I smacked several lofted shots in consecutive overs over the long on area and the AI didn't change the field at all)

the best way I have found to make better AI fields is to create your own in the field designer, including ones that “block” areas you often hit and make them AI selectable. The AI can’t just move 1 fielder into an area, they select whole fields. So you need to spend time and create your own field sets.

Users who are viewing this thread