Cricket 19 vs Ashes Cricket

Dan_Cricket19

School Cricketer
ive been playing cricket 19 on PS4 pro for around 2 months now and I’m really enjoying the game.

I have just picked up ashes cricket for my Xbox one x through game pass and it feels to me a much more polished game, yes the graphics look better as it’s one x enhanced with hdr but it also has noticeably less frame stutters and smoother gameplay.

Is this because cricket 19 is only on the PS4 pro as compared the the one x or will more patches sort this out.

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have been playing Ashes Cricket since i bought it at the beginning of the summer in May.
Its been over 150 hours and have totally enjoyed it.
The gameplay is fantastic, i stick to standard controls - i cant seem to control the bwolwers in classic controls for some reason.
Bowling and Batting is an enjoyable experience.
Love the customization options. I always play regional/state teams or club teams and dont play international teams. Creating your own leagues with teams from all around the world is super fun!

Am sure the Cricket 19 gameplay would be better tuned.

The only issue for me in Ashes Cricket is AI. While bowling the AI changes fields regularly but not without a plan. It does not bowl according to a plan.
While batting the AI does nor care about setting a target nor has a plan while chasing.
All teams play the same style.

Have they improved the AI in Cricket 19?
Do you feel a challenge while chasing or defending a total?

I would also like to see an implementation of a team Id concept- where every team has its own tactical style, which ensures every team AI behaves differently. This was implemented brilliantly in Pro Evolution Soccer in 2017 - a game i play a lot (An AI system ruthlessly removed from PES 18, 19 - to promote their online garbage!).
I feel Cricket games needs various tactical systems used by different teams, which really takes player experience and replay ability to another level.
AI, perhaps is the hardest aspect of game programming, we hope Big ANT keeps at it and we get a game with fantastic AI someday.

I'm still enjoying Ashes so will get Cricket 19 next summer, hopefully with some patches out.

All of us have to thank Big Ant for giving us these cricket games we all enjoy!

Last edited:

flake

County Cricketer
Smoother, better animations, cutscenes add so much realism, just feels a lot more polished.

The music during the cutscenes when the players are walking on, the anthems and getting to look at all the players is such a nice touch.

One critique, is that has anyone noticed increasing sliders for pace speed doesn’t really do that much? I’m at 90 and still slow as, even when facing Cummins at 150...

Users who are viewing this thread