Cricket 2004 is GREAT

tegg02

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whoever has "pinned" "CRKT2004 is ****" is simply ignorant to the efforts in making a computer game. Here we have the latest cricket game on our laps and yes I agree it?s not perfect, but no game is. But the game is really quite entertaining, the game play authentic to real cricket, the animations realistic and graphics pleasing to look at.

This is the best cricket game we have available and certainly better than anything previous. So all you whiners stop complaining about it, play it for what it is and have fun.

I will also give the creators of the game some credit for a good job.

As for making your own cricket game, this makes me laugh. Sure it could be done but were are you going to get your million $ from to hire some real talent. Its not 1984 and your not programming for a Commodore 64.

Lets here some positive for Cricket 2004.

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
I agree. Cricket 2004 is the best cricket game out there (In My Opinion). The are lots and lots of different modes, such as world series, ashes tour, domestic season, etc etc. However I feel that they could of fixed some of the bugs, surely.

crick4life

International Cricketer
I beg to disagree on this. You may add hundreds of tournaments, squads etc but its a fact that this game is very much unfinished. Whats the point in having hundreds of players in a team if you are restrained to pretty much play with default teams with maximum of 14 from the squad of hundred. How about the run outs, when you know you can bowl out an opposition for less than 50 in a ODI pretty much with most of them running themselves out why the heck should you I be giving credit to the developers. EA added stamina meter which doesn?t work, stats is full of bugs; I can go on pointing out major bugs but again you would put everything down to whingeing. This game is not free of cost, its costs NZ $99 in NZ. The game developers do not develop games for charity, we pay for it and we have every right to complain about a faulty product. A little bug here and there is bearable but catastrophic ones are the ones people are complaining about. Unless an official patch is released by EA to fix these major bugs I consider this is a lackadaisical attempt at creating a reasonably good if not the best game by EA. This is my one cent worth of thought on this topic.

bomber

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by crick4life
I beg to disagree on this. You may add hundreds of tournaments, squads etc but its a fact that this game is very much unfinished. Whats the point in having hundreds of players in a team if you are restrained to pretty much play with default teams with maximum of 14 from the squad of hundred. How about the run outs, when you know you can bowl out an opposition for less than 50 in a ODI pretty much with most of them running themselves out why the heck should you I be giving credit to the developers. EA added stamina meter which doesn?t work, stats is full of bugs; I can go on pointing out major bugs but again you would put everything down to whingeing. This game is not free of cost, its costs NZ $99 in NZ. The game developers do not develop games for charity, we pay for it and we have every right to complain about a faulty product. A little bug here and there is bearable but catastrophic ones are the ones people are complaining about. Unless an official patch is released by EA to fix these major bugs I consider this is a lackadaisical attempt at creating a reasonably good if not the best game by EA. This is my one cent worth of thought on this topic.

Thanks crick4life, saves me typing that.

I could not agree more, the game has so many problems I don't even play it anymore. Unless that patch comes out soon I wasted my money like everybody else.

:confused:

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Well, given that I haven't played a cricket game since cricket 1997, I really wasn't expecting much when I bought cricket 2004 (with the fact that the AFL games that have been released are really crappy, I figured because cricket isn't american, I thought this would be just as bad, but I really wanted a cricket game after playing cricket 1997 for years). I guess your expectations were higher than mine. Also I am coping well with the bugs. I don't mind playing with the default team. The run out bug dosen't happen when you use the fields that are already available to you, and there are quite a few.
We all have our own opinions :)

squiz

International Coach
I agree wit you man, i can live wit the bugs, they dont happen that often, and if you have to do things to stop the bugs from appearing (eg. Default Lineups) so be it.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by tegg02
Whoever has "pinned" "CRKT2004 is ****" is simply ignorant to the efforts in making a computer game.
i will thankyou not to call me 'simply ignorant' for disagreeing with your point of view. in fact your attitude leads to me wonder how ignorant YOU are on the matter. i am prepared to put my own company behind my proposed venture should the required interest be garnered. i am NOT some day dreamer totally oblivious to the requirements of making a successful computer game. it is for that very reason that i stated a number of times that i could not make promises in regards to monetary rewards.

let's dissect your rant shall we -
Here we have the latest cricket game on our laps and yes I agree it?s not perfect, but no game is. But the game is really quite entertaining, the game play authentic to real cricket, the animations realistic and graphics pleasing to look at.
at least you are not claiming perfection - that is a start. :rolleyes:

and if it is your idea of authenticity, then i really do wonder when the last time you actually played the game of cricket is. one major bug that renders the game almost totally unplayable is the lack of ability of international class wicket keepers to stop around one hundred runs worth of byes. for this game it is the norm, irl, it has NEVER happened.

and whilst i respect your right to an opinion on the graphics, to me they are as irrelevant as they are average. i personally would not give a rats arse if the graphics were absolutely **** poor, as long as they weren't so bad that they affected the playability of the game.
This is the best cricket game we have available and certainly better than anything previous. So all you whiners stop complaining about it, play it for what it is and have fun.
again a matter of opinion, and yours is worthy of some considerable conjecture. some would argue that BLC/SWC is still the better all round cricket game. for mine, we haven't had a really good cricket game since Cricket Captain on the amiga. CC is, imo, still the best cricket game made to date.
As for making your own cricket game, this makes me laugh. Sure it could be done but were are you going to get your million $ from to hire some real talent. Its not 1984 and your not programming for a Commodore 64.
your condescending and defeatist attitudes are truly a wonderful asset. you will certainly go far in life thinking "it's too hard, why bother!"

tbh, i don't give a flying fig if you think we can't do it. all the more reason to be smugly satisfied if we get to shove those words down your throat. nothing will spur me on more than people telling me something cannot be done - basically doubting me. i run a successful business, and have the werewithal to see this project through.
Lets here some positive for Cricket 2004.
i would be praising it to the rafters if it was worth it. but let's be honest, it is not only the game that sucks, it is the attitude of EA (which, imo makes it worse). on this very forum there is a multi-page thread listing the bugs in the game. one bloke went to the hassle of documenting an extremely detailed email in regards to issues and bugs within the game. the response he got? update your sound and video drivers ffs! we are not going to see a patch that would make this game what it should be, and nearly is.

i am really glad you like the game, and feel it was worth your money. truly i am. but don't you ******* dare ever tell me again that i have no right to expect better from ANYTHING, and that i shouldn't set out to mobilise people in the belief that we can do better ourselves!

intrancer

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
the worset bug is the save bug .. that makes the game impossible to play test matches or 50 overs games, other bugs i can live by but this SUCKS!

the game is great cos there is nothing to compare it with!

tegg02

School Cricketer
I was expecting a reply from ?Scatter? in his defence but was not expecting to be abused for sticking up for the game that this forum is supposed to be about. How about you calm down ehh.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
meh... you got off lightly...

and for the record, my response had nothing to do really with your opinion on the game. as i said, i am glad you like the game. what really annoyed me was your almost condescending attitude towards my proposition...

Last edited:

tegg02

School Cricketer
If you want to read my positive review of the game it was posted here a week or so ago in this forum.
Cricket 2004 Review

Anyway Scatter you stick with your "sh*t" thread and hopefully there will be a positive thread and we will all be happy.

Good luck with the game company, I certainly wouldn?t want to ?dare? criticize any game you produce.

I hate crap computer games too and there are thousands of them out there.
C2k4 is good though for the average player.

If you want to play real cricket go out to the park on Saturday and play as I do. This is a video game which is good for simulating cricket.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
unsurprisingly you missed the point.

you can 'dare to criticise' all you like. just don't tell me in your condescending manner that i have to like c2k4, and that i have no idea in regards to what i am proposing.

i will promise one thing - if we do get this started, i would not dream of releasing a game with as poor production values as c2k4.

and funnily enough, i played cricket today. got to hit the winning runs and all... :D

tegg02

School Cricketer
Thats right, you dont have to like it, thats fine, as I am taking the other path in saying its good.

Others will make there own judgement.

Im sorry you took offence to the game company jibe. If you can make a sucsess of it great. I just know from experiece how tough it is.

Anyway enough,...TRUCE

UnderTaker

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats right, you dont have to like it, thats fine, as I am taking the other path in saying its good.

Others will make there own judgement.

Im sorry you took offence to the game company jibe. If you can make a sucsess of it great. I just know from experiece how tough it is.

Anyway enough,...TRUCE

hey tegg.. are u from EA or what?!! how can u think against such a wonderful idea put forward by scatter.. everyone who are real game lovers does know that this game is a big crap! the worst thing to happen to cricket after the bribery scandals!:p

if anyone thinks that this one is the best u can get , then u got to think seriously on ur priorities... man! u got to think big... we need more, which is worth to the money we pay..

thanx

Users who are viewing this thread