Cricket 2004 - Negative inspiration

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll tell you what mate, I might just be ready with new skills in C++, 3D studio max, Maya 4 in another 3 months time, fingers crossed. I sure will get in touch with you when I feel am ready.

I was speaking to one of the guys who had a hand in producing Rugby league game. He was mentioning you may want to try for talents in http://www.gamasutra.com. You can list for people wanted under projects section. You will not need to pay them outright and you can list such jobs under Equities/Royalties. You may even be able to find some very talented people who are needing experience and are seeking no money. I really think you should to check this one out.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
great stuff ravi... will check it out. although the response is picking up round here, so we may not need to...

horner2693

Club Cricketer
i wish you all the best in creating this game. if it gets made, will it be released in u.k?

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can't believe it! were actually creating a cricket game ourselfs! if you need any help please dont hesitate to ask me. im good in researching...

I hope this project gets of to a flying start!

Congrats guys

bharath

School Cricketer
my exams are starting from 19 jan and will be up to first week of feb.
so only after first week of feb, i 'll be able concentrate on this project. sorry for the delay and definitely i'll be the part of this project.
any way scatter,which programming do you prefer directx or openGL?

Ste

Executive member
Originally posted by Scatter
ok... looks like there is a lack of c++ programmers around here. so i'm going to start asking around elsewhere too...

will keep you all informed...

Would you like me to post a news story about this on the main cricket2004.net website? with maybe some information in a summary about what your creating and what sort of people you need?

That might give this idea more exposure.

Ste

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Originally posted by bharath
so only after first week of feb, i 'll be able concentrate on this project. sorry for the delay and definitely i'll be the part of this project.

Bharath, I believe Directx is more scalable but OpenGL is easy and a bit more flexible to code....also personally I think Directx is better cos it's got M$ support...

Scatter

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by Ste
Would you like me to post a news story about this on the main cricket2004.net website? with maybe some information in a summary about what your creating and what sort of people you need?

That might give this idea more exposure.

Ste
That'd be great!!! :D

Do you want me to pen something, or have you got enough information to write it up yourself?

Thanks

vetts

Club Cricketer
Well i know nothing about programming and all that stuff. I'm however a stats buff so i could help with that side of things. I'm currently part way through a double Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy and Exercise Science so i might be able to help with the ball physics and similar aspects. I do subjects such as biomechanics, biophysics, and such.

jonah

International Coach
Wow, this really seems to be taking off. Exciting stuff, well done everyone:) .

Scatter

Club Cricketer
ok peeps... i hate false dawns as much as the next man, so without wanting to get anyones hopes up - start getting your hopes up :D

this is really starting to move...

Scatter

Club Cricketer
ok guys... it occurred to me that there are quite a number of posts/questions in this thread i haven't been able to answer - or just plain out didn't really notice because i was looking for specific responses. didn't mean to be rude, so i am going to correct that error now.
Originally posted by whiteninness
would u be aiming to get it on the market at the stores or be going the way of selling it online...much simalar to Total Aussie Rules 2003 which is a big hit for AFL fans and sells for about 40 bucks online
the main aim is publication. full on wrapped in a box, selling it at the shops publication. i will freely admit that i do not have extensive contacts in this area. i do however, have a number of business contacts who may or may not be able to help in regards to giving the right contacts. if they cannot, then i will personally do it the old fashioned way, and whore myself around to publishers... :D
i believe if the game is of good enough quality, then publication will not be a serious issue. i am also aware howvere, that no matter how good the game turns out to be, we will almost certainly suffer rejections along the way. if that is the case, then i will keep whoring myself around until successful. the key will be making sure the quality is evident in the game. and that does not, you will be happy to hear, mean graphics and style rule over substance.
Originally posted by whiteninness
i may be able to help out with some graphics if the kits/faces are gunna be c2k2/c2k4 style
Originally posted by Auwais BARTHEZ
But I can help with kits/adboards (that sort of thing) designing.
excellent. texture mapping is texture mapping. if you are good with one style, i can't imagine it will take too much to adjust to anything slightly different. at this point i do not know what exactly the graphics will entail. it is important, but not the highest priority just yet. however, we do need some graphic artists for the textures and texture mapping and so forth, so your raised hands are duly noted.
Originally posted by Blewy
I would definatley be up for researching if this went ahead...
Originally posted by bomber
I could only do research
Originally posted by SteveG
i'm certainly one to put his hand up as a researcher.
Originally posted by sohail
if you need any help please dont hesitate to ask me. im good in researching...
excellent stuff guys. oh and bomber it isn't "only research." it is a vital part of the game. i do not think it will be possible for us to have too many researchers. all of your raised hands are also duly noted. we really will need a lot of data for this game, especially for smaller nations like bangladesh, and the non test playing associate member countries (I hope that signals a few things to everyone. namely, the statistical depth we intend to employ, the scope of the game, and the fact that player stats will actually mean something in this game... the list goes on. and the research is crucial.) at this point, i have no idea how the data will be collated, or in what manner it needs to be stored. like everything else, we need to sort out the c++ programmers so as we have an idea on such details.
Originally posted by barmyarmy
Isn't one already being made by Glenn Steimens and co?
does anyone have any info regarding this?
Originally posted by oltimer
In 4 months I'll have my law degree so I could help if you need any legal advice in India.
don't need the lawyer in you just yet, but i'm hoping you might have a bit of a passing interest in sociology. i really need to know if in peoples opinions there is a strong games market in india (a legitimate one - not illegal stuff). one of the selling points to publishers if i have to resort to whoring myself around will be the fact that cricket is a religion in the worlds second most populist nation. that fact is totally useless to me if not many people actually own a computer. any info would be great, and any substantive stats on the matter would be sublime (especially if they were helpful!!! :D ). and the whoring process will begin surprisingly early in the process. once the full team is in place, the whoring starts... :D if only to get a feel for what will be required by a publisher or to generate some interest (eg "yeah i'm interested, but i need to see some of the game first" etc), or hell, we might even get full on lucky.
Originally posted by UnderTaker
i can do some grfx works which might suite the interface designs... also can help u collect infos on player stats n details...
another researcher is great... but the interface design is vital. once we know more on the programming side, the interface will be the first area of the graphics department i will turn to. it is also the graphical area that will probably undergo the most evolution throughout the process. i will drop you a line in the not too distant future to discuss what we can do here.
Originally posted by crick4life
I'll tell you what mate, I might just be ready with new skills in C++, 3D studio max, Maya 4 in another 3 months time, fingers crossed. I sure will get in touch with you when I feel am ready.
what am i to do with you ravi??? :D
you intimated earlier that you proficient in XML. i THINK that may be the way to go in terms of the interface - but that will be confirmed. but a 3D modeller is really important. as an architectural draftsman who is pretty handy with 3ds max i will be able to handle the grounds, even if i have to do them in revit or autocad and import them to 3ds. but i won't be able to do all of them by myself - there will be just too many of them (another clue here on the scope). what i can't do however is model the players or their faces? if you say you can, then that would be great. coz as it stands that is a void that needs to be filled. however, you are also intimating that you may be able to fill another void - like researchers, i do not think we will ever have too many c++ jockeys... as for the three month time frame, i really can't answer that just now. i do not know where this project will be by that time.
Originally posted by horner2693
i wish you all the best in creating this game. if it gets made, will it be released in u.k?
heh... bit early to answer that ;)
however the uk is a huge market for pc games, so any self respecting publisher would have to ensure that a cricket game gets a release there... :D
Originally posted by bharath
no probs mate. you said earlier there was a mate who would be interested too. the time frame in regards to the beginning of february is not a problem. i really can only hope that we are making a serious start within the next few weeks, so that should not be an issue at all.

and as for the preference, i should perhaps clear that up. i am not a programmer. and even if i was, my remit in this project is so far enough that it would probably be best that i didn't get involved on that side anyways (if only for ego reasons - imagine a designer who was also a programmer... aaarrrghh...). the adminstration, collation of data, coordination, 3d modelling, design and production process will more than take up enough of my time. the directx or OpenGL aspect will need to be decided once we have the programming team in place, and a lead programmer is decided upon.

thanks for all of your reply guys. things really are starting to move along, and i will keep you thoroughly informed as best i can once things really get started. as it stand right now, i have spoken to two programmers who are keen as mustard, and vetts is also keen to help in regards the physics (crucial, crucial area). so things really are starting to move...

as i said, we can never have too many researchers, so anyone who wants to help in that regard, as well as anything else, feel free to put your hand up.

Last edited:

jonah

International Coach
Count me in Scatter as a researcher...

Users who are viewing this thread