Cricket 2004 - Negative inspiration

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Scatter - I'm keen to write any theme or menu music if needed.

Scatter

Club Cricketer
aaaaaaaaaaarrrggggghhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

i almost fupped big time - but thankfully i think the actual mistake paid off... i'll stop going in circles now and tell you what the fup i am on about... :D

on the 15th january i wrote my first letter to an organisation detailing what exactly we are doing here, and seeking an endorsement (this organisations endorsement would allow us to use player names and image likenesses) for our project. i felt that achieving this early would help in the process of securing a publisher in the long term a well.

anyways, in this letter i proceeded to very diplomatically slate cricket 2004 - thinking that they had nothing to do with the release as their name appeared nowhere in the credits or anything like that.

it appears i was wrong. ea went to this organisation for a licence (slightly different to an endorsement), and got one. i have just been told however that the agreement was non-exclusive.

the short of it is, this organisation is interested in our project (despite me slagging off the ea one - or maybe because of it, i don't know), and discussion is about to move on with their PR company...
oh. my. god. :D

Last edited:

Scatter

Club Cricketer
well... it's not a done deal yet...

all we have at the moment is an expression of interest from both parties. there will need to be a lot of details sorted before this is rubber stamped

Bond27

School Cricketer
thats awesome news... congrats and it lays a good foundation.... despite what some people think.. you gotta have real names.. it'd just woulden't be the same with out a Brain Lara to smack you for six every ball or for me to smack Harvey out of the park... :D

Scatter

Club Cricketer
the revised design doc is nearly finished...

once i've done that i'll get it out to those concerned. we need to discuss it asap so paul can get started on the planning stage for the coding, and i can get to work on modelling some stadiums (and the website, and the researcher docs, and and and and... :S)

MotorV8ed

School Cricketer
ahh bugger.... i just wrote a post only being told that i had to log in again to post it and then being told that no such topic exists and that everything i wrote has now gone can be a little frustrating so now i must re-type what i was going to post again hopefully i can remember the jist of it....

anyways i am glad to see that this project is looking promising and would like to offer my services for as long as it takes for this project to be completed and even beyond if neccesary...

i have no c++ experience as i just got the visual enterprise program the other day and have no coding experience so i cant help there...

i have done some hobby modeling and am very much an ammature creating models of cars using blueprints... i have some experience in zmodeller and have been currently working in 3d studio max..

i have some texturing experience helping a few people with a mod to a racing game..i created a few skins of the cars to that game and started working on pitcrews but as everything that is needed has been done im longer needed there....

so allround im just an ammature hobbiest... I understand that you may not need my help as im not strong in any field needed to create the project but as im keen to be apart of it i thought i should post my interest just incase...you never know if you never ask.....

Scatter

Club Cricketer
i think we have a coding team in place - well one that we can begin with... although we will know more once we know whether bharath has survived his exams :)

Users who are viewing this thread