Cricket 2004 Question on Patches And Run-outs!

D

Dutch

Hello all, with a new cricket game about to hit the shelves it seems strange to be playing Cricket 04. The graphics are pretty mediocre but the gameplay is pretty darn good! However on hard mode I find it very tricky to get a clean bowled wicket or a slip catch or an LBW and I had 7 AI runouts in their innings. I am very confused as to what patches to implement and how to do it. It seems rather confusing, coupled with my inability to comprehend the most easiest of tasks. Is there still anyone around willing to give a little run-down of what and how???

Thanks,

Dutchad

P

pcfan123

I just starting playing this and I was amazed, its better than AC09 in terms of batting realism. I only bat and simulate the bowling (so far). My 1st innings ever I finished 271 all out in 80 odd overs with Kallis 110*(223) and Hall hitting a quicker 50.

Id like to add to dutchad's query by asking how do I get a current roster and how do I install it?

D

Dutch

Hey! Nice harmy! You have got this one too!

I am enjoying the start of a domestic season with Kent! I am really enjoying it. :)

I am wading through all the postings here but there is so much on offer I have no idea where to begin and am not certain as to how to implement this stuff properly.

The gameplay itsself is pretty good and I like the "behaviour"of the ball. It is so sad that a game 6 or 7 years old is better than the games we have now in terms of gameplay! Imagine this depth and gameplay with Ashes graphics!

I am the other way round. I haven't batted much but bowled about 70 overs: 7 run-outs is a pain and I think I am using Sams.exe....:(

P

pcfan123

good idea to create a new thread, cant be arsed to sort through the rubbish

I am using no patches and only batting. How do you see series stats? I cant find any option to see statistics for batting bowling during the 'foreign tour'

D

Dutch

good idea to create a new thread, cant be arsed to sort through the rubbish

I am using no patches and only batting. How do you see series stats? I cant find any option to see statistics for batting bowling during the 'foreign tour'

I thought in the main menu after or before you have completed/started a game: so during a match you get that matches statistics. After a game you get the updated tour stats, I think! I will have a check and a look! How is Florida!?:)

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
There is a played editor made by Colin/Tom for CK24. You can make your roster :). Use sam's modified EXE and boss's AI patch. When you'll combine these patches then you'll get a better experience.

D

Dutch

There is a played editor made by Colin/Tom for CK24. You can make your roster :). Use sam's modified EXE and boss's AI patch. When you'll combine these patches then you'll get a better experience.

Mmm, for some reason some of the patches etcetera are not available in the dowloads section. Do you have a copy of Sam's runout fix???????

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You need the 'run out fix.exe' by sam that should be in the downloads section. I can send it over if need be.

Mark, rosters are put in the EA Sports > Cricket 2004 folder in 'My Documents'. It should be called 'roster.pak' and go along side all save game files and profiles.

EDIT: Ok I have attached it. I assume this is it, but it might just be the camera. If it isn't I'll have a search tomorrow.

Attachments

• runoutcamfix.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
D

Dutch

You need the 'run out fix.exe' by sam that should be in the downloads section. I can send it over if need be.

Mark, rosters are put in the EA Sports > Cricket 2004 folder in 'My Documents'. It should be called 'roster.pak' and go along side all save game files and profiles.

EDIT: Ok I have attached it. I assume this is it, but it might just be the camera. If it isn't I'll have a search tomorrow.

Cheers Treva, I have managed to find the runout.exe. Could you explain how to patch the AI?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Prakash made the editor for c2k4. Tom and I did the BLIC ones (I think!).
I've fairly recently written the c2k4 section on the new portal so tell me what needs adding still.

D

Dutch

Prakash made the editor for c2k4. Tom and I did the BLIC ones (I think!).
I've fairly recently written the c2k4 section on the new portal so tell me what needs adding still.

Thanks Colin, but a number of files seem to be unavailable. If I click on some of them I get a pink error message: runout.exe, cursor.exe in the patches section to name but a few......have they been moved or deleted? Also I should say that a number of files seem to be treated as Trojans by my Anti virus program....I cant imagine it being the case but..........'thanks for your help.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Allright, I've had this game for years but haven't played it for years. I'll give it another go before IC2010 comes out and try to help you out along the way Dutch!

Users who are viewing this thread