Cricket 2005 interview

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
few things to look out for once the game comes out: (my comments in brackets and italics

• Never before will a cricket game have been as smooth, realistic and authentic like Cricket 2005.
  • we have all the international teams - (all 90+ ICC members, this should be interesting)
  • Each of the stadiums will feature unique elements. Gamers will see a variety of pitch conditions across the globe and will have to take this together with weather and home crown advantage when taking their team on tour. - (we better have rain in ODIs!)
  • For Cricket 2005, we have tried to double the amount of commentary used in Cricket 2004. (should be easy to check)
  • Each Bowler has a realistic repertoire of deliveries. (relastic - does this mean Symonds has two styles?)
  • The bowler will lose stamina after bowling a long spell of overs and slowly become more erratic the more tired he gets. The Stamina gauge which is part of the bowler?s on-screen display will allow you to keep track of when to give him a rest and make a change. The Batting confidence meter displays how set a batsman is once he is at the crease. The more settled he is, the better chance he has of timing the ball sweetly and less chance of edging one to the slips or popping up a catch. (just like in Cricket 2004 Mr Wilson?)
  • Yes there is an appeals button. (about bloody time)
  • There is also a dive button for when you find yourself facing an imminent run out. (sounds interesting)
  • Yes a player?s stats will update throughout the tournament or season. (just like in Cricket 2004)
  • online will be next time. (sounds like a promise to me)
I'll gather together a full fact list for both C2005 and BLIC so I can do comparissons with the final product, and see who matched their promises the best!

nik

International Cricketer
well, he has to face our questions we will see then! :D and plus has it really been under devolpment for 12 months?!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
No online then. That was the one way EA might actually have beaten Codies here. Amusingly diving for the crease and manual appealing were both in Cricket97!!!

sunil ojha

Club Cricketer
Well they add one new thing at a time so this time " Graphics " next time "Online Play" otherwise who'll buy the next version???

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
indiancricketer said:
also is this a fixed up version of cricket 97 because i have 97 it has almost same features

hope so because cricket 97 is still one of the best cricket games for its time

bigbadsharky

School Cricketer
thinks andrew wilson is talking out of his butt, again, sounds like the same garbage from before, why didn't they ask him the tough questions.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Once again no career stats dont these idiots listen???
Surely it cant be that hard for them to implement into the game.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Andrew Wilson said:
For the first time, gamers will now get a game that is equal in quality to all of the other EA sports games.
Aha, so they had been producing backyard crap before. Now they are admitting it since the new game has to be publicized.

Andrew Wilson said:
We allow the gamer to customise a number of options through play, while still maintaining the real rules.
Probably things like changing speed display from KPH to MPH. In the first part of his quote (not here) he clearly claimed that they hadn't even thought of any such thing!

Andrew Wilson said:
There will definitely be times that the umpire will seek some help from the ?third umpire? for those close run outs.
No ****...that was in even BLC 99 (right?). Why would you move backwards? Oh wait, EA did remove features as they produced games.

Andrew Wilson said:
We have invested more than ever before to make this a great game.
If he is not lying, this is great news. And I don't just mean inflation.

Okay I know I was being a little cynical, but I am looking forward to this game (cannot lie). Let's hope that Wilson is not lying this time and actually is saying things that will be in the game. The features list looks pretty basic--apart from Twenty20 all they seem to have done is tweak the gameplay a bit. Let us see. The waiting begins.

Hero

Club Captain
Still manual appelaing and diving to crease and new bowling concepts are looking welcome addition.If they implemented it in right way.It will surely be a nice improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread