Cricket 2005 Looks Like a DUD yet again.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Once again EA have not listened to any of their customers.

1.There will be no Career stats saved, only tournaments and season stats.
2.Stupid Red ball in ODI matches again, and black side screens.
3.Still not having totally Individual faces on players.
4.Less Stadiums, WTF!!!!
5.Will the confidence meter mean anything? And the bowlers never seem to get tired...
6.Same boring ****ing commentators yet again
7.Fast bowlers will bowl the same pace regardless of who they are. Such as Gillespie being able to reach over 150km/h
8.And who knows anything about the AI, will they get them selfs ran out 8-9 times during a Innings, will they act realsitically to certain situations?

There were so many AI bugs in 2004 I cannot see EA making any durastic change here. I can add so much more to that list it ain't funny, actually I found a bug the other day in Cricket 2004, I was bowling with McGill on a very damp, green pitch and all I had to do is toss the ball up and bowl as slow as i could land it only 2 yards short of the batsman and it won't bounce above ankle height. I had 7 LBW's and 3 Bowled in 12 balls. And the game was on the hardest level...

The way the Cricket 2005 players are standing, acting all look the same as Cricket 2004 for me, which means those crappy looking shots, floating bats occasionally and all those other bugs will remain. This game will just the same only it'll be looking alot better when displaying these delightful bugs.

And BLIC looks like a PS1 game, ffs. It's PS2 not one, the graphics are the worst possible, lets hope that it atleast has a decent game play.

jdbais

International Cricketer
Wow, it appears your very hard to impress. How do you know there will be all those bugs. How do you know jason gillespie will bowl at 150km/h. How do you know whether or not the confidence meter will mean anything. It's all just speculation. I believe Cricket 2005 is a fixed up version of 2004 so we might see less bugs and hopefully a bit better gameplay. You can't judge a game until it comes out.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Ah right. That, in my book, is not even close to enough evidence. I have high hopes for this. And if you look at the new screen-shots the ODI ball has become white. Which means that the graphics they released earlier were not final-product graphics. They also have close to 2 months to do whatever fixing they need with the game. Not to be worried, people.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
sohummisra said:
Ah right. That, in my book, is not even close to enough evidence. I have high hopes for this. And if you look at the new screen-shots the ODI ball has become white. Which means that the graphics they released earlier were not final-product graphics. They also have close to 2 months to do whatever fixing they need with the game. Not to be worried, people.

I'm worried as RPIC has been delayed Cricket 2005 has to see me through the ashes. I love EA for there other games but Cricket has been the biggest disappointment to me.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
sohummisra said:
RPIC has been delayed? What about BLIC? How come? Where's the news? Questions, questions, questions.

BLIC is on schedule for release about late June/Early July. Atari who is the Distributor for Codemasters down in Australia/New Zealand decided to deliberatly delay the release of RPIC until October to tie in with the start of the Australian Summer of Cricket. I was not a happy camper over this.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
ajay2k5 said:
BLIC is on schedule for release about late June/Early July. Atari who is the Distributor for Codemasters down in Australia/New Zealand decided to deliberatly delay the release of RPIC until October to tie in with the start of the Australian Summer of Cricket. I was not a happy camper over this.

I don't think you can be too tough on Codemasters. Many Australians on their forums were saying it would be better if it was released nearer the Aussie cricket season (and closer to christmas). They try and do what appeared to be what people wanted, but yet, they still get slated for it. That doesn't sound fair to me.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I think this new ea game looks awesome in terms of graphics, but ill settle for a codemasters game with awesome gameplay.

What would be nice, and surely cant be hard to add, would be an online mode? For the love of god why cant we play cricket online against fellow gamers.

ajay2k5

Club Cricketer
stevie said:
I don't think you can be too tough on Codemasters. Many Australians on their forums were saying it would be better if it was released nearer the Aussie cricket season (and closer to christmas). They try and do what appeared to be what people wanted, but yet, they still get slated for it. That doesn't sound fair to me.

Codemasters has nothing to do with the release date it's all Atari's fault. And no one here in Aus is talking about the next summer of cricket, it's all ASHES ASHES ASHES, and I thought it would of been better released in time for the Ashes as thats when I'll be playing cricket. During the cricket season i'll be playing it myself or going to the beach or something, not sitting at home playing a game on a 30 Degree day.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
ajay2k5 said:
Codemasters has nothing to do with the release date it's all Atari's fault. And no one here in Aus is talking about the next summer of cricket, it's all ASHES ASHES ASHES, and I thought it would of been better released in time for the Ashes as thats when I'll be playing cricket. During the cricket season i'll be playing it myself or going to the beach or something, not sitting at home playing a game on a 30 Degree day.

I totally agree. Delaying the game by Atari smells like an attempt to cash in on gamers who don't follow cricket as seriously as us. If they leave it until the start of the domestic season there may be enough interest to move more copies of the game. That way they get the serious cricket gamer and the casual cricket gamer.

The problem may lie in giving EA the jump in the market. If Cricket 2005 turns out to be another gigantic swindle then most of us (and others on different forums) will still buy RPIC, but those younger gamers who depend on parents or pocket money may not rush out to buy another game.

Lets hope that the demo will be proof enough of RPIC/BLIC quality and us Aussies can resist the urge to fill EA's coffers with ill-earned revenue.

ps. I don't want to sound cynical about EA because they make fantasic games. I love the Madden series and am looking at buying MVP Baseball. It's just that when it comes to cricket they let us all down badly...everytime.

Top Score

School Cricketer
ajay2k5 said:
Cause the game is made by HB and Published by EA.

Umm true, but don't forget EA Canada is also helping HB Studios in the development this.

It's going to be an interesting time come release of both the new games. I'm hoping both are equally as good as each other as its about time we got decent cricket games.

Only time will tell, however I think codies may just be the slight favourties with the bookies at the moment going on previous track form.

Users who are viewing this thread