Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Just above 2 months to go before Ashes and we don't have any news of the new game , T20 worldcup was an ideal opportunity to release the game and then sell a Ashes DLC to make more money. I don't know who is is in the marketing dept.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Considering they just released a major update for cricket 19, I doubt we're getting a new game anytime soon

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seeing as the spec has been ignited again, I'll share my two cents.

A new cricket game this year or next year is wishful at best. In Melbourne, we've had hard lockdowns for nigh on two years, with curfews and five km bubbles, productivity is pretty hard to get going let alone sustain for a company that operates in the cbd. At best, they've started working on it for a few months.

Suffice to say that with nacon acquisition comes a lot of paperwork and legalities that take place which can slow down production for a bit before its all finalised, not to mention what nacon want out of Big Ant (apart from cricket). Its a big restructure and dare I say the biggest an Australian game company has gone through, so it takes time.

Just because the ashes is an official partner doesn't mean an automatic release date for that time period, ideal - yes, necessary - no. Plus we don't know if they're building a new game engine from the ground up, waiting for unreal engine 5 etc or they're expanding licencing which takes more time to get, and more time to implement (ie players, grounds etc).

Personally, early 2023 is my realistic expectation for a new game, but... speculation. :spy:wave:cheers

Rob Stanworth

Club Captain
Great news

Twitter Publish

I've been off these forums for a while... is this a NEW game, or is it another DLC?

I see the Eng and Aus logos in the footer of the end screen, so new Ashes game potentially? (It'll be interesting to see them load in England's 3rd XI when no one travels!)

graham

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been off these forums for a while... is this a NEW game, or is it another DLC?

I see the Eng and Aus logos in the footer of the end screen, so new Ashes game potentially? (It'll be interesting to see them load in England's 3rd XI when no one travels!)
It’s new game I recon , I now have excuse for buying the ps5 yesterday .
I won’t get wife grieve now !

sytrics

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Don't lose hope guys. Well If you look at the pattern below-
Ashes Cricket- Announced: 18th Sept 2017 First In-game Trailer: 20th Oct 2017 Game Released: 16th Nov 2017 ( Ashes began: 22 Nov 2017)
Cricket 19
- Announcement: 18th April 2019 First In-game Trailer & Release: 28th May 2019 CWC 2019 - 30 May 2019 (Ashes began: 1 Aug 2019)
We can still expect
Cricket 21 (XXX) - some sort of announcement from BA around Aug'21 if not then Sept'21 and Game launch around 12-14th Oct 2021 few days ahead of T20 WC (T20 WC - 17th Oct 2021 Ashes scheduled from 8th Dec 2021)

Way back in July I predicted this .... and it seems like it is coming true.
New game Teaser on 30th Sept' 21

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I hope we won’t need too many patches after release. Might just wait a few months before buying it if that’s the case.

Users who are viewing this thread