Cricket 22 Announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan52

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, that's why I am not buying switch version this time, get the PC and play on steam deck as well....

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pondering about that Ross' tweet regarding future iterations on the PC platform.

I've no idea how things work behind the scenes but with a higher price point, sales are bound to a take a hit, right? (at least in India, assuming he was referring to the same region). So not sure how there is an expectation or hope to have higher returns.

Cant help but get a feeling that the decision to part ways with PC has already been finalized
by Big Ant/Nacon and they are in the process of slowing making users get used to that idea via such tweets (all speculation of course)

It would highly unfortunate if that happens. Don't think we will be getting any cricket games on PC for years.

Having said that, it's absolutely fair. There's no point in carrying it forward if it's resulting in losses. But as a consumer, it would be very hard to digest that.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Pondering about that Ross' tweet regarding future iterations on the PC platform.

I've no idea how things work behind the scenes but with a higher price point, sales are bound to a take a hit, right? (at least in India, assuming he was referring to the same region). So not sure how there is an expectation or hope to have higher returns.

Cant help but get a feeling that the decision to part ways with PC has already been finalized
by Big Ant/Nacon and they are in the process of slowing making users get used to that idea via such tweets (all speculation of course)

It would highly unfortunate if that happens. Don't think we will be getting any cricket games on PC for years.

Having said that, it's absolutely fair. There's no point in carrying it forward if it's resulting in losses. But as a consumer, it would be very hard to digest that.
I assume that reducing the price didn't see any significant benefit for Cricket 19 over Ashes. Meaning more people didn't buy it because the price was lower.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain

with the current increase in gfx card price and other PC component , PC gaming on a budget PC is longer possible any ways.

Reactions: DAP

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I assume that reducing the price didn't see any significant benefit for Cricket 19 over Ashes. Meaning more people didn't buy it because the price was lower.
Agreed. But the move to increase the price would further drop the sales, wouldn't it? That is what makes me think that the decision whether to continue on PC or drop it has already been made. They released it for this iteration probably because they wanted us, PC users, to have one last hurray moment.
Post automatically merged:

with the current increase in gfx card price and other PC component , PC gaming on a budget PC is longer possible any ways.
That's just temporary. With Intel coming out with promising 12th gen processors (Amd Ryzen better buckle up) as well as entry in the graphic cards domain, the price will become competitive.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Agreed. But the move to increase the price would further drop the sales, wouldn't it? That is what makes me think that the decision whether to continue on PC or drop it has already been made. They released it for this iteration probably because they wanted us, PC users, to have one last hurray moment.

That's just temporary. With Intel coming out with promising 12th gen processors (Amd Ryzen better buckle up) as well as entry in the graphic cards domain, the price will become competitive.
Well according to a budget gaming PC philosophy , it's price has to be lower than the current available consoles prices and practically I can't see that happening in near future (infact in next 5 years or so)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

There's probably a steady number of people that will, at some point, buy the game. For most people, if you can afford a PC that can run it, you will at some point have the money to buy games that you really want. Might have to save up or wait for a sale.

So putting up the price to an Ashes Cricket level is probably not a negative from a business standpoint. You might lose some sales but the hope/expectation would be that it's not a big difference when it comes to the income. You can always reduce a price but you don't see games go up in price after release.

I'd be really gutted if there were not future PC releases.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Looking at steamdb sales for cricket 22 don't seem that hot.i don't know how it compares to consoles but I am guessing its a long way behind if they are not selling much and have to deal with piracy it doesn't make sense to continue with pc.Ea made the point rightly or wrongly that they didn't make next gen for pc for fifa as most can't handle it.You have to give some value to that opinion cricket 22 hasn't done that so actually it might stifle the pirates that way as most won't be able to play it anyway. I would respectfully suggest that if you can afford the min spec pc you can afford to buy the game as well.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Ross said that their latest iteration, cricket 19 got pirated even more. But steam says that there has been a significantly large amount of sales compared to Ashes Cricket. So my theory is that since the game got popular, the game got pirated a bit more. But due to that very cheap pricing. It sold a LOT more, and by lot more, I really mean it. [The sales are more than 6 times the amount of Ashes Cricket]. So I would suggest a pricing that is not too cheap like they did with Cricket 19, or not too expensive like they are doing with Cricket 22 for India right now. But of course, these are purely my opinions and what I think would be best for the situation.

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Ross said that their latest iteration, cricket 19 got pirated even more. But steam says that there has been a significantly large amount of sales compared to Ashes Cricket. So my theory is that since the game got popular, the game got pirated a bit more. But due to that very cheap pricing. It sold a LOT more, and by lot more, I really mean it. [The sales are more than 6 times the amount of Ashes Cricket]. So I would suggest a pricing that is not too cheap like they did with Cricket 19, or not too expensive like they are doing with Cricket 22 for India right now. But of course, these are purely my opinions and what I think would be best for the situation.

As DLC there is no piracy , cricket 19 is blockbuster that why demand of cricket 22 is huge once this reached almost 10th ranking of steam .

AtOmX

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Looking forward to see fielding animations are as fluid as the baseball games.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Wow I never visit the forums anymore as I don't play any cricket games, yet something was telling me to check the site in the last few days

What a great surprise, let's hope the gameplay lives up to it in terms of dismissals etc. I remember the fearsome tweak patch for DBC14 gave me so much joy, I'd never seen that variety of dismissals in a cricket game, take a look especially the end

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Wow I never visit the forums anymore as I don't play any cricket games, yet something was telling me to check the site in the last few days

What a great surprise, let's hope the gameplay lives up to it in terms of dismissals etc. I remember the fearsome tweak patch for DBC14 gave me so much joy, I'd never seen that variety of dismissals in a cricket game, take a look especially the end

The fielding animations in this game was top tier. Same with the batting controls as well.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@The Fridge's Leg-Spin yeah it seemed well polished but I think a lot of the enjoyment has to be credited to the guy who made fearsome tweak can't remember his name but it really made the game great, I wish I kept scorecards of some of my games... Maybe I made posts in the past

But take a look at that nick fumbled by 1st slip then rebound catch, also the bat pad on the Indian batsmen and the ball lobbing in air and just clearing the stumps. Sorry to harp on but if we can get something even close to that I'd be so happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread