Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

cricboi

Club Captain
My streak of never getting a caught and bowled continues for another month. Would be thrilled if even one of the 50 balls that go through my bowler got caught.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My streak of never getting a caught and bowled continues for another month. Would be thrilled if even one of the 50 balls that go through my bowler got caught.
Turn Automatic AI fielding off and do it manually! You'll have plethora of c&b especially during early career, only if you bowl in the right spot.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Yeah was pleasantly surprised!
The AI can find gaps really easily sometimes though. Seems like the risk v reward is low for them at times. I had one over conceding 24, when they were running about 6.5 an over. They could just find whatever gap they wanted whatever the delivery. Felt a bit rubber banding.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Will we ever get amazing commentary in the cricket games? Same repetitive boring phrases, boring tone...no excitement at all even if there is a happening over or there is a last over chase. Just nothing

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Will we ever get amazing commentary in the cricket games? Same repetitive boring phrases, boring tone...no excitement at all even if there is a happening over or there is a last over chase. Just nothing

I always think because it’s such a long long game. It would always be hard to do. Test Matches take hours. In one test you probably would get through most of the recorded lines..

The people recording the lines could have a little emotion though. It’s horrendous acting haha

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I always think because it’s such a long long game. It would always be hard to do. Test Matches take hours. In one test you probably would get through most of the recorded lines..

The people recording the lines could have a little emotion though. It’s horrendous acting haha
David Gower is the only male voice who sounds natural. I think Mel Jones is probably the best overall as she's done work with BAS already

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
David Gower is the only male voice who sounds natural. I think Mel Jones is probably the best overall as she's done work with BAS already
I reckon Gower and Jones are better because they do they anchor role, as the main presenter, more often. There's an element of performance and probably more likely to be delivering pre-scripted or rehearsed lines. If you're just a commentator or being prompted with questions then you're more likely to be yourself. Being yourself as an act is really difficult especially if you're reading lines.

Alison Mitchell is good too - but she's another one that does the presenter role.

Time always seems the biggest issue to me. It's probably costly, time intensive and you need to fill so much 'air'. FIFA/PES might sound better but still gets repetitive quickly. After 40 matches (probably equivalent one test match) I'm sick of the commentators repeating themselves and change to another language that I don't even understand just for something different.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
I think there should be periodic demand commentary updates/commentary packs launched as DLCs, even if for a small fee. That would do really well to keep the dynamism up

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I think there should be live/on demand commentary updates, even if for a small fee. That would do really well to keep the dynamism up
And how do you propose they do recording sessions when commentators are constantly on the move.

I think other sports have a one up on cricket in terms of shorter game times, and off seasons (like nba or football). Cricket is an all-year thing with commentators constantly on the move doing different domestic leagues and international tours. I've always thought radio callers for cricket games would be great, Gower is an old pro - like that Krusty the Clown bit reading the cards as a dev told me lol.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
And how do you propose they do recording sessions when commentators are constantly on the move.

I think other sports have a one up on cricket in terms of shorter game times, and off seasons (like nba or football). Cricket is an all-year thing with commentators constantly on the move doing different domestic leagues and international tours. I've always thought radio callers for cricket games would be great, Gower is an old pro - like that Krusty the Clown bit reading the cards as a dev told me lol.
Have them permanently wear microphones of course.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Edited OP: it's more of a updated Commentary packs as DLC rather live/on demand

I don't mean *literally* live however, lots of ways to it. Every Company making a DLC alot of times withhold assets from the final launch. So the recording can be done prior aswell as in between quarterly/half yearly intervals. That would keep things alot more fresher, increasing longevity of game. Commentary packs can be sold for a small fee.
Post automatically merged:

Everything-as-a-subscription model is already doing alot of stuff we may consider unlikely to be pulled off:p So i honestly don't see any reason for commentary to not be updated with each major ICC event

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I don't mean *literally* live however, lots of ways to it. Every Company making a DLC alot of times withhold assets from the final launch. So the recording can be done prior aswell as in between quarterly/half yearly intervals. That would keep things alot more fresher, increasing longevity of game. Commentary packs can be sold for a small fee.
I'd rather not have content withheld to be resold for any fee.
Edited OP: it's more of a updated Commentary packs as DLC rather live/on demand

Post automatically merged:

Everything-as-a-subscription model is already doing alot of stuff we may consider unlikely to be pulled off:p So i honestly don't see any reason for commentary to not be updated with each major ICC event
Everything as a subscription isn't a good thing.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Still Cant fix the Marker Issue in Online Gameplay.. same issues carried forward from Cricket 19 to Cricket 22. Don't know why is it not fixed yet Big Ant Can Stop Making Cricket Games if they cant get it right
Why is this not being reported by the assumed majority consumers?

I'm assuming most of them think its just supposed to be like that and move on, but its clear as day that ball is not landing on the spot where pitch marker(or ball marker indicates)

Unless they have some basic common see to point out such a glaring fundamental issue which is game breaking for people like me who just can't play versus similar to offline, just because of this one rooted issue which you have rightly pointed out, been there since ashes cricket AFAIK

My real question is how come the BA testing or the Beta members never play the online mode and see this such a basic issue, when BA themselves have said on many occasions that their majority audience cater for online stuff for which they have now added the most useful crossplay functionality..

*sighs*

Users who are viewing this thread