Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
As I said before … the writing was on the wall when in two seperate interviews.. the biggest a best new feature of change that they could announce was “accessibility features”

and more run outs with the slow motion stuff.

From where Cricket 19 ended up all they needed to do was enhance career mode a bit like AO Tennis, nerf the AI for added realism and add some bells and whistles, for most people to be happy.

Like all on here, I want to like this game and there are, albeit brief, glimmers that it could be brilliant but as it stands they've made a right arse of things in order to rush it out for the Ashes.

gunit123

County Cricketer
I think consumer confidence in cricket games produced by Big Ant has pretty much been lost as things stand. Still, I'm clinging on in the hope that they manage to (eventually) turn things around. I very much doubt people will be queuing up for pre-orders next time around.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Why Broad and Bairstow haven't played every game is beyond me.
Would it have made a difference? The squad is woefully under prepared and they have all been collectively dire.
Broad because his batting has been shit for years and Bairstow cause is batting has been shit for years.
So what you're saying is they are both crap at batting? Sure this isn't a team problem?
From where Cricket 19 ended up all they needed to do was enhance career mode a bit like AO Tennis, nerf the AI for added realism and add some bells and whistles, for most people to be happy.

Like all on here, I want to like this game and there are, albeit brief, glimmers that it could be brilliant but as it stands they've made a right arse of things in order to rush it out for the Ashes.
Oh my, that simple? FIfa has been dinning out on the shit shovel for years, you get a cricket game every two/three years and all hell breaks lose, it isn't totally unplayable and we must respect it is a work in motion as they work with new tech (PS5 and the Xbox (thing?)).
I think consumer confidence in cricket games produced by Big Ant has pretty much been lost as things stand. Still, I'm clinging on in the hope that they manage to (eventually) turn things around. I very much doubt people will be queuing up for pre-orders next time around.
If that's the case then no one would sell anything, we have to get used to the idea games are sold ready to be patched due in part with the complexities of the hardware and the publishers are very aggressive in their release dates and advertising.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Of course they won't test the game, why would they? WE are their QA team.

We are supposed to test, find bugs & duly submit tickets on their site as per their format. Ross is closely monitoring us & making sure we do it the right way.

By buying their product, Big Ant has actually taken money from us to work for them.
I don't mind the community being used as play-testers, but the game needs to get better and better until we achieve some basic level of satisfaction. That is not happening at the moment. Personally, I am prepared to give BA more time, as I think there is the basis of a very good cricket sim here.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Honestly can anyone who has been on the big ant cricket journey be remotely surprised by this.The game is certainly playable albeit with the usual big ant idiosyncrasies.They could just about cope with 4 iterations now they have 6 to contend with probably with the same staff.If you want to see a shambolic release head over to nascar 21 ignition. The company that produced that may well go bankrupt.BA are working hard to fix it and release patches but I think we are near to the point of this is what it will be.
Maybe on reflection a c19 dlc would have been a better option.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Oh my, that simple? FIfa has been dinning out on the shit shovel for years, you get a cricket game every two/three years and all hell breaks lose, it isn't totally unplayable and we must respect it is a work in motion as they work with new tech (PS5 and the Xbox (thing?)).
AI scripting is ridiculous, fielding is broken, career mode has about 30% of the assets, the academy is as slow as a week in the jail and the game randomly crashes leaving some careers or games unsalvageable. That's just the half of it but we must respect it is a work in motion as they work with new tech.

Laughable!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
AI scripting is ridiculous, fielding is broken, career mode has about 30% of the assets, the academy is as slow as a week in the jail and the game randomly crashes leaving some careers or games unsalvageable. That's just the half of it but we must respect it is a work in motion as they work with new tech.

Laughable!
on ps5 its great :)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross : "My head looks all fine. Log a ticket since it's only your head missing. And stop posting pic of headless players, if not I'm blocking you next"
He already blocked me, anyways not important but more concern thing even after more than a month game is still disappointing and my craze is all over due to their daily/weekly patch stuff which is breaking game more instead fixing.

Looks like they hired trickstar 2013 team this time that they cant fix their own bugs. such outcome is when you do copy paste or actual coding guy left you in middle of game design.

Before this patch straight slog shots were bit entertaining or looked real but now these are more golf shots and in the end you catch out just 5-10 feet distance from running end.

Lets see how much more disaster they bring for c22.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Kieron Pollard with physic-defying facial hair in the latest patch. Maybe Big Ant knows what the future trends of male facial hair will be.

Attachments

• 20220108_003044.jpg
    20220108_003044.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 92
  • 20220108_003110.jpg
    20220108_003110.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220108_003218.jpg
    20220108_003218.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 92

cricboi

Club Captain
Has anyone figured out how to get the computer to play more shots to the off side? I lowered the run rate slider, which makes playing a test much more realistic, but as a result the computer basically leaves any ball not directly at the off stump. As a result, I need to bowl much straighter (say at middle stump) which means almost all shots are hit to the leg side. Now I know I can just add more leg side fielders and get wickets that way, but it looks/feels a bit silly to start every innings with such a leg dominated field and results in balls rarely get knicked to the slips.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England

Laughable!
So what 70% is missing from the career mod?

I have never been to jail.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it and it seems fine with not too many crashes, there should be none but I have only had one in the last two weeks.
on ps5 its great :)
I think the above posts answers the other. The future is PS5?

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
The academy appears slower presumably because the files are bigger and so take longer to download and install.Maybe a percentage bar would be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread